Michael Jackson costumes to be exhibited, sold

GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
Michael Jackson costumes to be exhibited, sold  <br /><br />10:26 AM, May 14, 2012<br />By SANDY COHEN Associated Press <br />            <br />        bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120514&Category=ENT07&ArtNo=120514032&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Michael-Jackson-costumes-exhibited-sold    <br /><br />An undated image released by Julien's Auctions, shows a a Michael Jackson "Beat It" style jacket used on stage during the 1992-1993 Dangerous Tour.  /  Julien's Auctions / AP PHOTO <br />    <br />        bilde?Site=C4&Date=20120514&Category=ENT07&ArtNo=120514032&Ref=V1&MaxW=300&Border=0&Michael-Jackson-costumes-to-be-exhibited-sold    <br /><br />An undated image released by Julien's Auctions, shows a Michael Jackson right handed glove covered in crystals, designed by Tompkins & Bush.  /  Julien's Auctions / AP PHOTO          <br /><br /><br />Michael Jackson's glittery gloves, spangled jackets, stage-worn costumes and personal fashion effects are going on a world tour.<br />Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien says clothing created by Jackson's longtime costume designers will be exhibited in South America, Europe and Asia before being sold to the highest bidder in December. <br />The exhibit opens May 18 at the Museo de la Moda in Santiago, Chile. It features items such as Jackson's Captain EO shirt, the black spandex outfit from his "Scream" video and the breakaway suit he wore during his BAD tour in the late 1980s. <br />The items will be sold by Julien's Auction on December 2, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Guide Dogs of America and Nathan Adelson Hospice in Las Vegas.<br />  <br /><br />Michael Jackson costumes to be exhibited, sold | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Comments

• wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    They are not showing the items in the United States...but proceeds are going to things here?  Why? <br /><br />Here are the websites for the organizations listed:<br /><br />Nathan Adelson Hospice      (nice monarch butterfly on first page, lol)<br /><br />Guide Dogs of America<br /><br />Both seem like really cool organizations...glad to see them being helped.  Thanks for the post, Grace : ) <br />Blessings Always
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    It is about dogs leading the blind and palliative care / pain relief for the irreversibly ill - with hoax glasses on, this fits perfectly.<br /><br />The butterfly most likely is a Black Swallowtail (Papilio polyxenes).
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    For me is  a dream only  think to have something of Michael... :bearhug: I  hope those who buy his stuff really loves him and is not a simple collector of celebrities.. :icon_rolleyes:... in any way is a lucky person !!!  :icon_razz: :michael-jackson:
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    How about THIS synchronicity!! LMFAO !!  :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121: :thjajaja121:<br /><br />
  • I'm really quite baffled on how many "original" items of Michael's clothing really exist in the common world today. I have saw sooooooo many videos & auctions of items of Michael's that was "original, red jacket, he wore in Beat It, Thriller" videos. <br /><br />I mean, I'm having a hard time even keeping track of HOW MANY really are authentic??? I mean Michael have like 50 red Beat It jackets, that are all considered authentic? <br />Everytime I see an auction, saying Michael Jackson's white beaded glove, I say.....really........again!
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Guide dogs for the blind, lol.<br /><br />If you click through the gallery of pics, they have the HIStory 777 jacket as well.
  • TinkTink Posts: 1,175
    Not that many outfits, really. Guess when they were unloading everything back to Neverland, a few pieces got chosen, since there's sooo many replicas.
  • @Grace...... thank you very much for that wonderful news, my guess is that Michael Jackson "the entertainer" has hypothetically died that's why he is auctioning all the clothes he used on his concerts all around the world to use that money to help people in need.  :moonwalk_: