Official New Forum Questions, Problems & Suggestions Thread

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
Okay, so the board is up again, although it's pretty possible I will have to disable it again tonight. I am busy with a new forum install and I want to import all the data, but since it is a different platform, I have to convert it. This forum has 12 million records, so you understand that that takes time and after that it isn't even sure the board is doing what it should.<br /><br />I did a convert last night and all the posts are transfered, plus users, but it didn't get the pm's right. Besides that, I have to make some setting changes etc. Nevertheless you should be able to log in there and see if you like using it. It is still a mess, and some posts have huge fonts, but try not to look at that, like I said, it still needs work.<br /><br />The url is: <!-- m -->http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0<!-- m --><br /><br />Just browse a little through it or post, but remember that whatever you post there, will most certainly be deleted again with the conversion tonight, so don't use it to post important stuff, leave that here.<br /><br />I have to go to work, so I'll leave you to it. Let me know your opinion on the forum and if you think you can get used to it.<br />

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• Great work Souza <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    12 million records!
    <!-- safraid/ -->afraid/<!-- safraid/ -->
    Thank you Souza....truly amazing how you do all this!
    LOVE & Blessings
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Yes, that's okay and i guess everything it would be a matter of time to get used
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Wow, thanks.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    thank you, the site looks great <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    :)<br />thanks Souza for your hard work, i miss the old one... but I think we have to get used<br /><br /> ;)<br />
  • Hi Souza...I can't view my PM's on here or the old forum, Idk why?
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1311394365:
    <br />Hi Souza...I can't view my PM's on here or the old forum, Idk why?<br />
    <br /><br />The old board because it's still disabled (will change that later on) and here you might if you go to page 1 and then click on "date".

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• on 1311394755:
    <br />
    on 1311394365:
    <br /><br />The old board because it's still disabled (will change that later on) and here you might if you go to page 1 and then click on "date".<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks...but it doesn't work...dw about it I can wait till it gets fixed...thanks for your help though  :)
    on 1311395091:
    <br />
    on 1311394755:
    <br />
    on 1311394365:
    <br /><br />The old board because it's still disabled (will change that later on) and here you might if you go to page 1 and then click on "date".<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks...but it doesn't work...dw about it I can wait till it gets fixed...thanks for your help though  :)<br />
    <br /><br />If the pm's are not showing here, they are not converted. I don't know why, it only had problems with the pm's. It should show new ones though.<br /><br />For your old ones, you can view them at the old board when I put it back up.

• on 1311395223:
    <br />
    on 1311395091:
    <br />
    on 1311394755:
    <br />
    on 1311394365:
    <br /><br />Thanks...but it doesn't work...dw about it I can wait till it gets fixed...thanks for your help though  :)<br />
    <br /><br />If the pm's are not showing here, they are not converted. I don't know why, it only had problems with the pm's. It should show new ones though.<br /><br />For your old ones, you can view them at the old board when I put it back up.<br />
    <br /><br />Thanks very much  :D
  • I'm curious - this doesn't look or feel like the old site at all. The name isn't even on here...at least I can't find it. If someone comes into this site they won't know what it's necessarily about. Is that the intention or will you be putting the name to clearly identify what this web address it about? The old site had a more professional look to it but I realize it will take some getting used to.<br /> <br />Thank you for all of your hard work. Blessings :)
    on 1311395596:
    <br />The name isn't even on here...at least I can't find it.<br />
    <br /><br />I have no idea what you mean. The name is on here for me...

• mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    Hi! I was just wondering if this new forum will have the "new posts" button like that last one. That really helped me keep up with all the latest. Or, if there is a button on here which directs to me something like that, please let me know. <br /><br />The forum is impressive!
  • applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
    on 1311327861:
    <br />Okay, so the board is up again, although it's pretty possible I will have to disable it again tonight. I am busy with a new forum install and I want to import all the data, but since it is a different platform, I have to convert it. This forum has 12 million records, so you understand that that takes time and after that it isn't even sure the board is doing what it should.<br /><br />I did a convert last night and all the posts are transfered, plus users, but it didn't get the pm's right. Besides that, I have to make some setting changes etc. Nevertheless you should be able to log in there and see if you like using it. It is still a mess, and some posts have huge fonts, but try not to look at that, like I said, it still needs work.<br /><br />The url is: <!-- m -->http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0<!-- m --><br /><br />Just browse a little through it or post, but remember that whatever you post there, will most certainly be deleted again with the conversion tonight, so don't use it to post important stuff, leave that here.<br /><br />I have to go to work, so I'll leave you to it. Let me know your opinion on the forum and if you think you can get used to it.<br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />[size=18pt]Souza thank you for your hard work,but I have to be honest with you,like always.I really dont like the new face of the forum,I cant find anything I want and it looks like a maze.Please if you can,bring us back our old home/forum.<br />Thank you,love you.[/size]<br />
  • on 1311403930:
    <br />Hi! I was just wondering if this new forum will have the "new posts" button like that last one. That really helped me keep up with all the latest. Or, if there is a button on here which directs to me something like that, please let me know. <br /><br />The forum is impressive!<br />
    <br /><br />I was wondering that as well.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    What happen to Army of Love and many other stuff? I am experiencing stress every time site is changes.  :P
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    Where can i find the "view new threads" option like last board? i'm used to that tab  ;D<br /><br />and with the scroll down options, mainly in profile section, i  hover over something, so i can see options to click on, but before i can go  down list, it disappears just as i start go down, and can't click anything  :( for example Profile Info > summary, and other options there
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1311411988:
    <br />Where can i find the "view new threads" option like last board? i'm used to that tab  ;D<br /><br />and with the scroll down options, mainly in profile section, i  hover over something, so i can see options to click on, but before i can go  down list, it disappears just as i start go down, and can't click anything  :( for example Profile Info > summary, and other options there<br />
    <br /><br />the closest thing I can find to that is "view unread", threads that you either have not looked at all or have had a new post since you last looked at it will be there.  ;)<br /><br />it's at the top of the page, on your gray bar that has your avatar/name/posts,etc.<br />its hard to describe where it's at, but if you can't find it, let me know and ill just make a screenshot.
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    on 1311412139:
    <br />
    on 1311411988:
    <br />Where can i find the "view new threads" option like last board? i'm used to that tab  ;D<br /><br />and with the scroll down options, mainly in profile section, i  hover over something, so i can see options to click on, but before i can go  down list, it disappears just as i start go down, and can't click anything  :( for example Profile Info > summary, and other options there<br />
    <br /><br />the closest thing I can find to that is "view unread", threads that you either have not looked at all or have had a new post since you last looked at it will be there.  ;)<br /><br />it's at the top of the page, on your gray bar that has your avatar/name/posts,etc.<br />its hard to describe where it's at, but if you can't find it, let me know and ill just make a screenshot.<br />
    <br /><br />oh that button, i was thinking, that was part my messages ???  ::)
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    On the main page, if you scroll down, the third last box is the last 5 recent posts  ;D
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    And you can also click http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/smf2.0/index.php?action=recent in the box below that
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    Thankyou Souza for all the work you put into our site. It is a mammoth sized job which you do so well and  so thoroughly.  I am sure we will feel at home the more we use and familiarize ourselves with it.  :-*
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    It will only display the original post on a thread and the first reply. If you click a page (say in a 7 page thread, click page 3) it will only show the top 2 posts on that page. This started last night (12hrs ago) for me.<br /><br />Souza I'm dying!
  • mrbigshotmrbigshot Posts: 456
    I can relate to your experiences as well, Bec. I even had a bizarre post that showed up on this forum when I orgininally posted on michaeljacksonfakeddeath.com some months ago.  :o<br /><br />This is quite confusing. and a bit creepy....
This discussion has been closed.