PEOPLE VS. DR. CONRAD MURRAY AEG Live Prez Testifies

applehead250609applehead250609 Posts: 2,615
edited January 1970 in News
[size=12pt]PEOPLE VS. DR. CONRAD MURRAY[/size]<br />[size=14pt]AEG Live Prez Testifies[/size]<br /><br />AEG Live President and CEO -- Randy Phillips Testifies<br />Updated 10/25/11 at 11:20 AM<br /><br />x160.jpg<br />Randy Phillips -- the concert promoter who bankrolled Michael Jackson's "This Is It Tour"  -- told the jury, when AEG Live announced MJ's first 10 shows ... sales were through the roof. <br /><br />Phillips said Jackson agreed to add more shows with 2 conditions... #1 --  he wanted a 16-acre country estate outside of London with streaming rivers and horses for the kids... and #2 -- that Phillips made sure MJ made it into "The Guinness Book of World Records"  as the artist with the highest number of shows at the famous O2 Arena  :shock:(Prince currently holds the record with 21 shows). <br /><br />Randy's testimony could prove Michael Jackson was under extreme pressure to perform at the time of his death -- which eventually pushed the singer over the edge.<br /><br />* Phillips when he heard Jackson wanted his own personal doctor to accompany him on the tour, he tried to convince Jackson to get someone in London,  but  MJ insisted on bringing his own doctor with him.<br />* Phillips told jurors he met Murray at a meeting at MJ's house but all they discussed was shakes Murray was planning to give MJ.<br />* It wasn't until June when, Phillips said, he got an email from tour director Kenny Ortega saying MJ wasn't focused and was missing rehearsals. <br />* Phillips then got a call from MJ's manager, Frank DiLeo, asking for a meeting to discuss MJ's health. This is the June 20th emergency meeting held at the MJ's home where Ortega read MJ the riot act. <br />* Phillips attended the meeting where he said Murray lashed out at Ortega for sending MJ home the night before, telling him "I'm the doctor."<br />* Phillips asked Murray after the meeting if he was aware that Jackson was seeing Dr. Klein. He said Murray told him he'd "look into it." <br />* Phillips told prosecutors he thought MJ had great trust in Murray. <br />* He said he never felt at any time MJ was not ready for the shows. <br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/10/25/people-vs-dr-conrad-murray-aeg-live-ceo-testifies

Comments

• Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    The best part was when he said Michael was an amazing/awesome father. <br /><br />Loved that part...didn't hear much else after that.mood-emoticon-0095.gif<br /><br />I did notice though, the two "demands" Michael said he made are interesting. One reminded me of a carbon copy of Neverland, and the other about the worlds record. I think he may just enjoy both after all! smileyvault-wink.gif<br /> <br />I noticed Prince did 21 shows...I wonder if he is into numerology too? 21=777<br />CrystalBallHands.gif
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    So who can explain to me why Randy Phillips is a witness for the defense smiley_spider?
    This is the first time we hear that Michael wanted to beat Prince in Guiness book.<br />Well this is something I can believe in.<br /> <br /> <br />LOL I don't remember who said it, but it was very funny when Michael said if they won't use some ideas God will take it from them and give it to Prince lolol/ !!<br /> <br />I guess Michael is funny too suspicious// <br /> <br />
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    on 1319621163:
    <br />So who can explain to me why Randy Phillips is a witness for the defense smiley_spider ?<br />
    <br /><br />LOL Exactly Gina!  Unless of course, he's there to defend Michael not Murray!  ;) <br /><br />In fact I've been muddling up prosecution and defense, as often it seems their witnesses would be better suited on the other side!  And don't get me started on Ed's treatment of his own witnesses!! Ha ha - I love him, but only if he's playing a part, if he's for real then that's scary.
    Ed is my favourite it , I like when he plays stupid.<br /><br />LOL he is the only one I can believe it is an actor.
  • If AEG is said to work with Murray on killing Michael - then it's logical that the defense wants to show AEG has nothing to do with Murray...<br />
  • NO ONE ASKED RANDY PHILLIPS HOW HE COULD HAVE KNOWN AT 10 A.M. THAT MICHAEL WAS "HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING." Did you guys catch that? Randy stated Frank called him at about 10 am and told him. It went right by the prosecutor and defense. I didn't see anyone stop and correct him. If Murray didn't call anyone til after he dropped the phone after 12, why did Randy just say Frank called him at 10 am? Can anyone explain that?
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    ^^ Walgren did ask him about it and they sort of glossed over it as after 12.00 'being a possibility', from what I can remember.
  • I caught that.  And it ties in perfectly with something I heard way back but cannot find any evidence of it anywhere now, that there was a 911 call made at around 10:30 from Carolwood.  Don’t know how to verify it.  I kinda had brushed it off as a “mistake” since I never heard refeference to it again.  But now this WTF??  If this is true, then that coroner van pvideo could have some bearing on things after all. 
  • @hesouttamylife. Yes you are right, It was Frank Dileo who said that he got a call from a fan at 11.30.<br /><br />Here is the Video<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Controversy everywhere!!<br /><br />Much Peace and Love to everyone.
  • Yes, when I reviewed the trial footage, the prosecution just "corrected" it for him. <br />    He said to Randy, "You said you were guessing, is that accurate?" and R says, "Yeah, I know it was in the morning."  He never had anyone review the cell phone records of Randy and Frank to verify this. Anyone know if they have ever produced those records? Randy saying the call at 10:30ish to 11 am is "in the morning." He said it took him 15 minutes to get to Carolwood, and when he got there the paramedics were there. They have all had all this time to check their phone records and recall this. It was strange how the prosecution just "corrected him" quickly. <br />    "It could have been that time," R says when the prosecutor reminds him the 911 call was 12:20 and paramedics were leaving after 1 p.m. R looked a little uncomfortable. <br /><br />Check out the link at 10:25 on the counter.<br /><br />
  • bearhug thank you.  I knew Ihad heard that before.  Of course now with Frank gone, that discrepancy is out of testimony, as is Peter Lopez's. goes right along with Randy P. testifying that he was on his way over to the Carolwood house around 10:30 when he saw an ambulance and 2 SUV’s pulling out and he followed them.  But thanks for the video.