AWOLNATION - MJ would be proud ;)

jacilovesmichaeljacilovesmichael Posts: 2,474
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hey guys. Just discovered this new band a couple weeks ago and I've decided I MUST share their music with you. The first song of theirs I heard is called "Sail"...it's amazing. In the video, there's a bulletin board with all kinds of things on it, and it zooms in to a picture of a pyramid with the all-seeing eye. I started looking at more of their youtube videos, most of them are just lyric videos, which is great because then people are forced to pay attention to the message of the songs. By their lyrics, it's clear that they are trying to wake people up to what's really going on in the world. I also watched an interview with their lead singer, and he mentioned Michael Jackson as an influence :) It's just very refreshing to hear music like this that combines all genres of music and has a meaningful, powerful message. Here's one of their songs...go on youtube and check out the rest! I thought of you guys while listening to this one because it says "It's only gonna take a little time...before we start to lose our minds"  lolol/ Also, the part that says "Wake up, well it's nice to know ya, have you learned to fly cause I would die to show ya"...reminds me of MJ...didn't he "die" so he could teach us all how to "fly"...aka, rise above everything that's going on? Ok I'll stop rambling...enjoy! Let me know what you think :)<br /><br />
<br />Here's a link to their website... <br /><br />http://www.awolnationmusic.com

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Wow, thanks JaCi - they're awesome!! And I agree - very refreshing compared to a lot of the music that's out there now. I'm going to check out more of their stuff, I get excited when I find new music I like. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I LOVED IT! <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->
    Thanks for sharing it with us jacilovesmichael! I'm going to check some more of their music! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->