Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch under restoration

ignisaeternusignisaeternus Posts: 553
edited January 1970 in News
I Know this was reported before- just curious that it popped up again in google news updates. I thought it was cute that they mentioned plans for Neverland are on hold until the Estate decides how it should be used. HA! Or till Michael comes back! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.ecorazzi.com/2011/03/28/mich ... storation/<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Under Restoration
Filed under: buildings and construction, cars-houses — Michael dEstries @ 1:10 pm
March 28

A small update on the state of Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch has surfaced – giving hope that the entire estate isn’t just being left to rot.

According to Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack, whose firm owns part of the rights to the 2,800 acre spread, the late Jackson’s former home is being well looked after.

“Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness,” he told Bloomberg TV. “The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it.”

Barrack added that they have no plans to commercialize the property and are simply in a holding pattern until Michael Jackson’s estate figures out what direction they would like to take the ranch in. As we reported last November, Michael’s children are in agreement that the place become ‘some kind of community park and center for animals’.

So, hang in there MJ fans. You may yet get to visit Neverland.

Comments

• I Know this was reported before- just curious that it popped up again in google news updates. I thought it was cute that they mentioned plans for Neverland are on hold until the Estate decides how it should be used. HA! Or till Michael comes back! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Filed under: buildings and construction, cars-houses — Michael dEstries @ 1:10 pm
    March 28

A small update on the state of Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch has surfaced – giving hope that the entire estate isn’t just being left to rot.

According to Colony Capital’s Tom Barrack, whose firm owns part of the rights to the 2,800 acre spread, the late Jackson’s former home is being well looked after.

“Our plans have been to work to restore it to its original greatness,” he told Bloomberg TV. “The place is amazing. It has not only the beautiful spirit and softness of Michael, but a legacy of a thousand years of Indian culture that had transacted upon it. We have just been restoring it, renovating it.”

Barrack added that they have no plans to commercialize the property and are simply in a holding pattern until Michael Jackson’s estate figures out what direction they would like to take the ranch in. As we reported last November, Michael’s children are in agreement that the place become ‘some kind of community park and center for animals’.(didn't they said it will be a MUSIC SCHOOL?????????? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Thank you for this,I just wanted to post it,but you did it first,lol.One of my dream is to visit Neverland one day,I really wish to visit that place ,for me is HEAVEN <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> .

LOVE
  • I Know this was reported before- just curious that it popped up again in google news updates. I thought it was cute that they mentioned plans for Neverland are on hold until the Estate decides how it should be used. HA! Or till Michael comes back! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

March 28

Barrack added that they have no plans to commercialize the property and are simply in a holding pattern until Michael Jackson’s estate figures out what direction they would like to take the ranch in. As we reported last November, Michael’s children are in agreement that the place become ‘some kind of community park and center for animals’.

excuse me but wouldn't a community park mean that it would be turned over to say the state or something? anyone know of any other community park that is personally owned?
  • I'd love to have a job there - I may sell tickets for the beginning... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Or cut the grass... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    So what happened to all those gung ho neighbors who said they would fight to keep any Michael Jackson kinda stuff out of their neighborhood? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->