Jermaine Jackson to tribute Michael at Toronto show

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
Jermaine Jackson to tribute Michael at Toronto show

TORONTO — Jermaine Jackson will commemorate the second anniversary of his brother Michael's death with a special performance in Toronto.

The singer is set to appear alongside Indian performer Sonu Nigam on June 24 at the IIFA Rocks charity event, a marquee concert set for next week's International Indian Film Academy celebrations.

Michael Jackson died in June 2009 at age 50 just as he was about to launch a comeback tour.

The IIFA Rocks music and fashion showcase will be held the day before a star-studded movie awards show often described as the Indian Oscars. It's the first time the gala has been held in North America.

The IIFA Rocks show will be co-hosted by Bollywood stars Anushka Sharma and Karan Johar and promises a parade of Indian and international artists and supermodels.

Comments

• Wow, that is very nice of Jermaine to come in Canada, I am 5 hours away for TO.. I will try to go, since I have family in TO they can get me the tickets. Thank you for your post. I will try to see if i can talk to Jermaine, ( fat chance) <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> In life you might never know what happens.
  • You never know what will happen if you don't try. Maybe you'll bump into him - who knows. Maybe there will be a fan signing event.

I guess Jermaine is no longer trying to pull a large tribute together with a lot of artists...
  • I found this video about the tribute in Toronto on June 24.

[youtube:2ypwf98z]
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R5Rcy-eNKU<!-- m -->

Good luck all4loveandbelieve! Please, share it with with us when you're back <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Wow, that is very nice of Jermaine to come in Canada, I am 5 hours away for TO.. I will try to go, since I have family in TO they can get me the tickets. Thank you for your post. I will try to see if i can talk to Jermaine, ( fat chance) <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> In life you might never know what happens.

Oh yeah! ^^ I know you can do it!
    Seriously, incredible things happened to me when I was least excpecting it.
    You just have to... wait for it... believe!
    Talk to Jermaine.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    MMMMMMM....the best yet come !!! <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> <!-- styping/ -->typing/<!-- styping/ --> <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • you guys you are encouraging me to go.. I am lucky because June 24 in Quebec it is a holiday, Saint John Baptist day. So I have a long weekend.. I already spoke to my cousins, and they are game. So they are in charge of getting the tickets. I only need to transport myself to TO.. I have a cousin who is not afraid of talking to anyone, so I will be with her, and I will have more guts to talk to Jermaine. I will try my best my dear hoaxie friends. Thank you for your support.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    You can do it. Keep the faith. Just open your mouth and talk <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> Rooting for you <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug --> <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->