DR. CONRAD MURRAY Back to Court to Prove MJ Partly Caused His Own Death

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 2012 in News
[size=18pt]DR. CONRAD MURRAY<br />Back to Court to Prove<br />MJ Partly Caused His Own Death[/size]<br />25 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />0109-conrad-mj-getty-ex.jpg<br /><br />Dr. Conrad Murray is asking the judge in his criminal case to deny Michael Jackson's family full restitution, on grounds MJ caused his own death.<br /><br />Murray filed legal docs yesterday -- obtained by TMZ -- asking for evidence the defense never received during the trial ... evidence that could show Michael self-administered the fatal dose of Propofol.<br /><br />Murray's lawyer, Michael Flanagan, argues that in deciding how much restitution the family gets, it's appropriate to consider the victim's responsibility for his own demise.<br /><br />So Murray will concede he's partly to blame -- he can't argue otherwise because of the conviction -- but he still wants to prove that MJ ultimately caused his own death.<br /><br />The prosecution is asking for around $100 million in restitution, but the judge hasn't decided on a figure.  But once the figure is set, if Flanagan gets his way and the judge were to decide MJ was 50% responsible for his death, the judge would reduce the restitution award by 50%.<br /><br />So the fat lady hasn't sung ... yet.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• i thought during the court case when the prosecution asked for so much the judge he needed a detail list and amount on everything?..and i thought the judge said they only had so many days or so to get it to him??..was this something else??<br />huggs n love n faith to all<br />suzz<br />ps<br />the fat lady hasnt sung yet lol ;)
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Where's Murray going to find $50 million?  It might as well still be $100 million.  Even if his documentary brings in $10 million, it's hopeless. ;) <br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />
    So the fat lady hasn't sung ... yet.
    <br /><br /><br />Because the skinny man isn't done singing! :lol:
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    oh, here we go again ..... and the story moves on<br /><br />I cannot wait to see new evidence.  8-) <br /><br /><br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    So the fat lady hasn't sang, but please, please, pwitty pweeze let this jail bird sing. Geez I hope we get to hear Murray testify if this happens. I'll start taking bets on how long he'll be able to hold his accent while on the stand. 
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    :lol: funny post TMZ...oh by the way I wanna wave HI to you TMZ  ;D<br /><br />So if Murray will have to pay "only" 50 millions - what's the big difference WTF?? ??? There's no way he can pay those money his whole life.<br /><br />
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Of course Michael caused his own 'death'!
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    on 1326214690:
    <br />Of course Michael caused his own 'death'!<br />
    <br />only 50%...the rest was Murray's contribution
  • diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    on 1326216924:
    <br />
    on 1326214690:
    <br />Of course Michael caused his own 'death'!<br />
    <br />only 50%...the rest was Murray's contribution<br />
    <br />Agree!!!
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    [size=12pt]Murray filed legal docs yesterday -- obtained by TMZ -- asking for evidence the defense never received during the trial ... evidence that could show Michael self-administered the fatal dose of Propofol is ALIVE.[/size]
    <br /><br />That would be best.  geek/
  • Aidan_81Aidan_81 Posts: 382
    I'm really curious about such "evidence". Self-administering propofol is BS,<br />I thought they will try to prove he took some pills when hiding in his bedroom<br />or something.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    This has to do with tests on the syringe (and/or saline bag?). Something about how if traces of lidocaine was found among the contents or not. Remember Murray's team said if lidocaine was found it would negate the Prosecution's argument that the dosage was strong enough to kill MJ? Something like that anyway. I'd have to review the articles that came out just after sentencing. It's fuzzy in the grey matter...
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    So, Murray freely walks around, can easily go in and out of jail to go to court to file legal documents.....? I wonder where else he goes?
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Murray presented yesterday legal documents - obtained by TMZ -... always, or Murray send these documents to TMZ, ..they always get everything confused/
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    bounce/  Simply...... bounce/  [size=14pt]THE BEST IS YET TO COME !!![/size]    /woohoo/<br /><br /><br />                                                                                    moonwalk_/
  • emulikemulik Posts: 1,009
    on 1326231042:
    <br /> bounce/  Simply...... bounce/  [size=14pt]THE BEST IS YET TO COME !!![/size]    /woohoo/<br /><br /><br />                                                                                    moonwalk_/<br />
    <br />Exactly Blankie! time is approaching..
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Why didn't he do it during the trial?  geek/  To me this sounds like they want to fill the time till MJ comes back and that's the reason why they splitted the trial like this. And the part where they say MJ "partly" killed himself reminded me 'Piece by piece'. ;)
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    I may not be a lawyer, but I think we've all seen enough TV law shows over the years to realize that this is on its face ridiculous.  He has no legal basis on which to file for a reduction.  That would have been handled through the trial, or a new trial, if that's what he's proposing.  <br /><br />
  • The prosecution is asking for around $100 million in restitution, but the judge hasn't decided on a figure.  But once the figure is set, if Flanagan gets his way and the judge were to decide MJ was 50% responsible for his death, the judge would reduce the restitution award by [size=14pt]50%.[/size]
    <br /><br />When I try to read between the lines I'd say the truth is 50%.. and the other 50% of the trial is fake(hoax)  ;)
    Michael Flanagan, continues to represent Murray :?:
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    on 1326239354:
    <br />Michael Flanagan, continues to represent Murray :?:<br />
      You mean Murphy, don't you?
    It was said that Murray did not have any money to pay for attorneys and the work of Flanagan end to the trial.
  • lacta89lacta89 Posts: 88
    ...and I was wandering...when would the sequel of the trial come out  /bravo/ :D
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1326240194:
    <br />
    on 1326239354:
    <br />Michael Flanagan, continues to represent Murray :?:<br />
      You mean Murphy, don't you?<br />
    <br /><br />I need a gif with sound to use laughing Nelson for times like this.<br /><br />Til then yall have to just use yer 'magination:<br /><br />Ha Ha.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    /woohoo/
  • Just when I was thinking, "Gee we haven't heard much from Dr. Murray recently....."<br />Can't rememeber who, but someone said (a while back) TMZ is like "The Michael Zone"  lolol/<br />Could even be The Murray Zone now  :mrgreen:<br /><br />TMZ, you're tabloid rubbish, yet you're so informative. Thank you. ;))