Aphrodite Jones Reports: Nurse's Testimony Total Disaster for CM's Defense

PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
[size=14pt]Aphrodite Jones Reports: Nurse's Testimony Total Disaster for Conrad Murray's Defense[/size]<br /><br />6a00d8341bf67c53ef0154366e9046970c-800wi<br /><br />Yesterday was a total disaster for the Conrad Murray defense. All I can say is: Nurse Cherilyn Lee seemed to help the prosecution more than anyone thus far. In hindsight, the defense should have thought twice about calling a seemingly hostile witness who they were unable to interview prior to her testimony. <br /><br />The nurse practitioner, who earned a Ph.D. in nutrition schooled via online studies, was so shaken up by the thought that propofol killed her former patient Michael Jackson, she actually appeared faint and was granted a "rest period" by the judge so she could compose herself in order to testify. When Cherilyn Lee finally appeared an hour later to take the witness stand, she substantiated her belief in holistic medicine and explained how she tried to help MJ with his sleep problems by making special smoothie drinks and giving Michael non-toxic supplements in April of 2009. Of course, the defense was rolling the dice with this witness. They called Ms. Lee in an effort to establish that MJ had prior experience with propofol, that MJ was insistent about propofol being the only substance that could "knock him out" so he could actually get a good night's sleep. And yes, nurse Lee did confirm that MJ requested the drug propofol on more than one occasion in 2009, proving that the singer was familiar with the drug and implying that Conrad Murray was the one of a string of medical professionals who had been hit up by Michael for the anesthetic ... Still, on cross examination, Ms. Lee's tearful affect seemed to impact the jury more than the defense could ever have foreseen.<br /><br />The most damning testimony from Ms. Lee came when she told jurors that she warned Michael about the dangers of using propofol outside of a hospital setting and told the court that MJ insisted: "Doctors have told me that it's safe ... I just need to be monitored."  Had Dr. Conrad Murray properly monitored Michael?  Did he put his life in the wrong hands? That's what Nurse Cherilyn Lee seemed to be implying. Sometimes, body language is more powerful than words. This nurse was heavy-hearted, tearful and faint. Clearly she blames Murray for playing Russian roulette with MJ's life.<br /><br />http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2011/10/aphrodite-jones-reports-nurses-testimony-total-disaster-for-conrad-murrays-defense.html

Comments

• I find she is a good actress.. To faint, to cry, that deserves an Oscar, what do you think?
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 69
    on 1319759898:
    <br />I find she is a good actress.. To faint, to cry, that deserves an Oscar, what do you think?<br />
    <br /> <br />She is playing her role well. I liked her when she first came out a couple of years ago.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I was always suspicious of her. I thought she was a plant... an unknowing one. I thought MJ knew she would sell her story so he called her and said a whole bunch of wacky things, so later when he "died" she would run and tell all.<br /><br /><br />Now I wonder if I was wrong. She seems so shady...
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    If I'm remembering correctly, she was the one who brought propofol into the picture, right?
  • Doesn't this kind of remind you of Debbie Rowe and the 2005 trial? Debbie was called for the prosecution's side but when she was put on the stand she did a total 180 on them..telling the truth and blindsiding the prosecution. Mr Messereau said that she was clearly a help to them. Debbie also became emotional.<br /><br />
    Taking the stand in Jackson's child-molestation trial, Rowe -- who at times during her testimony became emotional -- said she was not promised money or any "quid pro quo" for participating in the interview.
    <br /><br />http://articles.cnn.com/2005-04-27/justice/jackson.trial_1_district-attorney-thomas-sneddon-child-molestation-trial-british-journalist-martin-bashir?_s=PM:LAW<br /><br /><br />Fast foward to Nurse Lee. She was called for the Defense but instead she turned into a powerful witness for the prosecution.