Joe Jackson Stinks -- The HARD Sell

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News

5/19/2011 12:02 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Somehow ... Joe Jackson convinced someone to bottle his cologne -- and we've produced a commercial for the stench -- er, scent ... that is pure justice. For Michael Jackson.

joetmz0519.jpg

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• Sorry, but I found the commercial they made kinda funny. <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->
  • ... that is pure justice. For Michael Jackson.

???? am I reading between the lines or making things up? It's hard to tell anymore. There was an article over a year ago where Michael's scent was going to be bottled, remember? I find this article odd.

Blessings.
  • You have to admit, this was too funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> The perfume was named after Joe Jackson, not Michael. So how can you say he did it remembering Michael. I have read once he said he wanted to put the perfume unde Michael`s name so where is his name? Oh yeah KING.. I SAW THAT. well Mr. Jackson you can still keep your perfume I ain`t buying your perfume, because it is not in the memory of your son but for the memory of your pockets..
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    the stench -- er, scent ... that is pure justice. For Michael Jackson.

""the stench -- er, scent ... of the justice"".
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Sorry. I don't find this funny on any level TMZ. While I may question some of the family's decisions and actions from time to time I draw the line at public ridicule. And you had to get a swipe in at poor old Jerm too. not cool.
    The one redeeming feature to this article....pure justice. For Michael Jackson. I'll say amen to that part.
  • starchildstarchild Posts: 374
    Sorry. I don't find this funny on any level TMZ. While I may question some of the family's decisions and actions from time to time I draw the line at public ridicule.
    I agree, and what's sad is that it's a group of adults performing the ridicule, setting an example for young people. The truth is that for all the general public knows (including the folks at TMZ), Mr. Jackson could be performing his scripted part in the hoax by launching these fragrances--we don't know.

Same ol, Same ol: If something is verbalized enough times, the public will begin to believe it's the truth even if it's lies.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I don't like when they ridicule Michael's family.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I'm really more and more speechless.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    This is highly disrespectful to Michael. F*** you TMZ! No class at all. angry-smiley-038.gif
    Do you want to smell like a father who blew his dead son for his own benefit?

Harvey .... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    "aren't some people quick to embrace TMZ when it suits them..."
    Jermaine tweeted
    heartphantom wrote:

"aren't some people quick to embrace TMZ when it suits them..."
    Jermaine tweeted

who is referred Jermaine <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> , I've never heard anything saying TMZ <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    .....I forget something, if that reviews from Jermaine is with us means that the look at the hoax forums
  • JentleTouchJentleTouch Posts: 244
    Do you want to smell like a father who blew his dead son for his own benefit?

Harvey .... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    Know the limits, Harvey.
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    .....I forget something, if that reviews from Jermaine is with us means that the look at the hoax forums

That's what i meant too.
    TMZ, Mike Walters, recently joint FOX News and daily gives report about Arnold's personal scandal. I am actually watching it now. Is TMZ Arnold's personal spokesperson or something?
  • This is highly disrespectful to Michael. F*** you TMZ! No class at all. angry-smiley-038.gif

Agreed!
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Too much lack of respect they show to that man, who is also Michael´s kids grandfather.

Media forget that Michael forgave his father for any wrong doing.
    Read Pearl Jr. reply to the article on TMZ:

Pearl Jr 6 days ago I'd like to see the results of your children when they grow up. The Jacksons have never been to jail, have given more money to help the needy than most of us could ever wish to make in a lifetime and we deem to judge JOe badly???? No wonder Michael Joe Jackson faked his death, so he can teach the media a lesson on being so judgmental and cruel.

Jaw-dropping DVD "Alive! Is Michael Jackson Really Dead?" There's two-sides to every story!

MichaelJacksonINsider com
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Reading again this rubric, it came to mind that it is true. It became a hard sell to trash Joe Jackson.
    scorpionchik wrote:

Read Pearl Jr. reply to the article on TMZ:

Pearl Jr 6 days ago I'd like to see the results of your children when they grow up. The Jacksons have never been to jail, have given more money to help the needy than most of us could ever wish to make in a lifetime and we deem to judge JOe badly???? No wonder Michael Joe Jackson faked his death, so he can teach the media a lesson on being so judgmental and cruel

She is right in this
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Reading again this rubric, it came to mind that it is true. It became a hard sell to trash Joe Jackson.

Interesting way of looking at it. That would be a change.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I sort of see it that before Michael was taking the full brunt of merciless verbal abuse around the world, and now some of that is being transferred onto Joe and Jermaine. It has some psychological effect of cleaning up Michael's image. Open season on MJ is long over. I think Joe has to be extremely thick-skinned to take all the hate since MJ's revelation in 93 on Oprah that Joe had abused him, and then again now Oprah criticized him again in the Encino interview. I feel for him, but I'm sure it's a comfort to him that that Michael has forgiven him and thinks he's a genius overall, and it seems his family all love him.

On the other hand, you don't rise to top ratings and viewers as a celebrity news source if you're not cutting, edgey, and funny. It's what the public seem to want.