Strange Building Found on Mars

all4loveandbelieveall4loveandbelieve Posts: 4,455
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
My guess is that nasa absolutely knows about whatever this is; it would be hard to miss when satallites have been circling the planet for years. That doesn't mean it isn't still fun to wonder how it got there though.

A self-described "armchair astronaut" claims to have identified a human (or alien) base on Mars. David Martines noticed a mysterious rectangular structure that appears to be on the Red Planet's surface while trolling the planetary surface using Google Mars, a new map program created from compiled satellite images of the planet.

"This is a video of something I discovered on Google Mars quite by accident," said Martines, the armchair astronaut, in a now-viral YouTube video. "I call it Bio Station Alpha, because I'm just assuming that something lives in it or has lived in it."

He zooms in the surface anomaly — a long, pixelated, white object — and lists the coordinates as 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W. "It's over 700 feet long and 150 feet wide. It looks like it's a cylinder or made up of cylinders," he says.

Has Martines really found evidence of alien life, or a secret space base, as he and some media sources are claiming? No, say experts: "Bio Station Alpha" is simply a glitch in the image caused by cosmic energy interfering with the camera.

"It looks like a linear streak artifact produced by a cosmic ray," said Alfred McEwen, a planetary geologist at the Lunar and Planetary Lab at the University of Arizona and the director of the Planetary Imaging Research Laboratory. McEwen is the principal investigator of the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE), a powerful telescope currently orbiting Mars.

Cosmic rays are extremely energetic particles emitted by the sun and other stars. For the most part, the Earth's protective magnetosphere blocks them from hitting the planet's surface, McEwen explained. "But with space images that are taken outside our magnetosphere, such as those taken by orbiting telescopes, it's very common to see these cosmic ray hits. You see them on optical images and a lot of the infrared images too," he told Life's Little Mysteries. [Read: Why Do Photos from Deep Space Take So Long to Get to Earth?]

As a cosmic ray passes through a camera's image sensor, it deposits a large amount of its electric charge in the pixels that it penetrates. If the particle passes through at a shallow angle to the plane of the camera, it affects several pixels along its path. The result is a bright streak on the image.

The digital compression software that converts the image into a JPEG file then "sort of smears out the image, giving it that pixelated look," McEwen said. What started as a clear streak in high-resolution turns into a streak that, in the armchair astronaut's words, looks like it is "made up of cylinders."

McEwen said that the cosmic ray streak would be much easier to recognize in the raw, pre-compressed image, but many orbiters and telescopes have contributed imagery to create the Mars map, and Google doesn't identify the source image.

"I can't tell whether this image was taken by Viking or what," McEwen said. "The people at Google need to document what the heck they're doing. They should be able to identify what the source of their information is, and let people know so they can go back and look at the raw data."

Please watch the video here is the link
<!-- m -->http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/odd-2218 ... 13748.html<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://ca.news.yahoo.com/did-amateur-as ... 04323.html<!-- m -->

Comments

• AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Ummm….wow. Just sittin’ there waiting for someone to spot it, it seems.

My initial reaction is this – if NASA acknowledges this “finding”, they will either say it’s a blip or an error or they’ll say they have no knowledge of what this is. Which is BS in my opinion. How easy would it be for them to insert this image and then sit back and wait for someone to spot it. Because they knew someone eventually would. The spotting will gain a certain amount of attention and have people questioning if this “building” is martian or alien. And think of all the numerous recent UFO sightings, the weird light shows in the sky, and all these alien movies coming out - and now a mysterious building on Mars. TPTB need people to think there are aliens coming to earth. That way, when and if TPTB stage the alien invasion they may or may not be planning, it’s much more believable. The media will be right there with them and people will be scared out of their minds making TPTB’s job much easier. Inject fear of the unknown into a (mostly) ignorant population and then watch the panic take over. Which makes it so much easier for them to step in, take control and get everyone on Earth under their thumb, the whole world, a one world government. And that basically means the people of Earth’s enslavement by a very select group who think they have the right. It’s all just so vile and sickening.

And thus ends my paranoid rant for the night.
  • Steph22Steph22 Posts: 150
    wow this is pretty interesting. I wonder who it beongs to if it is even a building. could as well just be some weird looking rock or whatever.
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    wouldn't be hard to photoshop something like that and paste it on internet
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Am I the only one who believes that life and intelligence was not designated to earthlings only? <!-- sconfused/ -->confused/<!-- sconfused/ -->
  • Steph22Steph22 Posts: 150
    no you are not hesouttamylife <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I'm with you
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Andrea wrote:

Ummm….wow. Just sittin’ there waiting for someone to spot it, it seems.

My initial reaction is this – if NASA acknowledges this “finding”, they will either say it’s a blip or an error or they’ll say they have no knowledge of what this is. Which is BS in my opinion. How easy would it be for them to insert this image and then sit back and wait for someone to spot it. Because they knew someone eventually would. The spotting will gain a certain amount of attention and have people questioning if this “building” is martian or alien. And think of all the numerous recent UFO sightings, the weird light shows in the sky, and all these alien movies coming out - and now a mysterious building on Mars. TPTB need people to think there are aliens coming to earth. That way, when and if TPTB stage the alien invasion they may or may not be planning, it’s much more believable. The media will be right there with them and people will be scared out of their minds making TPTB’s job much easier. Inject fear of the unknown into a (mostly) ignorant population and then watch the panic take over. Which makes it so much easier for them to step in, take control and get everyone on Earth under their thumb, the whole world, a one world government. And that basically means the people of Earth’s enslavement by a very select group who think they have the right. It’s all just so vile and sickening.

And thus ends my paranoid rant for the night.

I think like Andrea, this gang of thieves and murderers have something in mind. Last night I saw a movie again in the Battle Los Angeles, 2011, the theater was full of children from 12 to 16 years or so (good audience to brainwash them) Now I see these movies with other eyes ... but that is blatant brainwashing we get into the scripts say this every day ... more .... pure crap for children's minds and bellicose.

Without doubt they are trying to induce fear in the collective unconscious ... are well aware of that power .... we prepare for future battle against aliens without conscience who want our resources and are not peaceful ...
    Something smells bad ....
  • I agree with all of you.. I am wondering why all this hush.. Is it planted, is it photoshopped that I have no clue, but when I saw that it got me a scared. Are they trying to control our mind? I say yes..
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    They plan concert for aliens in 2012<br />The musician and filmmaker UFO Phil is organizing a concert in California, June 2012, as a welcome to a group of kind aliens known as the 'blue'.<br /><br />r-PHIL-HILL-large570.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Cute composer and filmmaker UFO Phil, who has participated in the popular program specializing in extraterrestrial radio "Coast to Coast AM", announced that it organizes a Grand concert to receive extraplanetarios beings who allegedly visited Earth in 2012. The interstellar show will take place in Monterrey, California, June 10, 2012, date in which aliens could be already arriving en masse in our planet.<br />Something important is that, as UFO Phil, the aliens who arrive are the "good guys" of Galactic society, i.e., the 'blue'. According to pleyadiana mythology and some other versions, the 'blue' are luminous beings who have developed a loving hiperconciencia, in contrast to the 'grey', an evil cosmic tribe who seeks the exploitation of natural and psychological resources for their exclusive benefit.<br /><br />alien-2012.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />"Many people believe that the world end in 2012 because the Mayan calendar marks the end of a great cycle." But in reality it is when the 'blue' will arrive. "'Blue' are good aliens, says an excited UFO Phil, who also ensures that our generous visitors will bring to earth medicine súperavanzada, exotic foods and a new timetable.<br />As part of the preparations, Phil is composing an original piece entitled 'Symphony for the Aliens'. "The Symphony will incorporate very special musical instruments, never previously used in the Earth." "Humans will not be able to listen to music, because these tools generate ultrasonic only audible tones to the aliens".<br />However, will not be an event completely silent UFO Phil will attempt to form an alignment with earthlings as Kayne West, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. In addition, if the event could not be sufficiently zany, is contemplated illusionist Uri Geler perform an opening act.<br />[AOL Weird News]<br /><br /><br /><br />Kayne West, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, [highlight=#ff0000:379cd8cv]Uri Geler[/highlight:379cd8cv] <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: --> <br /><br /><!-- m -->http://pijamasurf.com/2011/06/planean-c ... s-en-2012/<!-- m -->