Back cover of Bad 25

/>Please let me know what you all make of this!

Comments

• diggyondiggyon Posts: 1,376
    <br /><br />Here it is :)<br /><br />Wow, that was unbelievable! Never thought that the back cover is a totally now photo. A photo shoot seems to have taken place, no doubt. So it's either an impersonator or Michael himself. Anyway,  :th_bravo: Mr. Jackson. That was an awesome clue, but still, some would think it might be an impersonator!
  • Why does it say its private, I just watched it on you tube!!!!
  • OMG its private now on you tube. Well on the back of the dvd there is a guy wearing a RTL Cap on the bottom of the photo to the right of Michael. On the original pic, he is not there. If someone can find this pic and post it next to the one on the back cover of the dvd would be much appreciated. RTL was the makers of the coroner van re enactment!!!!
    Information released too soon may be :icon_e_wink:
  • I was thinking more along the lines of the guy in the cap was photoshopped onto the pic, as he is<br />not in the original pic.
  • MaryKMaryK Posts: 1,732
    So I made a quick pic comparison with the original pic and the back of my BAD25.<br />Forgive my crappy work on the montage, I was doing it fast  :icon_lol:<br /><br />The guy wears a RTL shirt. <br /><br />Left: Back of BAD25 Right: Original pic<br /><br /><br />bad25cover.jpg
  • Great catch...it does look like the RTL cap was photoshopped in to the BAD25 cover.<br /><br />The original pic is somewhat cut-off at the guy's elbow (the one holding the cam)...but still, in the BAD25 version, the top of the RTL cap extends well above the guy's elbow...so even just the top part should be visible if it was in the original pic.    <br /><br />Interesting indeed.<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    I don´t think it´s a cap. I think it´s a person in a RTL shirt, head not really clearly visible
  • @Mary...yup, you're right...I just pulled out my BAD25 DVD to take a better look.  The back of the head is somewhat visible on the actual cover.<br /><br />Strange pic...I wonder what other goodies are sprinkled in BAD25 lol<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    Did anyone see that RTL guy in the Wembley vid?<br /><br />I haven´t watched it yet...
  • SimPattyKSimPattyK Posts: 4,281
    on 1348663339:
    <br />So I made a quick pic comparison with the original pic and the back of my BAD25.<br />Forgive my crappy work on the montage, I was doing it fast  :icon_lol:<br /><br />The guy wears a RTL shirt. <br /><br />Left: Back of BAD25 Right: Original pic<br /><br /><br />bad25cover.jpg<br />
    <br /><br />Interesting. Though I am not able to see the video.<br /><br /><br />I've been thinking... and it's possible that the person who was taking photos from behind Michael, took several shots one after another. You know those kind of profi cameras that can take a number of quick shots per minute. <br /><br />Maybe what we have here are in fact 2 separate photos taken at a few seconds distance in time, that's why they look as if it's just one photo. <br />Probably the "original pic" was taken first, while the RTL-guy was leaning or in a position that made him not visible in this 1st shot. <br />Then in the next shot, taken few seconds later, he just stood up or moved in such a way that he can be seen in this other photo on the back of the BAD25 album.<br />It would be interesting to find out other differences between the 2 pics! If we can find the differences, then it's clear that there are 2 separate pics of the same instant.<br />If we cannot find other differences and the photos are identical except for the RTL detail, then it's possible that the RTL-pic was photoshopped, most probably for hoax purpose, because otherwise I can't see why they would place a photoshopped pic on that DVD.<br />So we need someone with a good eye to spot any differences or ... maybe the RTL-guy shows up in the actual film on the DVD?
    True what you say Sim!<br /><br />In the original pic the second security guy with the reflective jacket is missing. <br /><br />But I wonder: for how long did Michael remain in that pose? Enough time for the security guy to move out of the pic and the RTL guy to move into the pic?<br /><br />Or is it just a slight difference in perspective, field of view?<br /><br />I am not sure. <br /><br />But then again: position of the arms of the people in the audience seem to be exactly the same in both pics. <br /><br />
  • no offence guys but you are looking into this way too much<br /><br />its clear that its the exact same picture, its just that the original one is cropped. if you look at where the top of the RTL shirt is on bad 25, you can see that its just in line with the forearm of the cameraman. that is where the bottom of the original photo cuts off.<br /><br />IOW, the rtl guy was there in both pictures, which was obviously of larger size including more detail, and in the original picture they cut it just above the RTL shirt, whereas in the bad 25 picture they have left it undoctored.<br /><br />again, there is nothing suspicious here
  • just realised a better way to explain, look at where the buckles of michaels trousers go horizontal in the bad 25 picture, that is the bottom of the original image. the rtl shirt is below this line. that shows that it was in the original pic but just below where they cut it off.
  • flory24flory24 Posts: 129
    the RTL-guy doesn`t shows up in the actual film on the DVD.<br />
    on 1348666181:
    <br />True what you say Sim!<br /><br />In the original pic the second security guy with the reflective jacket is missing. <br /><br />But I wonder: for how long did Michael remain in that pose? Enough time for the security guy to move out of the pic and the RTL guy to move into the pic?<br /><br />Or is it just a slight difference in perspective, field of view?<br /><br />I am not sure. <br /><br />But then again: position of the arms of the people in the audience seem to be exactly the same in both pics.<br />
    <br /><br />I totally agree, MaryK. Arm positions are the same. As I always say> Photoshop can do miracles. I even call it "Photoshop, the Great"  :LolLolLolLol:<br />But may be we should take this one step further. What is the purpose for two pics with such a difference?
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Whether the guy was there or if he was photoshopped in, what I find interesting is that apart from MJ and the cameraman, the only other distinct person in the pic is the RTL guy.
    on 1348670332:
    <br />
    on 1348666181:
    <br />True what you say Sim!<br /><br />In the original pic the second security guy with the reflective jacket is missing. <br /><br />But I wonder: for how long did Michael remain in that pose? Enough time for the security guy to move out of the pic and the RTL guy to move into the pic?<br /><br />Or is it just a slight difference in perspective, field of view?<br /><br />I am not sure. <br /><br />But then again: position of the arms of the people in the audience seem to be exactly the same in both pics.<br />
    <br /><br />I totally agree, MaryK. Arm positions are the same. As I always say> Photoshop can do miracles. I even call it "Photoshop, the Great"  :LolLolLolLol:<br />But may be we should take this one step further. What is the purpose for two pics with such a difference?<br />
    <br /><br />Actually, after I looked at it again, I agree with 17AdMiBa.<br /><br />Might just be a different field of view. <br /><br />I wrote an email to RTL, asking them if they were on site at Wembley and if so, if there was any report or footage of that.<br /><br />I received the following answer:<br /><br />
    Hallo,<br /><br />vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.<br /><br />Aus Gründen der Aktualität wird unser Programm- und Nachrichtenarchiv regelmäßig überarbeitet, so dass Informationen zu Sendungen, die oftmals mehrere Jahre zurückliegen, nicht mehr abrufbar sind. Auch sind Sendungen aus unserem Sendearchiv nicht für Zuschauer erhältlich.<br /><br />Wir bedauern, Ihnen nicht mehr weiterhelfen zu können, wünschen Ihnen jedoch auch in Zukunft gute Unterhaltung mit dem Programm von RTL.<br /><br />Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Köln<br /><br /><br />Robert Fey <br />Redakteur <br />Zuschauerservice<br /><br />RTL Television GmbH <br />D- 50570 Köln <br />Homepage: www.rtl.de/zuschauerservice<br /><br />
    <br /><br />Translation:<br /><br />Hello,<br /><br />thank you for your email. <br /><br />For reasons of currentness our program and news archive is being revised on a regular basis, so that informations to broadcasts, often from years ago, are no longer retrievable.<br />Also broadcasts from our archive are not available for viewers. <br />We regret that we have not been able to help you anymore but we wish you good entertainment with the program of RTL in the future. <br /><br />With sincere regards from Köln<br /><br /> :LolLolLolLol:<br /><br />Of course....<br />I expected something like that  :icon_e_wink:  :icon_lol:<br /><br />And Andrea, I also agree with you!<br /><br /><br />
  • IMO the only logical explanation of why the RTL guy isn't there on the original pic, is that when the photo was taken they didn't want to make an advertisement for RTL so they cut the guy off... what have changed then to re-put he guy in the photo now? Well...maybe RTL is one of the album/hoax sponsors which is quite possible with the whole van video...?<br />Anyway, the story is quite weird and I rly have the impession that we've seen this pattern of adding things without any specific reason many times before (different lyrics for Will you be there during the memorial etc...). So I guess it's just an other wink from MJ to let us know that he's watching lol :)
    on 1348672178:
    <br /> IMO the only logical explanation of why the RTL guy isn't there on the original pic, is that when the photo was taken they didn't want to make an advertisement for RTL so they cut the guy off... what have changed then to re-put he guy in the photo now? Well...maybe RTL is one of the album/hoax sponsors which is quite possible with the whole van video...?<br />Anyway, the story is quite weird and I rly have the impession that we've seen this pattern of adding things without any specific reason many times before (different lyrics for Will you be there during the memorial etc...). So I guess it's just an other wink from MJ to let us know that he's watching lol :)<br />
    <br /><br />Makes sense to me! So may be we should keep an eye on RTL for the coming future! The plot thickens!!!
  • To me the photo on the right seems photoshopped; it doe shave some effects to it. Maybe they took him out initially cause he stands out, and now they just posted the original photo.<br />It's interesting to watch the video footage to look for him.<br /><br />Also, wasn;t RTL the ones who claimed they did the fake Coroners' van film back in 2009?
  • flory24flory24 Posts: 129
    on 1348674773:
    <br />It's interesting to watch the video footage to look for him.<br />
    <br /><br />the RTL-guy doesn`t shows up in the whole Wembley concert..i was looking twice at that DVD...and that guy isn`t there...
  • ellydellyd Posts: 220
    RTL, première radio de France, est partenaire de BAD 25.
    <br />http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordpress/2012/08/20/rtl-partenaire-de-bad-25/<br /><br />"RTL, first radio of France, is partner of BAD 25."<br /><br />
    RTL, partenaire de la réédition de cet album
    <br />http://www.rtl.fr/actualites/culture-loisirs/musique/article/exclusivite-rtl-decouvrez-des-extraits-video-du-live-de-michael-jackson-a-wembley-en-1988-7752258760<br /><br />"RTL, partner of the re-edition of this album"<br /><br /><br />Price Of Fame (RTL Version) <br />http://soundcloud.com/pipopcablog/mjpof<br /><br /><br /><br />They might want to have some (subtle) marketing gain from it.
  • I don't know much about RTL...so this may be nothing but I just did a quick search on them and found this on Wiki:<br /><br />
    <br />The RTL Group started in 1931 as CLR or Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Radiodiffusion which operated Radio Luxembourg. CLR was one of 23 founding broadcasting organisations of the European Broadcasting Union in 1950. The RTL Group is still an EBU-member under a previous name: CLT Multi Media. In 1954 it was renamed CLT or Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Télédiffusion and started television broadcasts. In 1997 it merged with Hamburg-based UFA Film- und Fernseh-GmbH (not to be confused with pre 1945 UFA) to create CLT-UFA. [size=18pt]In 2000 it merged with Pearson TV and became RTL Group, which also allowed it to enter the American broadcast market[/size]. As of December 2011, Bertelsmann owns 92.3% of the company.<br />
    <br />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTL_Group<br /><br />Along the righthand-side of Wiki, it also states that the division known as 'RTL' was founded in 2000.  If true (i.e. if prior to 2000, it was not known as or 'marketed' as RTL), then that raises some questions as to how/why it's in the Wembley DVD pic lol.  Does anyone know more about RTL's history and/or if any 'RTL' logos were present prior to the year 2000?  Or perhaps this is a different RTL?  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />With L.O.V.E. always.
    All i know about RTL is that it's broadcated in German language. There is also RTL Switzerland that is broadcasted in swiss German. Among RTL channels there  is also RTL2 and Super RTL, a kid's channel that is a cooperation with Disney channel! I don't know more!