Lohan's Lawyer--Dr. Murray Does NOT Deserve 4 Years in Prison

SweetangelSweetangel Posts: 259
edited January 1970 in News
Hello everyone,<br /><br />I knew they would bring a new Articel today. :lol:<br /><br /><br />[embed=425,349]http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/28/shawn-holley-dr-conrad-murray/[/embed]<br /><br /><br />Much Peace and Love to everyone

Comments

• GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Posted 11/28/2011 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />If we add the date and the hour we have 777
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    [size=14pt]LOHAN'S LAWYER<br />Dr. Murray Does NOT Deserve Four Years in Prison![/size]<br /><br />Lindsay Lohan's lawyer is coming to the defense of Conrad Murray ... claiming the Doc should NOT get the maximum sentence for manslaughtering Michael Jackson ... because it just wouldn't be fair. <br /><br />With Murray's sentencing hearing set for tomorrow in L.A. -- we asked the effervescent Shawn Holley if Conrad deserves the 4 year prison sentence he's expected to receive. <br /><br />Holley makes it clear she doesn't excuse Murray's "horrible" crime ... but claims he shouldn't get the full sentence because, "He has no record."<br /><br />Murray's hearing is set to begin at 8:30 AM tomorrow -- TMZ will be livestreaming the whole thing.<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/28/shawn-holley-dr-conrad-murray/#.TtQdL2Mr27t
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    There is definitely a connection btw MJ and Lindsay. Alvarez is her bodyguard, her lawyer talks about MJ's "death" trial. There was a movie thing with Lindsay, right? Do you guys remember what it was exactly? I can not remember it right now.
  • [size=12pt]Dr. Conrad Murray to be sentenced in L.A. court Tuesday for accidentally causing Michael Jackson’s death  [/size] <br /><br />Disgraced doc could get up to 4 years in the clink<br /><br />BY Nancy Dillon<br /> NEW YORK DAILY NEWS <br /><br />Monday, November 28 2011, 3:22 PM<br /><br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray faces up to four years in prison when he is sentenced Tuesday for accidentally killing Michael Jackson with negligent care — but his lawyers want him to get off easy.<br /> <br />Prosecutors will argue that Murray deserves the stiffest sentence possible because he has shown no remorse and continues to blame the King of Pop for the singer’s 2009 overdose death.<br /> <br />Murray’s defense lawyers, however, are expected to ask for a minimum punishment of probation and community service. They contend the Houston cardiologist has no prior criminal record and will spend the rest of his life in a personal prison of grief and self-punishment.<br /> <br />But the Rev. Al Sharpton doesn’t buy that argument.<br /> <br />“I hope he gets the maximum and more,” Sharpton, a close Jackson family friend, told the Daily News Monday.<br /> <br />“Anything short of the maximum would send the wrong message to people who are willing to exploit the medical profession for personal greed and gain.”<br /> <br />A jury convicted Murray, 58, of involuntary manslaughter November 7 following a six-week trial. Deputy District Attorney David Walgren intends to ask the judge to impose $100 million in fines and restitution for Jackson’s three children.<br /> <br />The jury found Murray was criminally negligent when he gave Jackson the surgery-strength anesthetic propofol as a sleep aid in a private setting without proper monitoring or resuscitative equipment.<br /> <br />Sharpton said he recently spoke to family patriarch Joe Jackson and was told the celebrity clan wants Judge Michael Pastor to throw the book at Murray.<br /> <br />“Michael wasn't just a megastar, he was a father. His three kids will never have a father again. They should see justice and be compensated. They shouldn't be treated any differently just because they're the children of a megastar,” Sharpton said.<br /><br />A Houston patient who testified as a character witness at Murray's trial prayed Monday that he will be given a light sentence.<br /> <br />“The doctors who treated Michael Jackson before Dr. Murray should have been put on the witness stand. They're the ones who did the damage," Ruby Mosley, 82, told The News.<br /> <br />“Dr. Murray walked into a trap,” she said. “I'm hoping and praying he will be given probation and community service. Dr. Murray was not a greedy person. Dr. Murray gave back more than he will ever receive."<br /> <br />Murray is prohibited from practicing medicine in his home states of Texas and California as a result of his felony conviction, officials said.<br /> <br />Still, he hopes to somehow use his medical training to help people in the future, his lawyer Nareg Gourjian wrote in a 45-page memo to Judge Pastor.<br /> <br />“Conrad Murray still has the knowledge, capacity and motivation to be a source of healing in the world,” Gourjian wrote.<br /> <br />“Though he will perhaps not again be a doctor ... he could educate and counsel patients about heart care and disease prevention.”<br /><br /><br />Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/dr-conrad-murray-sentenced-a-court-tuesday-accidentally-causing-michael-jackson-death-article-1.983550#ixzz1f34wXsHL
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1322524226:
    <br />There is definitely a connection btw MJ and Lindsay. Alvarez is her bodyguard, her lawyer talks about MJ's "death" trial. There was a movie thing with Lindsay, right? Do you guys remember what it was exactly? I can not remember it right now.<br />
    <br /><br />I can't recall the name of the movie, but it is meant to be in production and she played someone who helped stars fake their death to escape.....hmmmmm<br /><br />I agree there seems something weird with the Lindsay Lohan debacle the past years (and now she's doing her Community Service at the LA County Morgue ;)) <br /><br />Also I am not sure I have this correct but isn't Shawn Holley married to Dorian Holley?? He was a backup singer for MJ for many years on the Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours and also on This is It (plus he was vocal coach on TII)
  • on 1322526670:
    <br />
    on 1322524226:
    <br />There is definitely a connection btw MJ and Lindsay. Alvarez is her bodyguard, her lawyer talks about MJ's "death" trial. There was a movie thing with Lindsay, right? Do you guys remember what it was exactly? I can not remember it right now.<br />
    <br /><br />I can't recall the name of the movie, but it is meant to be in production and she played someone who helped stars fake their death to escape.....hmmmmm<br /><br />I agree there seems something weird with the Lindsay Lohan debacle the past years (and now she's doing her Community Service at the LA County Morgue ;)) <br /><br />Also I am not sure I have this correct but isn't Shawn Holley married to Dorian Holley?? He was a backup singer for MJ for many years on the Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours and also on This is It (plus he was vocal coach on TII)<br />
    <br /><br />What a small world it is, right? Thank you for sharing that information.<br /><br />This is crazy. "IF" Michael were d**d now, and "IF" Michael lived in another state when the crime occurred, I'm pretty sure Dr Murray would be looking at a stiffer penalty than 4 years...with all probability looking at house arrest or probation. Of course, this is just my opinion. Maybe it'd be this way elsewhere too.<br /><br />Tomorrow should be an interesting day, for sure.<br /><br />Blessings
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    on 1322526670:
    <br />
    on 1322524226:
    <br /><br />I can't recall the name of the movie, but it is meant to be in production and she played someone who helped stars fake their death to escape.....hmmmmm<br /><br />I agree there seems something weird with the Lindsay Lohan debacle the past years (and now she's doing her Community Service at the LA County Morgue ;)) <br /><br />Also I am not sure I have this correct but isn't Shawn Holley married to Dorian Holley?? He was a backup singer for MJ for many years on the Bad, Dangerous and HIStory tours and also on This is It (plus he was vocal coach on TII)<br />
    <br /><br /><br /><br />She also represented MJ according to this profile page of hers.<br /><br /><br />Profiles for Attorneys and Law Firms<br /><br />    * Books by Attorneys<br />    <br />          <br />      <br />      Shawn Chapman Holley<br /><br />Shawn Chapman Holley is currently one of the lawyers of the business and entertainment law firm Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert LLP. The firm is based in Santa Monica, California.<br /><br />Prior to joining the firm, she was LA County’s Public Defender, taking on several criminal court cases. She also worked as The Cochran Firm’s managing partner and was appointed the chief of the LA-based firm’s National Criminal Defense Section.<br /><br />Shawn Holley, known to have handled over 60 trials, is a rare trial lawyer who specializes in criminal and civil litigation. An active participant in the O.J. Simpson defense team, Shawn Holley was also involved in several of Cochran’s high profile criminal and civil cases back when his firm was called The Law Offices of Johnnie L. Cochran Jr.<br /><br />[size=14pt]She recently defended the following famous people: the Kardashian sisters, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Shemar Moore, Michelle Rodriguez and Gary Dourdan. Her past clients include Axl Rose, Mike Tyson, Tupac Shakur, The Game, Snoop Dogg, Michael Jackson, Jesse McCartney and Geronimo Pratt.[/size]<br /><br />Shawn Chapman Holley is a native of Los Angeles, California. She studied at the University of California in Los Angeles and later attended the Southwestern University School of Law. Her husband, a recognized singer, is American Idol’s vocal coach and associate music director. The Holleys have three daughters, Olivia, Nayanna and Sasha.<br /><br />http://www.law-firms-attorneys.com/lawyers-attorneys/shawn-chapman-holley<br />
  • on 1322524226:
    on 1322524226:
    <br />Lindsay is poised to star in the celebrity-skewing thriller ‘Escaping The Game’ — but can she stay out of jail long enough to shoot?<br />Lindsay Lohan has apparently agreed to be in the upcoming film Escaping The Game, and if she formally accepts the role, will be her first project since leaving rehab in January. The 24-year-old is slated to act alongside the buzzed-about Chris Zylka, one of the leads of the upcoming The Amazing Spider-Man, RadarOnline.com reports. Shooting the film will take Lindsay between the U.S. and Spain for much of the summer.<br /><br /><br />The script is about celebrities who are so overwhelmed by fame they fake their deaths and move to a remote island. Ironically, Lindsay will be playing a detective pursuing the truth behind all of these famous disappearances.<br /><br />We’re thrilled you will be focusing on your work, Lindsay! Just remember to keep your priorities straight and you may keep your life on track — assuming you can dodge jail and start the film!<br /><br />http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/02/20/lindsay-lohan-movie-spider-man/