New forum features

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
[align=center:x6oeyv8y]Advanced posting options[/align:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />Just test the features in this topic, here are some examples:<br /><br />Posting more kinds of videos than just YouTube and Google Vids via bbvideo.gif<br /><br />[highlight=#ff40bf:x6oeyv8y]Highlight text[/highlight:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />Different font sizes<br />Different font sizes<br />Different font sizes<br />Different font sizes<br />Different font sizes<br />Different font sizes<br /><br />glow.gif[glow=red:x6oeyv8y]Glow text red[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[glow=purple:x6oeyv8y]Glow text purple[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[glow=blue:x6oeyv8y]Glow text blue[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[glow=yellow:x6oeyv8y]Glow text yellow[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[glow=green:x6oeyv8y]Glow text green[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />[glow=red:x6oeyv8y]Glow text red giant[/glow:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br /><br />[tabs:x6oeyv8y][tabs: TABS]tabs possible[tabs: TABS2]more tabs possible[/tabs:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />sup.gifOption for [sup:x6oeyv8y]superscript[/sup:x6oeyv8y]<br />sub.gifOption for [sub:x6oeyv8y]subscript[/sub:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />shadow.gif[shadow=blue:x6oeyv8y]Shadow on text in blue[/shadow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[shadow=black:x6oeyv8y]Shadow on text in black[/shadow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[shadow=orange:x6oeyv8y]Shadow on text in orange[/shadow:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />dropshadow.gif[dropshadow=blue:x6oeyv8y]Dropshadow in blue[/dropshadow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[dropshadow=yellow:x6oeyv8y]Dropshadow in yellow[/dropshadow:x6oeyv8y]<br />[dropshadow=green:x6oeyv8y]Dropshadow in green[/dropshadow:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />blur.gif[blur=green:x6oeyv8y]Blur text in green (only in IE, Chrome)[/blur:x6oeyv8y]<br />[blur=purple:x6oeyv8y]Blur text in purple (only in IE, Chrome)[/blur:x6oeyv8y]<br />[blur=pink:x6oeyv8y]Blur text in pink (only in IE, Chrome)[/blur:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />wave.gif[wave=red:x6oeyv8y]Wave text in multiple colors[/wave:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />[font=fantasy:x6oeyv8y]Different font types available[/font:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />fade.gif[fade:x6oeyv8y]Text fade-in / fade-out[/fade:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />grad.gifText gradient<br /><br />[align=left:x6oeyv8y]Different[/align:x6oeyv8y]<br />[align=center:x6oeyv8y]text[/align:x6oeyv8y]<br />[align=right:x6oeyv8y]alignments[/align:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />tab.gif[tab=30:x6oeyv8y]Tab your text (tab 30)<br />[tab=60:x6oeyv8y]Tab your text (tab 60)<br />[tab=90:x6oeyv8y]Tab your text (tab 90)<br /><br />code.gif
Code option for quick selecting
<br /><br />spoil.gifOption for spoiler text[spoil:x6oeyv8y]spoiler text[/spoil:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />hidden.gif[hidden:x6oeyv8y]Hide text for unregistered users.[/hidden:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />moderator.gifFor mods: [mod="~Souza~":x6oeyv8y]Option to post a moderator message[/mod:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />offtopic.gif[offtopic:x6oeyv8y]Insert off topic text[/offtopic:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />search.gifOption to insert a forum search word/words [search:x6oeyv8y]Arnold Klein[/search:x6oeyv8y]<br /><br />And of course you can make combinations. If you have questions, let me know.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    [align=center:27134q3y]User's Blogs[/align:27134q3y]<br /><br />I am adding some new features to the forum. If you look at the menu, you will see that there is a new button: User's Blogs. When you click it, you will enter the main blog page, where new blogs can be seen. If you want to post a blog, click 'My Blog' (left, top) and you will see an option to post a new blog. In the user control panel, you will be able to set the name for your blog.<br /><br />The difference is that you have control over your blog. You will be able to edit, delete and manage comments, like on any other blog. Please do not use it for normal topics or questions. This is only for blog entries, all the normal topics stay on the forum. This is for people that have worked out long investigative posts and when posted in the blog section, you will be able to find such posts better later on. Maybe it's an idea to copy your complete theories etc. to your blog.<br /><br />I hope you guys will like this new feature. If you have questions, let me know.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    for me is fine, thanks Souza your works hard
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    neat new stuff souza . i won't know how to use most of it , but i am sure it's her will think she has died and gone to heaven. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    neat new stuff souza . i won't know how to use most of it , but i am sure it's her will think she has died and gone to heaven. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

[glow=blue:3klaati4]Thank you for the great new stuff and explanation Souza. It looks amazing.[/glow:3klaati4]

<!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
    [align=center:3gmltqt0]Similar Topics[/align:3gmltqt0]<br /><br />At the bottom of each thread you will now see 5 'similar topics'. It's automatically generated, so it will not always be relevant, but nevertheless I think this could be useful.

• scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    [glow=red:13urnmzn]@Souza It's a trial time for me.[/glow:13urnmzn] Similar Topics part is a good reminder! [dropshadow=blue:13urnmzn]It's really cool![/dropshadow:13urnmzn]
    action-smiley-035.gif
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I feel like a kid with a new toy. Lets play.[s:29k32vr8]three strikes youre out[/s:29k32vr8][wave=blue:29k32vr8]wavey gravy[/wave:29k32vr8][blur=blue:29k32vr8]blur text[/blur:29k32vr8][dropshadow=blue:29k32vr8]drop shadow text[/dropshadow:29k32vr8][glow=red:29k32vr8]glow text[/glow:29k32vr8][shadow=blue:29k32vr8]shadow text[/shadow:29k32vr8]
    Souza..this rocks!
    <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ -->

[align=center:37b5gsk3]Post Numbers[/align:37b5gsk3]<br /><br />Each post now has its own number. If you click the number, you will get a pop-up with the post's direct url.

[align=center:1japokpc]Share topic[/align:1japokpc]<br /><br />share_topic.jpg

• lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    [align=center:2n9eiibv]Post Numbers[/align:2n9eiibv]<br /><br />Each post now has its own number. If you click the number, you will get a pop-up with the post's direct url.
    <br />[glow=red:2n9eiibv]Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthoankyouthankyou[/glow:2n9eiibv]<br /> <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
    [align=center:2tecokjo]Digests[/align:2tecokjo]<br /><br />If everything is installed right, you will receive forum updates in your e-mail on a daily basis. If you do not want to receive them, or if you want to change it to weekly or monthly, visit your user control panel and change the digest settings.<br /><br />This one is a test, if it turns out that it slows down things, I will uninstall it again.

• ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    this is great!

[fade:2sv3b39z]< my favorite > [/fade:2sv3b39z]
    [fade:888goc85]rose_small.jpg[/fade:888goc85]

works with images <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->
    Ok, so I put the mini-chat back, but I guess it's slowing down the forum a lot. I have to go to work in a few minutes and I will leave it up, but if you encounter problems with the forum and/or chat, please post here so that I can see if I have to delete it again when I get home.

• It makes me feel dumb <!-- spale/ -->pale/<!-- spale/ --> so many cool things...don't know if i know to use them .Beautiful job [glow=red:2ku2oojh]Souza[/glow:2ku2oojh]!
  • sandythymesandythyme Posts: 365
    Souza!

WOW!![highlight=#ff00bf:3e1antvd][/highlight:3e1antvd] Thank you for all of your hard work, time and great effort. What an experience, education and adventure this has all been. Now I have to learn how to use all this cool stuff!!!!! Thanks Souza!!! The garden will have to wait!!!! Take care! <!-- styping/ -->typing/<!-- styping/ --> <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • Unfortunately my computer is very sluggish now. It takes forever to load a page or submit a comment. Sometimes I just leave the forum because it takes too long to view a thread. Sorry...
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I had trouble logging on tonight. [deep breath into paper bag]. Then it took forever to load the pages.
    Is it my computor or the forum is slow because of mini chat?
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    The minichat is slowing the forum too much for me.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I'm looking... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> the hoax is every day always more beautiful and complete...the only one !! <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
    Great changes !!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Souza thanks and thanks to all the staff
    Now study the whole...Love it soo much!! <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
    Yeah, chat is gone again and this time it won't return. I don't know why, but it's slowing down the complete server. Probably an error somewhere in the script of the module.

Did anyone receive the daily forum update already?

• mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    [glow=red:2gs3zaym]LOVE the new features Souza. <!-- srespect/ -->respect/<!-- srespect/ --> Thanks!![/glow:2gs3zaym]...But, it is taking forever to load pages, really, really [highlight=#ff40ff:2gs3zaym]slow![/highlight:2gs3zaym] I haven't received a forum update yet.
    no updates here <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> but the forum is dramatically slow, although mini-chat is gone now <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    error! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
This discussion has been closed.