MICHAEL JACKSON 'This Is It' Promoters Called Jackson a 'Mess'

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
[size=18pt]MICHAEL JACKSON<br />'This Is It' Promoters <br />Called Jackson a 'Mess'[/size]<br />29 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />0717-michael-jackson-article-getty-3.jpg<br /><br />Michael Jackson was "an emotionally paralyzed mess" who was "scared to death" leading up to his planned "This Is It" concerts in 2009, this according to newly obtained emails sent by the promoters of the show. <br /><br />In the emails, obtained by the LA Times, AEG's Randy Phillips traded messages back and forth with AEG President Tim Leiweke. In one email leading up to the 2009 press conference to announce the concerts, Phillips wrote, "MJ is locked in his room drunk and despondent ... I (am) trying to sober him up." <br /><br />Phillips said Jackson was "an emotionally paralyzed mess," that Jackson was "scared to death," and that Phillips and Jackson's manager had to dress him. The press conference ended up being very brief and very strange. <br /><br />The emails were part of the discovery in an ongoing lawsuit between AEG and the insurance company that backed the tour ... which is suing to get the $17.5 million policy nullified.<br />

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• And if he was in such a mess, he definitely wouldn’t have been in the frame of mind to sit down with Branca and discuss a complex plan of business on June 17th as Branca proclaims.  Somebody is lying.  :icon_evil:  It will be interesting to find out who.  Furthermore, it is documented that Michael was not even at rehearsal on June 17th, the day he supposedly was rehearsing before meeting with Branca.  He reportedly did not even return to rehearsals until June 19th.  I have never, ever trusted AEG or Randy Phillips nor John Branca, though I will give credit to Branca for being uber slick and conniving as well as convincing. And yes, he has done some amazing things to appease the fans and win them over to his side.  Mission accomplished.  But there are too many “buts” associated with his return for me.  So I will be watching this like a hawk.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    The emails were part of the discovery in an ongoing lawsuit between AEG and the insurance company that backed the tour ... which is suing to get the $17.5 million policy nullified.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />These last months of the year we will see several demands, And this is very interesting
  • So who sold leaked the emails?
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Bunk.
  • I haven't formed a complete opinion on this whole thing concerning the estate etc and so I'm still mulling over what i'm learning so far and what I am still looking at. <br /><br />I do have some thoughts on the whole thing and I think it would be rash to think these emails are any more real than anything else. <br /><br />Michael has been advocating for himself and other artists for over decade, and it would not surprise me if he set something up to make them believe he was in ill health so they would not question much on the day he 'died' was he at the rehearsals on the 17th? how do they know he was not there? were they all at the complex and saw that he was not around? <br /><br />If he has had reservations about them, Meeting Branca might have been one of those moments of hush hush at the time and so someone could have claimed he wasn't there and made up the not being well, so he could execute his plans further. <br /><br />I question a few things, did he bring Branca back because he needed someone he trusted to take care of his affairs? did he only dismiss branca so he could investigate the wrongs of the industry and those others involved which he would not leave his estate to them to manage in his absence? <br /> <br />Following the 'informant' who witnessed Michael in these states of wellness would be probably the best start place. especially on those times it was reported he was no at the rehearsal. <br /><br />I have noticed a continuity of two time periods/realities the whole thing, and the question is, which one is real if either is real that is and which one is to be followed?<br /><br />people are in two places at one, Michael being one of those people, two different story lines. <br /><br />Maybe picking up one of those story lines and separating them and see where each of the two lead. The tricky part is actually untangling the paths and having a concrete complete story board for both, which bits connect to which path? <br /><br />There is a lot of connected people at the top of these companies, connected to the media, to other places and the ends of the lines of these places seem to be involved in some bad stuff if not negligent. <br /><br />as it says at the end of the green screen of the 10 dances "who's bad?"
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    So they are saying MJ was a mess? That doesn't ring true. If anyone was ever comfortable on a stage performing in front of millions, it is Michael. He grew up on a stage. It is second nature for him. <br />Now the key words for me in this article are "scared to death". But pinpointing exactly what he was so scared of has always been my dilema.
  • <br />The emails were part of the discovery in an ongoing lawsuit between AEG and the insurance company that backed the tour ... which is suing to get the $17.5 million policy nullified.
    <br /><br />Isn't AEG also in a wrongful death suit with the Jacksons? This should help the Jacksons, shouldn't it? <br /><br />I also like how the say they were discovered...why would AEG keep such proof MJ was in bad shape when they've been saying all along he was great?!<br /><br />All lies!
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Yes, remember Jermaine saying the MJ in the wheelchair pic was MJ deliberately pulling the Willy Wonka trick--pretending to be injured with a cane, and at the last second somersaulting to the audience's cheers.
  • I don't believe Michael was a mess. But I do believe he was capable of missleading Randy Phillips to think he was a mess.<br />BTW - there's something about that man that I just don't like at all.
  • Phillips said Jackson was "an emotionally paralyzed mess," that Jackson was "scared to death," and that Phillips and Jackson's manager had to dress him. The press conference ended up being very brief and very strange. <br /><br /><br />He is talking about the TII Press Conference announcement in March 2009.  Its not the first time I've heard the story Michael was drunk...That's how they explained the delay and why he had a fall..(the black on his hands)<br /><br />I read somewhere that Michael was really scared of the reaction he would get announcing another concert tour.  He wasn't sure whether the fans would still support him after the 2005 allegations.  He had been in hiding for four years and was so afraid of rejection and failure.<br /><br />I will clarify, this is what I have read...not my opinion. <br /><br /><br />[size=12pt]Michael Jackson 'was drunk' at This Is It comeback announcement<br />Lawyers for Dr Conrad Murray have alleged Michael Jackson was drunk at the announcement of his This Is It tour in London.[/size]<br /><br />9:11AM BST 27 Sep 2011<br /><br /><br />Michael Jackson's news conference started 90 minutes late because the singer was unconscious backstage, Dr Murray's defence team have told a judge.<br />The claim comes as the Houston cardiologist is due to stand trial for involuntary manslaughter.<br />Dr Murray, 58, had been hired by Jackson six weeks before his death to act as his personal doctor while he rehearsed for his 50-night This Is It comeback tour.<br />His lawyers claim to have video taken backstage at the news conference in March 2009 in which it is "readily apparent" that Jackson "was under the influence".<br />However, the judge presiding over the trial has ruled against the footage being shown in court, deeming it irrelevant because it occurred months before Jackson died.<br /><br />http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/8791088/Michael-Jackson-was-drunk-at-This-Is-It-comeback-announcement.html<br /><br />
  • Mmh ... two versions:<br /><br />a) he was held unconcious by handlers<br />b) it wasn't Michael Jackson after all  <br /><br /> ;D
  • on 1346661406:
    <br />Mmh ... two versions:<br /><br />a) he was held unconcious by handlers<br />b) it wasn't Michael Jackson after all  <br /><br /> ;D<br />
    <br /><br /><br />Let's not forget that the siblings have supported the "Drug Addict" theory.  Why??  To make it more plausible and beLIEvable<br /><br /> />
  • I don't remember where I read that or see that (maybe in a hoax video) but doesn't one of his musician and friend died just before the O2 announcement and MJ learn that just before going on stage to do the announcement? If it's true, I would be a real mess too if I learn that a good friend of mine died...
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
        :(            <br /><br /> <br />Is better  I not say anything..... :(
  • Interesting new development of old story.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Interesting similarities to the 30th anniversary concert of MJ's in Madison Square Gardens in 2001.<br />Frank Cascio is quoted by TMZ:<br /><br />http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/13/michael-jackson-book-frank-cascio/<br />
    Michael Jackson took Propofol as early as 1999, a former manager claims in a new book -- and says Jackson was late to his 30th anniversary concerts because he was drugged up.
    <br />I remember reading elsewhere in great detail which I can't find now, how Frank had to totally bring him around to perform.  I think this is all a pack of hoax-lies, setting the stage for a long record/reputation of seeming irresponsible behaviour on his part about performing. <br /><br />Yet in this video showing MJ throughout his performance there, he is spectacular!<br /> /><br />
  • He TOOK propofol or he WAS GIVEN propofol ... ?!  :Pulling_hair: same as dept created by himself or dept created by his staff without his knowledge ...  :Pulling_hair:
  • Can I just say that even if all this is true, would you stop loving him??  <br /><br />I can only speak from my own experience here, but it all depends on the drug of choice as to whether you want to feel high or low...<br /><br />Alcohol can give you bad lows, but when you have to, it gives you more confidence and a feeling of invincibility.<br /><br />Alot of pain medication can give you a euphoric feeling even though they are supposed to make you feel drowsy and nobody would even notice unless you look into their pupils, which could remain dilated....Just my honest thoughts
  • on 1346742837:
    <br />Can I just say that even if all this is true, would you stop loving him??  <br /><br />I can only speak from my own experience here, but it all depends on the drug of choice as to whether you want to feel high or low...<br /><br />Alcohol can give you bad lows, but when you have to, it gives you more confidence and a feeling of invincibility.<br /><br />Alot of pain medication can give you a euphoric feeling even though they are supposed to make you feel drowsy and nobody would even notice unless you look into their pupils, which could remain dilated....Just my honest thoughts<br />
    <br />Of course I would not stop loving him even if  there is a chance of any of this is true .But I can't imagine Michael drunk, not in shape enough yet to sing this stuff live and dance at the same time, having  strong signs of paranoia, anxiety and obsessive-like behavior.This is too much, really ..is something really wrong here.This are lies.
  • I can imagine any adult a little drunk occasionally.  :LolLolLolLol: I just think they are over exaggerating a bit here.  Maybe Michael didn't want to rehearse that day and they tried to strong arm him.  Not gonna happen.  Michael from what I've heard could be stubborn when he wanted to. Maybe he just wasn't feeling it that day and they got angry.
  • This is an extract from Jermaines book....<br /><br />"When my brother took to the 'This Is It" podium to make his comeback announcement in London, I knew, watching in LA, that he was teasing 'the final curtain', but also that something wasn't quite right with him. His demeanor and lateness also caused comment in the press. <br /><br />Earlier that same day Michael had learned that his dear friend and guitar player David Williams had died. He was shattered. David was an integral part of his signature sound, especially that guitar lick on 'Billie Jean'; he was one of those rare guitarists who can just lock into a groove. If Michael could hum it, David could play it. Perfectly. He was like keyboardist and musical director Brad Buxer, drummer Jonathan Moffett and audio engineer Michael Prince: my brother simply could not imagine doing a tour without him. Yet now he had to walk out on stage and announce his comeback, knowing David was gone. As ever, he was the consummate professional. He pulled himself together and put on his show face for five brave minutes: he walked out as the overexcited performer, said his piece, saluted the fans and left with a wave. However, he broke down in tears when he returned to his suite."<br /><br />- Jermaine Jackson, You Are Not Alone MICHAEL Through A Brother's Eyes
  • on 1346764565:
    <br />This is an extract from Jermaines book....<br /><br />"When my brother took to the 'This Is It" podium to make his comeback announcement in London, I knew, watching in LA, that he was teasing 'the final curtain', but also that something wasn't quite right with him. His demeanor and lateness also caused comment in the press. <br /><br />Earlier that same day Michael had learned that his dear friend and guitar player David Williams had died. He was shattered. David was an integral part of his signature sound, especially that guitar lick on 'Billie Jean'; he was one of those rare guitarists who can just lock into a groove. If Michael could hum it, David could play it. Perfectly. He was like keyboardist and musical director Brad Buxer, drummer Jonathan Moffett and audio engineer Michael Prince: my brother simply could not imagine doing a tour without him. Yet now he had to walk out on stage and announce his comeback, knowing David was gone. As ever, he was the consummate professional. He pulled himself together and put on his show face for five brave minutes: he walked out as the overexcited performer, said his piece, saluted the fans and left with a wave. However, he broke down in tears when he returned to his suite."<br /><br />- Jermaine Jackson, You Are Not Alone MICHAEL Through A Brother's Eyes<br />
    <br /><br /><br />humm well i don't think in the beginning anything was being said by randy about anything  of this nature. but if it did happen for some other reason jermaine has just given them an excuse to say oh we misunderstood what was happening.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    "drunk and despondent ", One who says this TMZ or Randy Phillips, one thing is to be sad and depressed by the death of a friend and  another being drunk.
  • on 1346764565:
    <br />This is an extract from Jermaines book....<br /><br />"When my brother took to the 'This Is It" podium to make his comeback announcement in London, I knew, watching in LA, that he was teasing 'the final curtain', but also that something wasn't quite right with him. His demeanor and lateness also caused comment in the press. <br /><br />Earlier that same day Michael had learned that his dear friend and guitar player David Williams had died. He was shattered. David was an integral part of his signature sound, especially that guitar lick on 'Billie Jean'; he was one of those rare guitarists who can just lock into a groove. If Michael could hum it, David could play it. Perfectly. He was like keyboardist and musical director Brad Buxer, drummer Jonathan Moffett and audio engineer Michael Prince: my brother simply could not imagine doing a tour without him. Yet now he had to walk out on stage and announce his comeback, knowing David was gone. As ever, he was the consummate professional. He pulled himself together and put on his show face for five brave minutes: he walked out as the overexcited performer, said his piece, saluted the fans and left with a wave. However, he broke down in tears when he returned to his suite."<br /><br />- Jermaine Jackson, You Are Not Alone MICHAEL Through A Brother's Eyes<br />
    <br /><br /><br />YESS!! That's where I read it :) thanks :D
  • And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't even have the compassion to ask him what was wrong and just "assumed" he was as they described him. Looking for the worse and faricating it to fit their agendas.  If there is a trial, certainly this information can be used to show how quick they were to jump to conclusions and not even consider Michael as a human being with human emotions just like everybody else or moreso than most.  :Crash: