Michael Jackson's Kids Will Testify If Things Get "Desperate"?

PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
edited January 1970 in News
[size=14pt]Michael Jackson's Kids Will Testify If Things Get "Desperate"?[/size]<br /><br />300.jackson.kids.lc.062110.jpg<br /><br />After something of a second day lull, testimony in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case was back to a dramatic high today as the late superstar's bodyguard took the stand.<br /><br />But this may be just the tip of the iceberg if increasing reports are proved true, that proceedings may reach a theatrical, bombshell-laden peak should any of Jackson's three children be called to the stand.<br /><br />And even though both the defense and prosecution have said from the start that the chances of calling any or all of the kids to the stand is slim, it's far from nonexistent.<br /><br />"All the Jacksons were on the list to testify," one of Murray's defense lawyers, Michael Flanagan, told E! News. "But in the beginning we made a motion to exclude witnesses from the courtroom and the Jackson family members that stayed in the courtroom now can't testify."<br /><br />So don't hold your breath for Katherine, Joe, La Toya, Jermaine, Randy and Janet Jackson to take the stand. But that does leave three Jacksons—namely, Paris, Prince and Blanket, who have already been mentioned in detail in bodyguard Alberto Alvarez's testimony—could at least theoretically be called upon.<br /><br />Unlikely though it may be.<br /><br />Flanagan told E! News that to do so would be unnecessarily dramatic and would be a sign that the prosecution is "desperate" and "losing confidence" in their case.<br /><br />Well, we were wondering how long it would take for one side to take a pot shot or two at the other. Whoever had three days in the office pool, congrats.<br /><br />In any case, while possible, it's unlikely any of the three will ultimately be called, as they did not testify at any of the preliminary hearings in the case, and to add them to the docket now would require some serious last-minute explaining.<br /><br />To say nothing of the explanation that would be necessary as to why they were putting the kids through such unnecessary stress and sadness once again.<br /><br />http://uk.eonline.com/news/michael_jacksons_kids_will_testify/266788?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-celebritynews&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_celebritynews<br /><br /><br /><br />

Comments

• In other words: the children won't testify, 'cause I believe it was not part of the plan that they will testify at all AND the defense won't get desperate (I think), may be they will loose a little confidence (to make it a bit dramatic ;) ).<br />
  • Michael will not put his children through this.. That day Murray was very busy I hear.. The emt stated that he was on the phone in the ambulance, busy picking up stuff... I am no lawyer, but when they said Michael was thin could have seen his ribs, and frail, why not compare him to june 24/ 2009 no one thought of that? He did not look frail to me..
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Well it is hard to give testimony in a hoax trial. Like Prince said, he can ruin things. He can get excited and tell the things that he shouldn't tell. So, I think the kids are not going to testify as well. We'll see of course.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Michael will not never allow this... :) /judge/ michael-jackson/ <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> moonwalk_/
  • To me, common sense says he would be rail thin.  He did strenuous rehearsale from 12 to 16 hours per day and Kai testified he was basically ony ingesting juices and damn salads, lol.  It’s a wonder he weighed as much as he did.  But from what we’ve seen, it didn’t deplete his energy nor his ability to perform.  He was just so wound up he couldn’t sleep. 
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    We will see ...
  • CocoCoco Posts: 80
    I wonder, I wonder... /pull hair/<br /><br />It would be interesting to see their "perspective".<br /><br />Blanket looks like he could bite you if you got too close, in that photo.
  • ChinbieChinbie Posts: 160
    Michael wont let it happen moonwalk_/ moonwalk_/<br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    This directly parallels 2005 trial where Michael was going to take the stand in his own defense if things got desperate. Turns out he didn't need to as you know.<br /><br /><br />Not one of us knows what Michael would or wouldn't do. He faked his death for goodness sake.