Elvis Presley's Crypt -- UP FOR AUCTION!!

breakodawnbreakodawn Posts: 50
edited January 1970 in News
It appears that this article isn't here.This is from the 28th May 2012'.<br /><br />[size=18pt]Elvis Presley's Crypt<br />UP FOR AUCTION!![/size]<br />5/28/2012 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />0528-elvis-presley-mausoleum-3.jpg<br /><br />Elvis fans can die happy ... literally ... 'cause the The King's original crypt is going up for auction and will will be one lucky bidder's permanent resting ground.<br /><br />Darren Julien of Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills is set to offer up the iconic singer's tomb -- located at the Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Tennessee -- on June 23 as part of his "Music Icons" auction.<br /><br />Following his death on August 16, 1977, Elvis rested in the tomb for two months, alongside his mother Gladys. Both were then later re-buried at his Graceland home.<br /><br />The tomb, which has remained empty ever since, will hit the auction block on June 23. The winner will receive the crypt, opening and closing of the vault for burial, a memorialization inscription and use of the chapel for a committal service.<br /><br />Fun Fact: Julien's Auctions also sold Michael Jackson's "Thriller" jacket, Marilyn Monroe's "River of No Return Dress", and a jacket worn by John Lennon ... all went for $240k - $1.8 million. <br /><br /><br /><br />I haven't posted here in quite a while,so I apologise if this doesn't work.<br />Cheers

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This is a picture of the crypt taken after Elvis "left the building" <br />1346_30_05_12_1_12_13.jpeg<br /><br />1346_30_05_12_1_18_46.jpeg<br /><br />elvisfuner.jpg
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    The first line - "Elvis fans can die happy ... literally ... "  - I wonder if that could mean long time Elvis-is-alive believers will finally find out that he's alive.<br /><br />I like the MJ "Thriller" reference too.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    The timing is perfect........once again.  Why now??? 
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Seem's there is alot going up for auction lately  :suspect:
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1338384125:
    <br />The first line - "Elvis fans can die happy ... literally ... "  - I wonder if that could mean long time Elvis-is-alive believers will finally find out that he's alive.<br /><br />I like the MJ "Thriller" reference too.<br />
    <br /><br />That's what I thought too.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    This is a picture of the crypt taken after Elvis "left the building"<br /><br />o_susto_do_fantasma.gif<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />1346_30_05_12_1_18_46.jpeg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /> :icon_lol:
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    I guess they're trying to make money while they can.  Will they guarantee that Elvis actually 'slept' in that crypt?  :LolLolLolLol:<br /><br />Or will the lucky winner have to sue in court for misrepresentation? :thjajaja121:
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Elvis fans can die happy ... literally ... 'cause the The King's original crypt is going up for auction and will will be one lucky bidder's permanent resting ground.
    <br /><br />To die means (technically / geologically) to thin out.<br />
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    <br />
    Elvis Presley Crypt Pulled From Auction After Fan Uproar   <br />3:58 PM PDT 6/24/2012 by The Associated Press<br /><br />Fans had demanded that the empty tomb be kept as a shrine to the King of Rock 'n' Roll's memory.  Elvis Presley's crypt has left the auction block.<br />Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien said his company has agreed not to sell the crypt after fans worldwide demanded that it be kept as a shrine to his memory.<br />Julien's Auctions announced in May that it would sell the empty tomb at the Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Tenn., at its "Music Icons" auction this weekend. Julien said the company won't sell the crypt "until Forest Hills finds a plan that best suits the interests of the fans while respecting and preserving the memory of Elvis Presley."<br />Presley was interred there alongside his mother, Gladys, after he died Aug. 16, 1977. Two months later, they were reburied at his Graceland home. The original crypt has remained empty ever since.
    <br />Elvis Presley Crypt Pulled From Auction After Fan Uproar - The Hollywood Reporter
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    on 1338384125:
    <br />The first line - "Elvis fans can die happy ... literally ... "  - I wonder if that could mean long time Elvis-is-alive believers will finally find out that he's alive.<br /><br />I like the MJ "Thriller" reference too.<br />
    <br /><br /> :th_bravo:
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    on 1340601147:
    <br /><br />
    Elvis Presley Crypt Pulled From Auction After Fan Uproar   <br />3:58 PM PDT 6/24/2012 by The Associated Press<br /><br />Fans had demanded that the empty tomb be kept as a shrine to the King of Rock 'n' Roll's memory.  Elvis Presley's crypt has left the auction block.<br />Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien said his company has agreed not to sell the crypt after fans worldwide demanded that it be kept as a shrine to his memory.<br />Julien's Auctions announced in May that it would sell the empty tomb at the Forest Hill Cemetery in Memphis, Tenn., at its "Music Icons" auction this weekend. Julien said the company won't sell the crypt "until Forest Hills finds a plan that best suits the interests of the fans while respecting and preserving the memory of Elvis Presley."<br />Presley was interred there alongside his mother, Gladys, after he died Aug. 16, 1977. Two months later, they were reburied at his Graceland home. The original crypt has remained empty ever since.
    <br />Elvis Presley Crypt Pulled From Auction After Fan Uproar - The Hollywood Reporter<br />
    <br /><br />
    zombie001.gif  :thjajaja121:
    <br />
    :icon_bounce:  :elvis-1405: [size=14pt]♫ ♪ "Cause This Is Thriller.... ♫ Thrillerrrrr NIGHT.... ♫ ♪ [/size]  :woohoo2:  :michael_jackson-1135:
    <br /><br /><br /><br />Article posted on the 24th!! surely to hint at MJ's 3-year "death" anniversary! ;) OMG! I love this HOAX!! MJ & Elvis pls BAM together!  :bowdown: :bowdown: