Michael Jackson Trial Live: Conrad Murray "Depressed" After Star's Death

all4loveandbelieveall4loveandbelieve Posts: 4,455
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
[size=12pt]UPDATE 4 p.m.: Testimony concluded for the day and will resume Wednesday at 9 a.m.<br /><br />UPDATE 3:07 p.m.: Toxicologist Michael Henson took the stand.<br /><br />UPDATE 2:40 p.m.: On cross-examination, Phillips testiifed that AEG never considered pulling the plug on the Jackson shows. He had no knowledge of the treatment Murray was providing behind closed doors, he said. The last time he ever saw Jackson alive was at a June 24 rehearsal that was so strong it gave him "goosebumps." Phillips said that Jackson put his hand on his shoulder and said, "You got me here. Now I've got it, I can take it from here."<br /><br />UPDATE 2:13 p.m.: Phililps recalled seeing Murray in "severe distress" at the hospital the day Jackson died.<br /><br />UPDATE 2 p.m. Phililps said that, by the second week of This Is It rehearsals, director Kenny Ortega expressed concern about Jackson missing scheduled rehearsals. Phillips recalled meeting with Murray about prescription drug use after Jackson seemed unfocused during a production meeting. Jackson's assistant, Michael Amir, told Phillips that the singer had just come from Dr. Arnold Klein's office, Phillips said.<br /><br /><br />UPDATE 1:43 p.m.: Phillips testified that he advised Jackson that it would be very expensive to hire an American doctor to look after him and that they should hire somebody once they got to London, but the singer was very adamant that he needed a personal physician ASAP to look after him 24/7. Jackson already had Murray in mind, Phillips said, adding that it became obvious to him after meeting Murray that Jackson trusted him.<br /><br />UPDATE 1:30 p.m.: Outside of the jury's presence, Judge Michael Pastor ruled that the defense could not question Phillips about AEG Live's contract with Jackson, noting that it was full of "complicated legal terminology" that the jury could find confusing. "This is not a contractual dispute, this is a homicide case," he said. Phillips testified that the first round of concert negotiations occurred in 2008.<br /><br />UPDATE 11:35 a.m.: Lee said she was no longer consulted by Jackson after she told him she would not administer propofol. "It wasn't used for the home setting and it wasn't a sleep aid." She also said that she told Michael, "No one who cared or had your best interest at heart is going to give you this."<br /><br />UCLA Medical Center COO Amir Rubin was the seventh witness to take the stand, noting that he spent 45 minutes coordinating between security and media at the hospital, and said Murray "looked depressed" at the time. AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips also took the stand before an early lunch was called. He'll continue his testimony at 1:00 p.m.<br /><br />UPDATE 10:30 a.m.: Lee testified that she first went to Jackson's home in April 2009, when Michael told her he was unable to sleep for more than two or three hours at a time and that propofol was the only thing that helped. When she told him it was an anesthetic and "not used at home," he replied, "Absolutely not. Doctors have told me that it is safe, I just need to be monitored. I just need someone to come here and I will be safe as long as I am monitored."<br /><br />On June 21, 2009, Lee said Jackson's security guard phoned her and she could hear the singer in the background saying, "Tell her what's wrong with me. One half of my body is hot, one half of my body is cold." She advised he go to the hospital.<br /><br />UPDATE 9:40 a.m.: The drama's starting early this morning, as Lee was on the stand for less than a minute when she told the judge she felt "quite dizzy" and emotionally said, "This is just very sensitive to me." Court has recessed while she composes herself.<br /><br />UPDATE 9:15 a.m.: Testimony has yet to start back up, but the Jacksons are in the house, with Rebbie, Randy, Katherine, LaToya and Janet Jackson all present in the courtroom. The hearing will begin at 9:30 a.m., with the judge explaining that the delay was not due to last minute legal wrangling, but after several jurors got caught in traffic.<br /><br />And we're back.<br /><br />Just one day into Conrad Murray's defense and already his lawyers have blown through five of their expected 15 witnesses, with No. 6, nurse practitioner Cherilyn Lee, set to resume her testimony when court begins this morning. Lee already testified that she refused numerous requests from Michael Jackson to give him propofol as a means of helping him sleep, which seemingly plays into the defense's theory that Jackson self-administered his fatal dosage.<br /><br />Also expected to take the stand today are Randy Phillips, the president and CEO of AEG Live, the concert promoter of Jackson's would-be comeback show, and Jackson's personal makeup artist and hairstylist Karen Faye.<br /><br />Testimony resumes slightly later than normal this morning at 9 a.m. PT, and E! Online will, as always, be streaming the proceedings live all day long.[/size]<br /><br /><br />http://ca.eonline.com/news/michael_jackson_trial_live_conrad/271398

Comments

• alfarlealfarle Posts: 440
    All of these descriptions of MJ sound like two different types of ppl. One was fine and energetic...giving ppl goosebumps, then the other seems to be having body flashes and side effects from meds. Smh....I think it's their intention to leave us lost and confused. haha. Perhaps the media lost and confused anyway.... ::P michael-jackson/<br /><br />As for Murray, he does look awfuly sad and bored during the cases.  :| :roll:<----Murray. I caught him rolling his eyes when Cheryl Lee was excused . Crazy huh?