Conrad Murray looks to Calif. Supreme Court to overturn conviction

paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
edited January 1970 in Dr. Conrad Murray
Conrad Murray looks to Calif. Supreme Court to overturn conviction<br /><br />Tuesday, October 02, 2012<br /><br />LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The legal team representing Michael Jackson's former doctor, Conrad Murray, is now turning to the California Supreme Court in their fight to have his conviction overturned. <br /><br /><br />Conrad Murray has served nearly one year of his four-year sentence after being found guilty of manslaughter in Jackson's death. But his attorneys are asking the high court to allow them to test the bottle of Propofol at the heart of the trial.<br /><br />They say they can prove Murray did not mix a foreign substance with the Propofol, as prosecutors alleged.<br /><br />Meantime, Murray's lead attorney says he is *not doing well in jail.<br /><br />"There's an innocent man in this jail, serving time, being treated like a hardened criminal. We go in and see him they bring him out in chains, they chain him to a table," said Michael Flanagan, Murray's lawyer.<br /><br />Murray and his lawyers maintain Jackson himself administered the lethal dose of Propofol.<br /><br />In a statement, the district attorney's office said the proper forum for legal arguments is in the courtroom and not in the streets.<br /><br />http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8833458

Comments

• i did not think flanagan was still his lawyer?  or does he have other lawyers for something else? lost?  :-[
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    on 1349309091:
    <br />Conrad Murray looks to Calif. Supreme Court to overturn conviction<br /><br />Tuesday, October 02, 2012<br /><br />LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The legal team representing Michael Jackson's former doctor, Conrad Murray, is now turning to the California Supreme Court in their fight to have his conviction overturned. <br /><br /><br />Conrad Murray has served nearly one year of his four-year sentence after being found guilty of manslaughter in Jackson's death. But his attorneys are asking the high court to allow them to test the bottle of Propofol at the heart of the trial.<br /><br />They say they can prove Murray did not mix a foreign substance with the Propofol, as prosecutors alleged.<br /><br />Meantime, Murray's lead attorney says he is *not doing well in jail.<br /><br />"There's an innocent man in this jail, serving time, being treated like a hardened criminal. We go in and see him they bring him out in chains, they chain him to a table," said Michael Flanagan, Murray's lawyer.<br /><br />Murray and his lawyers maintain Jackson himself administered the lethal dose of Propofol.<br /><br />In a statement, the district attorney's office said the proper forum for legal arguments is in the courtroom and not in the streets.<br /><br />http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8833458<br />
    <br /><br />I'm not sure, but I think that was denied counsel's request for another test with the bottle of propofol  :WTF:
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Where they come from all these news :icon_question: :confused:
  • marumjjmarumjj Posts: 1,027
    on 1349313838:
    <br />Where they come from all these news :icon_question: :confused:<br />
    <br /><br />seek that information, can not remember at this times
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Going back to some original questions: who pays those attorneys to move on with appeal? why fingerprints not tested on those bottles? Or they did, I forgot.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Well we are to believe that Murray is flat broke so who knows if anyone is paying. Maybe they work for free. I guess journalists don't ask questions anymore, they just write what they are told and leave it at that.
  • Oh Conrad, you foolish man  :icon_geek:
  • on 1349313302:
    <br />
    on 1349309091:
    <br />Conrad Murray looks to Calif. Supreme Court to overturn conviction<br /><br />Tuesday, October 02, 2012<br /><br />LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The legal team representing Michael Jackson's former doctor, Conrad Murray, is now turning to the California Supreme Court in their fight to have his conviction overturned. <br /><br /><br />Conrad Murray has served nearly one year of his four-year sentence after being found guilty of manslaughter in Jackson's death. But his attorneys are asking the high court to allow them to test the bottle of Propofol at the heart of the trial.<br /><br />They say they can prove Murray did not mix a foreign substance with the Propofol, as prosecutors alleged.<br /><br />Meantime, Murray's lead attorney says he is *not doing well in jail.<br /><br />"There's an innocent man in this jail, serving time, being treated like a hardened criminal. We go in and see him they bring him out in chains, they chain him to a table," said Michael Flanagan, Murray's lawyer.<br /><br />Murray and his lawyers maintain Jackson himself administered the lethal dose of Propofol.<br /><br />In a statement, the district attorney's office said the proper forum for legal arguments is in the courtroom and not in the streets.<br /><br />http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8833458<br />
    <br /><br />I'm not sure, but I think that was denied counsel's request for another test with the bottle of propofol  :WTF:<br />
    yeah denied in the lower courts so they are taking it to supreme court. or at least that is what i understand
  • skywaysskyways Posts: 745
    <br />Jackson himself administered lethal doze of Prop-of-fool?)) => surely he did, indeed! by planning ALL of these Game entrance long before!!@ <br />Peace broatha" - we are on good hands)).<br /><br />P.s.  >)  glad u back @scorpio - miss u ") 
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1349330319:
    <br />Well we are to believe that Murray is flat broke so who knows if anyone is paying. Maybe they work for free. I guess journalists don't ask questions anymore, they just write what they are told and leave it at that.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />And,  as always told Mike,attention to the words of the media  :suspect: