Conrad Murray - I wish I had testified...

hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Michael Jackson: Conrad Murray wishes he'd testified, lawyer says - latimes.com<br /><br />6a00d8341c630a53ef0162fd15f13f970d-640wi<br /><br />L.A. NOW<br />SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA -- THIS JUST IN<br />« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »<br />Michael Jackson: Conrad Murray wishes he'd testified, lawyer says<br />June 25, 2012 | 12:38 pm<br /> <br /><br />26 <br />6<br /><br /><br />On the third anniversary Monday of Michael Jackson's death, Dr. Conrad Murray -- who is serving four years in jail for his role in the singer's death -- wishes he had testified during his trial, his appeals attorney said.<br /><br />Jackson's personal physician has spent seven months in the Los Angeles County jail since his involuntary manslaughter conviction last November.<br /><br />As Jackson stopped breathing and suffered cardiac arrest under the influence of the surgical anesthetic propofol, jurors were told, Murray chatted on the phone and sent and received email and text messages.<br /><br />And in the crucial moments after he discovered the singer had stopped breathing, he delayed calling for help and lied to paramedics and emergency doctors, witnesses said.<br /><br />Murray never took the witness stand to proclaim his innocence.<br /><br />"He wishes he testified. He absolutely wishes he testified," said attorney Valerie Wass, who is handling Murray's appeal of his conviction. "Ed Chernoff [Murray''s attorney] was pretty adamant that he not testify, Mr. [J. Michael] Flanagan [his other attorney] thought he should testify. So he never testified."<br />Wass said Murray maintains his innocence and is continuing to appeal. Murray has insisted that Jackson sought out and obtained propofol as a sleep aid long before Murray became his physician.<br /><br />During the trial, his lawyers argued, it was Jackson who was ultimately responsible for his own death.<br /><br />Wass, who visited Murray on Monday, noted that jurors were allowed access to smartphones and social media during the trial and were never sequestered.<br /><br />"You don't go on Twitter without seeing something about Michael Jackson and the trial," she said. "I learned of Michael Jackson's death from Twitter."  :WTF:<br /><br />Judge Michael Pastor in sentencing Murray called him a "disgrace to the medical profession."<br /><br />“Michael Jackson died not because of an isolated one-off occurrence or incident,"  Pastor said. "He died because of a totality of circumstances which are directly attributable to Dr. Murray, not some mistake or some accident in the early morning hours of 2009."<br /><br />He said Murray engaged in a "horrible cycle of medicine."<br /><br />During the four-week trial, prosecutors painted Murray as a deceptive and incompetent doctor who abandoned his medical judgment in complying with Jackson's request to be given a surgical anesthetic to put him to sleep.<br /><br />Witnesses testified to many egregious medical missteps -– giving propofol in an unmonitored setting, fumbling at basic resuscitation, keeping no records –- failures that experts said directly led to Jackson's overdose death.<br /><br />While in jail, Murray has complained of unsanitary conditions but has also taken to trying to educate his fellow inmates. Murray is expected to serve several more months in jail but nowhere near the four-year sentence.<br /><br />RELATED:<br /><br />Jackson family: Murray sentence should be warning to doctors<br /><br />DA: Conrad Murray played ‘Russian roulette’ with Jackson’s life<br /><br />Michael Jackson's children to stamp sequined glove at Grauman's<br /><br />-- Richard Winton<br /><br />Photo: Dr. Conrad Murray listens as Judge Michael Pastor sentences him to four years behind bars for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. The image is a screen grab from pool video in Los Angeles. Credit: Pool

Comments

• Well, Conrad Murray is in jail because of the way he treated the person who died in Michae Jackson's place. I do believe Michael Jackson is alive and that someone else died that day in the place of Michael Jackson.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I believe Conrad is somewhere chillin.  Until I see some real documented footage of him in jail, jumpsuit and all, I just don’t believe the hype.  Could be wrong, but then so could a whole hell of a lot of other stuff be also.
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    To appeal the evidence must be presented again? or simply review the case?<br />From the beginning I thought of Murray as a scapegoat and there is much more behind him, in case of murder and if so who died? I keep thinking .. :WTF:<br /><br /><br /><br />              scaled.php?server=844&filename=tequieroms.jpg&res=landing
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I don't think anyone died.
  • Wass, who visited Murray on Monday, noted that jurors were allowed access to smartphones and social media during the trial and were never sequestered.<br /><br />"You don't go on Twitter without seeing something about Michael Jackson and the trial," she said. "I learned of Michael Jackson's death from Twitter."   
    <br /><br />
    [size=12pt]INTERNET LAW - Does Jurors’ Access to Extraneous Information on the Internet Support a Motion for a New Trial? [/size]
    http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=2331<br /><br />Florida City man wants new trial because of filmmaker juror’s tweets - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com<br /><br />Here we go: "Conrad Murray wants new trial" ...and in this trial he will testify... :icon_cool:
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Last year they had I believe nearly 5,000 roses.  This year the goal was 7,000 which they surpassed.  What’s interesting is that there was a tweeting battle going on between a few of the MJ groups re: growers & the prices by a fan who headed this thing last year.  She claimed that the grower was ripping the fans off at $3.00 per rose with no overhead.  Last year the account on paypal was not a directly link to the vendor but used a middle man for the transactions.  So it will be interesting to see what happens next year (4 years), which is the year that matters to me.
  • YoungMackYoungMack Posts: 347
    Here we go...... Conrad is the main character... lets sit back and watch what happenes to him..... Anyone else catch in that article that ut says he is only supposed to serve SEVERAL MORE MONTHS in jail............ The prestige of this illusion is COMING SOON I promise!!!!