Chris Brown Talks Ancient Aliens, Michael Jackson, & His Legacy

everlastinglove_MJeverlastinglove_MJ Posts: 2,884
[size=10pt]Chris Brown Talks Ancient Aliens, Michael Jackson, & His Legacy <br /><br />With two weeks to go before his album Fortune drops, Chris Brown granted a rare interview to Fuse. He discussed how “ancient aliens” inspired the cover artwork, some of his collaborators including Nas and Diplo, pioneering a new concept for iTunes, and dealing with the changing music industry, while throwing in some expletives to get his point across.<br /><br />During the sit-down with Esteban, Breezy also reminisced about performing “Thriller” for his idol Michael Jackson and a collaboration that was in the works. Plus, find out what legacy he hopes to leave behind.<br /><br />On his album artwork: “You can see on the album cover, it’s like a code. That’s an encryption for my fans. I wanted to do something different because I’m into ancient aliens. I like being stuff that’s other than what everybody expects. … When they look in the booklet, they’ll see the different code. Some of it says I love Team Breezy or it’ll say certain things directed to them and they’ll know it if they break the code.”<br /><br />On what Fortune means: “I wanted Fortune to be the blessing of having it. It’s not money, wealth for me. It’s basically the blessing of being able to do it. I’m fortunate to do it. I want everything to be top notch.”<br /><br />On his “rarities and B-sides” concept: “I have a gang of records, so what I do is I give ‘em to iTunes. Instead of releasing it free, for a lesser price you get it. It gives the artist a chance to get the exposure that they need. … Instead of going through the label riff-raff and all the bull, let’s split the royalty and do it like this so we both get paid. The industry is so broke that it’s starting to kill our creative side.”<br /><br />On the shifts in the music industry: “I started when they had the $600,000, $800,000 video budgets. My ‘Run It!’ video was around that. Now you get it where people are like, ‘We got $50,000.’ It’s really killing us in a sense because nobody believes in the brand anymore. If we don’t do it, who gon’ do it? So I’m like f**k it, I’ma do it myself.”<br /><br />On performing for and meeting Michael Jackson: “That was probably one of the greatest moments in my career ’cause I got a chance to perform for him. People loved the performance. I went backstage and met him. He said hi to my mom. He was respectful. It was just one of those great times in my life.”<br /><br />On a collaboration with the King of Pop: “Me and him had talked countless times through our people. We were working on records and we were working on some stuff. But God has other plans.”<br /><br />On following in MJ’s footsteps: “My legacy is not to be Michael Jackson, but to just be me. … I want to make him proud. I don’t want to make it an effort to copy because I hate clones, so I don’t want to be a clone.”[/size]<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br />
http://www.rap-up.com/2012/06/18/chris-brown-talks-ancient-aliens-michael-jackson-his-legacy/<br /><br />
[size=12pt]… I want to make him proud [/size]
<br /><br />How can you make someone proud when he's "dead"?? ;D<br /><br />L.O.V.E.

Comments

• I keep on saying that Black Hollywood singers are aware of Michael being alive.
  • I think it is possible to make someone "proud" if they're dead. Michael JORDAN dedicated an NBA championship to his father, who was brutally murdered. He won the championship on father's day. His father was with him the first 3 championships he won, so I'm sure he knew exactly how his father woud've felt if he was alive with him when he won his other 3.<br /><br />But in matters of Chris Brown (i dont have an opinion whether knows that MJ is alive), if he wants to make MJ proud, stop acting like a complete ass in public and on twitter. He is soooo talented, and comes off likeable. But that tempter and his ego overshadows his talent. Which is very sad.
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    I know it sounds immature, but he is just doing what his mentor expects him to. The good thing about Chris is he blows off immediately and then continues living happily till someone else tickles him again. You never have to wonder with him, as he is an open book. <br /><br />Of course everyone does not need to think like me, this is just my opinion. I am so proud of Chris' talent and how he has managed to rebuild his image with just his hard work and him being nice to his peers. If he wasn't a nice person, he would never have had so many collaborations in the last few years, and they all really love him.<br /><br />When TMZ recently made up some lies about him, he blasted them and told them they had done the same to Mike.<br /><br />
    In his tweets, Brown wrote: “It upsets u that I’m not this hoodlum, ­enraged, young black man you wanna ­portray me as. They did it to Mike.. I can handle it! #imdone.”<br /><br />"TMZ y'all full of sh*t!!! It's insane how your stories are not informative at all and far from fuc*ing facts!," said Brown. "It’s really sad!"<br /><br />"All y’all in that office sit behind a desk and hide behind ur lives by trying to tarnish others! Good game!," said Brown.<br /><br />
    <br /><br />That reminds me about the ASSumptions that @Front keeps talking about.<br /><br />Here is another pig headed article<br /><br />
    Never one to shy away from self-promotion, Chris Brown has released a trailer for the album, but having apparently adapted his hero Michael Jackson’s tendency for nonsensical, science-fictiony, mildly messianic music videos, the commercial is a doozy. (At least it’s only one minute long—MJ’s more self-indulgent exercises tended towards the double-digits.)<br /><br />Watch the Crazy Trailer for Chris Brown's "Fortune" Album - Popdust<br /><br />
    <br /><br />The tabloids never stop, so if Chris wants to let him give it to them.
  • on 1340289167:
    <br />I keep on saying that Black Hollywood singers are aware of Michael being alive.<br />
    <br /><br />agree 100%<br /><br />here are some i think about often..<br /><br />prince, akon, lenny, chris brown, chris tucker (not a singer, i know) Ne Yo, Teddy Riley (obviously) <br /><br />and im gonna say it because i can't resist.... 2pac..<br /><br />just a few who come to mind right at this minute. when i think of more i'll put them down.<br /><br /><br />
  • on 1340364391:
    <br />
    on 1340289167:
    <br />I keep on saying that Black Hollywood singers are aware of Michael being alive.<br />
    <br /><br />agree 100%<br /><br />here are some i think about often..<br /><br />prince, akon, lenny, chris brown, chris tucker (not a singer, i know) Ne Yo, Teddy Riley (obviously) <br /><br />and im gonna say it because i can't resist.... 2pac..<br /><br />just a few who come to mind right at this minute. when i think of more i'll put them down.<br />
    <br /><br />Will.i.am, not sure tho
  • @Loveneedsexpression: I agree that you can make someone proud if this person is dead. My grandmother was/is very special to me, I miss her and I'm still thinking at some moments: "she'd be proud of me". <br />Though, in this hoax situation we might think that CB can make MJ proud live instead of in spirit :icon_e_wink:  <br /><br />L.O.V.E.
  • @Simalves, thank you for your thoughts. That Chris Brown does good self promotion and gives positive interviews etc like this is definitely encouragable. He's talented and because he's succesful and getting more and more famous he'd better be ahead of all the negative tabloid trash which will inevitably appear.<br /><br />L.O.V.E.
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    Who can ignore MJ? I think no.<br />If CB believes in the hoax, do not know.<br />Teddy Riley gave us thousands of tweets last year, fueling the hoax or at least very strange.<br />No one will say MJ is alive! as we do. It is worth mentioning Michael Jackson generates attention and is perhaps what many seek. Please do not misunderstand my words, just my opinion. blessings<br /><br />        :moonwalk_:<br /><br />                scaled.php?server=844&filename=tequieroms.jpg&res=landing
  • on 1340364391:
    <br />
    on 1340289167:
    <br /><br />agree 100%<br /><br />here are some i think about often..<br /><br />prince, akon, lenny, chris brown, chris tucker (not a singer, i know) Ne Yo, Teddy Riley (obviously) <br /><br />and im gonna say it because i can't resist.... 2pac..<br /><br />just a few who come to mind right at this minute. when i think of more i'll put them down.<br />
    <br /><br />Nicki Minaj, Usher, Beyoncé and her husband Jay Z, Fat Joe (who mention Dirty Diana in one of his songs) I recall by now.
  • Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to CB. He's down with the illuminati now. Google "black pyramid chris brown". Or "Illuminati chris brown". I think he's so new the gang hes doesnt understand that MJ is the enemy. <br /><br />Instagram<br /><br />^a pic posted to his real instagram
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    No dancer since Michael Jackson has given me those 'chills that indicate greatness' other than Chris Brown.  From the second you see him, you can't help but share his energy and be inspired, no matter what you're doing, to get up and dance!  <br /><br />On other threads, we've discussed how much Michael is interwoven into his music.  Case in point, the latest 'Turn up the music' which has so many elements of Smooth Criminal among other songs of Michael's.  <br /><br />Chris Brown - Turn Up The Music - YouTube<br /><br />Phew....out of breath.  Just had to dance for a bit.  In any case, here's an article about the release of Fortune, refered to in his interview.<br /><br />http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/06/21/chris-brown-fortune-album-art-cover-pics/<br /><br />Note the 'ancient alien' symbols on the cover.  (Sorry, just spent 20 minutes trying to cut and paste, but could not!)... so reminiscent of the symbols Michael used in TII, as well as the iridescent blue.<br /><br />IMO, MOST of Hollywood and the music and media industry are aware that Michael is alive.  But whether they are a part of the hoax, merely aware of it, or a victim of it.....I'm not so sure.  But I'm SURE that CB is part of the hoax and may be a kind of 'stand in' for MJ, as is suggested by this video called 12 Strands - Matrix in which he fights off masked papparazi NEO style and keeps repeating 'I just wanna live'.  Obvious, I know.<br /><br />Chris Brown - 12 Strands: Matrix [Mini-Movie] - YouTube<br /><br />Oh, and about those 12 STRANDS..... some (including Barbara Marciniak) suggest that Ancient Aliens disconnected some of our DNA strands so that we've been running on (nearly) empty for quite some time.  What would it be like - feel like - if we were reconnected once again.  This isn't the first CB video where mention is made of 12 Strands, so it HAS to be significant.<br /><br /> <br />
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    on 1340375731:
    <br />Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to CB. He's down with the illuminati now. Google "black pyramid chris brown". Or "Illuminati chris brown". I think he's so new the gang hes doesnt understand that MJ is the enemy. <br /><br />Instagram<br /><br />^a pic posted to his real instagram<br />
    <br /><br />Aren't illuminati pyramids flat at the bottom, and they are always right side up. Turning the pyramid is actually dissing them.<br /><br />I have watched Chris a lot, he does not do the hand signs. If you want to know if he is on the good side or not, think about all the shit he has to deal with each time.<br /><br />He gave a good performance on the Grammy's - they tried to throw him in jail saying he stole a phone<br />His album is due out July 3rd - they tried to implicate him in a bar brawl.<br /><br />He is really trying to outdo them, matrix style and so far he is just getting by, while putting out his music, directing, painting, etc. The guy is awesome and only by working hard and avoiding sticky situations has he got back his name. He is not friends with the string pullers, instead he spends time with new artists who are not yet controlled by the kingpins. <br /><br />His interviews too, he talks a lot against the higher ups and now he has decided that he is no longer going to shelve all the songs he creates if they don't go an album. He thinks that new producers, djs, etc need to be heard. So if he has a collab, he is releasing it to itunes under a "B sides and rarities" group so that the artist and he split the proceeds and management is not involved. I think he is very brave for doing this and it reminds me of MJ's battle to break free too.
  • I respect your opinion, but disagree. I dont think he first came into the industry in the illuminati, but after assaulting the "Illuminati Princess" (which is blatantly dispalyed in "S&M") his career is as big as ever, if not bigger than before. He's been a complete ass whole about the entire situation, yet his career is thriving. Rihanna has NO talent, and is a giant superstar. CB has TONs of talent, but blew up his career in 09, and now is a giant superstar again. Watch the "Don't wake me up" video. That SCREAMS AND HOLLERS mind control. Watch the video with Fat Joe ft CB. They're performing in front of a pyramid. I cant ignore that. It took me yrs to see the MJ illuminati connections, I wont be fooled again.
  • another black pryamid reference<br /><br />Instagram