6 years ago today - Michael Jackson was Acquitted

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
...even though we know the truth, this is a nice song and I never heard it on the radio. For Michael Jackson, ain't nothing wrong with him... it's you and your friends.

[youtube:2rqx4509]

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Thankyou. That made me mist up at the injustice of it all. Nice song too. Shame it won't get any air time.
  • First of all, a little <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ --> for Michael! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I was so happy that day, jumping all over my house <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Thank you for posting this video, the song is very nice <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Thank you so much for sharing this video.

I was not an avid follower of Michael's at the time (even though I did respect him and believed in his innocence). Even so, I remember exactly where I was (sitting on the freeway in traffic) when I heard the verdict. I also remember how extremely happy I was for him that justice prevailed. I even teared up sitting there behind the steering wheel of my car. I was also anxious to get home and see the news cover it but was highly disappointed at how the media handled the outcome because they still covered it in the tone that a guilty man was let go instead of an innocent man found vindication. I continue get highly upset when I think about it and I believe it comes from righteous anger, not vindictive anger.

I am fighting hard with my budget to give everything I can to the mjjforeverinnocent project and this fuels my fire even more. I hope others feel the same way.

God bless you all. May truth and JUSTICE prevail.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I'm going to give to Wagener too. He is, after all, the only one who seem to be at least trying to put somethibng together to vindicate Michael and I hope Sssneddon and 'em gets thrown behind bars in the process or the after math. [youtube:1s4t2h95]
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    Beautiful video. These images of trial always emote me. See Michael coming to court every day so beautiful and apparently strong, with head held high even in the face of cries of protest against him ... it made ​​me admire him even more then.
    Fortunately here in Brazil's main television network covering the trial never condemned him in advance, on the contrary, they kept calling public attention to an extortion attempt against Michael.
    Days after that he was acquitted, a Brazilian fan club held a celebration party and invited Michael to come. He replied, the letter very kindly said he could not be here in" beautiful Brazil, "but he would be here in the thought!

Congratulations on being so dignified during that difficult time. They wanted to see you falling, but failed. <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->
    Why do some hate him? Simple ... because you are enviable, as a human being and as an artist magnificent!

We love you, Michael!
  • If MJ isn't back by the end of this year, maybe we should consider him coming back on the 7th year of his vindication! Now THAT would be somethin' <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • If MJ isn't back by the end of this year, maybe we should consider him coming back on the 7th year of his vindication! Now THAT would be somethin' <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

That's an interesting thought, considering his connection with the number 7. Either way, I'll be here waiting. He's been faithful to his supporters so it's the least I can do for him. No time frame needed.

God bless everyone who feels like I do about supporting the mjjforeverinnocent project. The name has a strong sound to it and there would be no better vindication for Michael or his legacy than for justice to win and Sneddon and his group be held accountable for their actions. Blessings.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I exactly remember where I was as well, that was such a hard moment to live, I was in front of the TV on my knees praying God. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for Michael and for his family, especially for his mother. I still have the voice of that woman reading the verdict and when she said "not guilty" for the first time and then "not guilty" each and every time ... a BIG relief. Thank God, Justice was done. Now it's time for the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, to prevail...because this should not have happened in the first place and those responsible MUST be held accountable and WILL be. The earthquake TRUTH is about to make them tremble and fall.
    I exactly remember where I was as well, that was such a hard moment to live, I was in front of the TV on my knees praying God. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for Michael and for his family, especially for his mother. I still have the voice of that woman reading the verdict and when she said "not guilty" for the first time and then "not guilty" each and every time ... a BIG relief. Thank God, Justice was done. Now it's time for the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, to prevail...because this should not have happened in the first place and those responsible MUST be held accountable and WILL be. The earthquake TRUTH is about to make them tremble and fall.

…and for every “Not Guilty” a dove was set free to fly. It was breath taking. I thought I was gonna stop breathing the tension was so high. When that last not guilty was read and Michael was set free, I prayed and cried and prayed and cried. You could almost see his body go limp when it was over. There was no color in his face and it made me so sad to watch him suffer the torture of standing in dignity as those verdicts were read. But when it was over hallelujah!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Thanks so much for sharing your stories and reactions for those of us who were not into MJ in those days. So heart-stirring! I only remember thinking at the time, he may or may not be guilty, I just don't know, but I hardly gave it a thought because of my busy life. I had watched bits and pieces in 1995 of the criminal trial of O.J. Simpson (134 days of televised) and thought he may have been guilty though acquitted, and that made it harder to judge MJ's huge trial fairly. I did actually watch the Oprah-MJ interview back in 1993 because he was famous, and I remember thinking how attractive, sweet and mysterious he looked.
    Beautiful video. These images of trial always emote me. See Michael coming to court every day so beautiful and apparently strong, with head held high even in the face of cries of protest against him ... it made ​​me admire him even more then.
    Fortunately here in Brazil's main television network covering the trial never condemned him in advance, on the contrary, they kept calling public attention to an extortion attempt against Michael.
    Days after that he was acquitted, a Brazilian fan club held a celebration party and invited Michael to come. He replied, the letter very kindly said he could not be here in" beautiful Brazil, "but he would be here in the thought!

Congratulations on being so dignified during that difficult time. They wanted to see you falling, but failed. <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->
    Why do some hate him? Simple ... because you are enviable, as a human being and as an artist magnificent!

We love you, Michael!
    Beautiful story!
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    Beautiful stories, I can recall that day very clearly, it was one of the happiest days in my life, i remember evey detail of it, i also remember Michael's face, you could see an indescribable agony and pain on his face, and when the verdict was finished a single tear was running down his cheek, i was heartbroken, i thought my heart would stop if they found him guilty, but justice was done with the help of God and i was screaming and crying when that woman announced him not guilty, it's a big day for all of his fans! BTW very beautiful song, there are a couple of other songs about MJ not being guilty.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I am Italian,from Rome: even here the newspapers and TV spoke a lot about the news ....I remember my infinite joy listening to the words NOT GUILTY... I get emotional even now when I think ....... ....And so I can only say...Michael love you..you are the only one !! <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->

<!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
    …and in 2012 it will be “7” years since his acquittal. Can’t get away from those sevens.
  • …and in 2012 it will be “7” years since his acquittal. Can’t get away from those sevens.

But I have a good sense of humor and will laugh my ass off if he uses a random number just to mess with us.