Piers Morgan interview with Joe Jackson

LoveunitedLoveunited Posts: 370
edited January 1970 in News
Joseph is the guest tonight on Piers Morgan's program. 9 pm EST for. Those in US.

Comments

• on 1359580385:
    <br />Joseph is the guest tonight on Piers Morgan's program. 9 pm EST for. Those in US.<br />
    <br /><br />Let's see what he has to say!!.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    Very interesting...Waiying for !!!!  :icon_razz: :icon_e_wink:
  • so deiter was with joe. 
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Just a snippet:<br /><br />Joe, "They treated him (MJ) like Howard Hughes. Family couldn't get to him, like they should've."<br /><br /> /><br />(Does anyone know how to put up the videos now--it's always saying invalid link for me?)
  • wishingstarwishingstar Posts: 2,927
    Yep, he was...I am annoyed, I missed most of it....I saw about the last 10 minutes or so.  He had a couple of audio clips of Michael talking about business deals.  He wanted to buy Marvel and have all the rights to it. <br />It reminded me of the video we have seen with Michael and Stan Lee touring the studios.  Apparently, Deiter and Michael had everything in place when the second round of allegations hit....it all stopped.  Piers said<br />Disney then went on to purchase Marvel and do much of the things Michael had talked about.  Joe was the ever-present promoter at the end too......went on to promote a documentary about himself, it's coming out soon.  <br />The broad smiles Joe and Deiter had to each other at the end while Piers was wrapping up made me sort of cringe......it was the same smile I remember seeing on Joe after June 25th.  <br />Anyways...wish I could fill in more.....if I catch a video re-play, I'll try to post it.<br /><br />Blessings
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    <br />A couple things stuck out to me about the interview.  <br /><br />Piers showed the clip of Paris crying at the Memorial and asked Joseph what his reaction to that was.   Joe was kinda smiling or smirking and said "well Michael always said she was a piece of work".  Lol, what kind of reaction is that? <br /><br />Joseph had very positive things to say about Michael, I'm sure someone will upload the full thing on youtube soon then we can post it here.  The other thing I wanted to mention was Joseph said if everyone were like Michael, there would be no wars.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    The trailer for Joe's doco....<br />http://jacksondocumentary.com/Jackson_Documentary/Trailer.html<br /><br />
    Joe deserves to be honored, and to get an Oscar!<br />The best part is, we can see glimpses of MJ through him.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This is the FULL interview......open either of the links  :beerchug: <br /><br /> /><br /><br /> /><br />
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Couple of interesting points...<br />Joe:  Michael tried to make contact with me just before he died.  He was asking for me and knew that he could help him...<br /><br />Joe: "They" are trying to make Katherine and I get a divorce.. They are the people still surrounding Katherine and the kids...<br /><br />Joe seemed really pissed off at the end because he didn't get to plug his documentary....take note how he couldn't believe the interview had finished and he didn't get to promote it...He looks at Dieter in disbelief...
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the voice recording of Michael speaking at the end of this Piers interview does not sound like Michael? (starting at about 19:18) sounds too nasally or something compared to all the other interviews/recordings etc when I have heard Michael speak....<br /><br />In fact, that whole recording of MJ is odd.....his voice kind of reminded me of the voice in the "drugged recording" which Dr M supposedly recorded on his iPhone and was played during his trial...except without the drugged up sound. The  "did it my way" (reminded me of Harvey Levin singing that song ages ago on TMZ) plus the 1st line in that song "and now the end is near and so I face the [size=10pt]final curtain[/size]".....plus the bit where MJ says "[size=12pt]we [/size]don't wanna die knowing that we didn't accomplish our goals".... who is "[size=12pt]we[/size]"  :suspect:  :animal0017:<br /><br />I agree Joseph does a great job....and when he talks about Michael wanting to build a children's hospital reminded me of the piece of writing Front posted only today on HoaxBook.<br />
  • AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    on 1359609036:
    <br />The trailer for Joe's doco....<br />http://jacksondocumentary.com/Jackson_Documentary/Trailer.html<br />
    <br /><br />I just watched this trailer....looks like it may be intriguing....also notice a  "countdown clock" ( a hoax tradition for insiders...false and real  :icon_lol: ) to the release date - which, from my calculations, is April 25th 2013 (1400 days from June 25th 2009)
  • xxmjxxxxmjxx Posts: 304
    on 1359605761:
    <br /> A couple things stuck out to me about the interview.  <br /><br />Piers showed the clip of Paris crying at the Memorial and asked Joseph what his reaction to that was.  Joe was kinda smiling or smirking and said "well Michael always said she was a piece of work".  Lol, what kind of reaction is that? <br /><br />Joseph had very positive things to say about Michael, I'm sure someone will upload the full thing on youtube soon then we can post it here.  The other thing I wanted to mention was Joseph said if everyone were like Michael, there would be no wars.<br />
    .......Yes Joes reaction when asked about Paris is what stood out to me,it was  not what i expected at all.... :icon_e_surprised:....ps i dont think that recording sounds like Michael eithier xx
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    Adi:<br />
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the voice recording of Michael speaking at the end of this Piers interview does not sound like Michael? (starting at about 19:18) sounds too nasally or something compared to all the other interviews/recordings etc when I have heard Michael speak....<br />
    <br /><br /><br />I thought he sounded different as well in that recording.  Perhaps it was more his natural speaking voice, the lower register, as opposed to his "public" speaking voice.  It's also not the greatest recording, sound quality-wise.
  • on 1359639099:
    <br />Adi:<br />
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the voice recording of Michael speaking at the end of this Piers interview does not sound like Michael? (starting at about 19:18) sounds too nasally or something compared to all the other interviews/recordings etc when I have heard Michael speak....<br />
    <br /><br /><br />I thought he sounded different as well in that recording.  Perhaps it was more his natural speaking voice, the lower register, as opposed to his "public" speaking voice.  It's also not the greatest recording, sound quality-wise.<br />
    <br /><br />That was supposed to be Michael at the end  :icon_e_confused:  I thought it was someone else.  Need to take another listen.
  • um i can see the interviewer having notes for the interview, but is it common for the people who are being interviewed to have them? i have never noticed this before.
  • I know we talked about how or why a fan would call Joe in Vegas to let him know about 6/25.  During this interview when Joe mentions that Michael tried to get in touch with him before 6/25 but couldn't, I find this to be a contradiction to say the least.  A fan can reach Joe, but Michael (or Michael's bodyguards) can't reach him??? That's all I'm going to say about that...<br /><br /> When asked about the THIS IS IT shows, Joe says THE SHOWS WERE VERY IMPORTANT FOR MICHAEL, HE WAS GOING TO TAKE THAT MONEY AND BUILD A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL.  This exact subject only came up during the trial with the recording that Murray had made of Michael saying these words.  But for 3 1/2 years now, all the interviews that were done by other family members, no one said those words before.  They would say something like, MICHAEL WAS VERY EXCITED, HE WAS WORKING VERY HARD, HE HAD A FIVE YEAR PLAN, THIS IS IT BUT THIS IS NOT IT and so on... But none of the family members interviewed mentioned a children's hospital before...<br />
  • gwynnedgwynned Posts: 1,361
    on 1359605761:
    <br /> A couple things stuck out to me about the interview.  <br /><br />Piers showed the clip of Paris crying at the Memorial and asked Joseph what his reaction to that was.  Joe was kinda smiling or smirking and said "well Michael always said she was a piece of work".  Lol, what kind of reaction is that? <br /><br />Joseph had very positive things to say about Michael, I'm sure someone will upload the full thing on youtube soon then we can post it here.  The other thing I wanted to mention was Joseph said if everyone were like Michael, there would be no wars.<br />
    <br /><br />Exactly.  A grandfather smirks at his granddaughter crying on stage after her father/his son dies.  Nice guy.  :WTF:<br /><br />OR Is he giving a nod to her excellent and convincing performance and provide a clue by saying Paris is a piece of (the) work.  In other words, Michael has always said she would be a part of the hoax.  As is Joe, of course.  :thjajaja121:
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Piece of work:<br /><br />http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=piece of work&lt;br /><br />1. piece of work<br />Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.<br />Can you drive by my house this evening on your way to work? <br />Sure, I'll drive by. Do you want me to stop and pick you up when I'm driving by? <br />Of course I do. You're a real piece of work, aren't you?<br /><br />2. piece of work<br />Unaware of one's foolishness. Originates from "What a Piece of Work is Man" monologue from Hamlet. More precisely an <br />ironic reflection of how little most men achieve despite being endowed <br />with relatively enormous powers to act and reason. Generally used as a <br />sarcastic "compliment."My boss can't operate the photocopier without the assistance of half the admin staff. He's a real piece of work!<br /><br />3. piece of work<br />A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.dad: how could you end up with a $10,000 credit card bill?<br />me: let me think, I go to strip clubs every night...<br />dad: (shaking his head) you're a real piece of work.<br /><br />4. piece of work<br />a person who is both crazed and bizarre, yet charming at the same time<br />When my friend calls Shakespeare a hack trying to look like a good writer, I call her a piece of work<br /><br />5. Piece of Work A real character, a unique individual.ShaElaiza: I doubt it, Hana F! I think the challenge themes kinda intrigued her, that's all.<br />Hana Fedora: I think there's more to it..I sincerely do. You're a piece of work Sha. You're my winner in your own competition.<br /><br />6. piece of work <br />I'm not sure what it means. My boss says it all the time.<br />1) He says it about attractive women.<br />2) He says it about a retarded guy wearing a neon yellow reflective vest and riding a tricycle on the sidewalk.1) Wooo, look at her. She's a piece of work.<br />2) Look at that guy. He's a piece of work isn't he?<br /><br />7. piece of work<br /> Someone that is married to an idiotic idea, to the point of being obtuseRobert and Mitchell on DOB's Braves baseball blog are convinced that every <br />game the Braves lose if because of Bobby Cox. Man those guys are a real <br />piece of work.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    on 1359628416:
    <br />
    on 1359609036:
    <br />The trailer for Joe's doco....<br />http://jacksondocumentary.com/Jackson_Documentary/Trailer.html<br />
    <br /><br />I just watched this trailer....looks like it may be intriguing....also notice a  "countdown clock" ( a hoax tradition for insiders...false and real  :icon_lol: ) to the release date - which, from my calculations, is April 25th 2013 (1400 days from June 25th 2009)<br />
    <br /><br />Sure does look interesting. First thing I noticed was the use of Trent Reznor/ NIN song "Hurt"...Johny Cash's version....  my fav. This version was posted  on the Front thread when we were discussing Nine Inch Nails  there back in the day. What are the odds of that song being used in the doco out of all the other songs out there to choose from?  :icon_e_surprised:<br /><br />When Joe says that a fan called him about Michael being taken away in the ambulance, I think that fan was Sharon Sydney if memory serves me right. 
  • on 1359656682:
    <br />Piece of work:<br /><br />http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=piece of work&lt;br /><br />1. piece of work<br />Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.<br />Can you drive by my house this evening on your way to work? <br />Sure, I'll drive by. Do you want me to stop and pick you up when I'm driving by? <br />Of course I do. You're a real piece of work, aren't you?<br /><br />2. piece of work<br />Unaware of one's foolishness. Originates from "What a Piece of Work is Man" monologue from Hamlet. More precisely an <br />ironic reflection of how little most men achieve despite being endowed <br />with relatively enormous powers to act and reason. Generally used as a <br />sarcastic "compliment."My boss can't operate the photocopier without the assistance of half the admin staff. He's a real piece of work!<br /><br />3. piece of work<br />A person whose stupidity and ignorance never fail to amaze you.dad: how could you end up with a $10,000 credit card bill?<br />me: let me think, I go to strip clubs every night...<br />dad: (shaking his head) you're a real piece of work.<br /><br />4. piece of work<br />a person who is both crazed and bizarre, yet charming at the same time<br />When my friend calls Shakespeare a hack trying to look like a good writer, I call her a piece of work<br /><br />5. Piece of Work A real character, a unique individual.ShaElaiza: I doubt it, Hana F! I think the challenge themes kinda intrigued her, that's all.<br />Hana Fedora: I think there's more to it..I sincerely do. You're a piece of work Sha. You're my winner in your own competition.<br /><br />6. piece of work <br />I'm not sure what it means. My boss says it all the time.<br />1) He says it about attractive women.<br />2) He says it about a retarded guy wearing a neon yellow reflective vest and riding a tricycle on the sidewalk.1) Wooo, look at her. She's a piece of work.<br />2) Look at that guy. He's a piece of work isn't he?<br /><br />7. piece of work<br /> Someone that is married to an idiotic idea, to the point of being obtuseRobert and Mitchell on DOB's Braves baseball blog are convinced that every <br />game the Braves lose if because of Bobby Cox. Man those guys are a real <br />piece of work.<br />
    <br /><br />I agree bec, that was certainly an inappropriate choice of phrasing to use for your own grandchild on national t.v. as certainly Joe was well aware of the large viewing audience since he said from jump that he wanted to be seen all over the world in this interview.  But of course that was because he was promoting his own ish even though there were time constraints that cut his self promoting a bit short.
    Bec, I totally took it as #5 you listed—“A real character, a unique individual.” That’s how I usually perceive the word used.  And THAT she sure is, that we’ve seen!  I take it as Joe complimenting her.<br /><br />Michael’s voice in the tapes do seem off to me too, but then again he has spoken in a variety of tones—actor that he is.  Seth Riggs said his voice had a huge natural range, but he chose to speak in the higher register.<br /><br />In The Architect trailer, who is it that says, “I thought he staged his own death"?<br /><br />Architect: <br />
    1. designer, planner, draughtsman, master builder Employ an architect to make sure the plans comply with regulations.<br />2. creator, father, shaper, engineer, author, maker, designer, founder, deviser, planner, inventor, contriver, originator, prime mover, instigator, initiator the country's chief architect of economic reform
    <br />But could he have helped MJ with any of the other "contriving" as well?<br />When the Jackson's were having their big feud in the summer 2012, I thought it strange that TMZ hinted that it must be Joe Jackson behind it all, but he was way over in Las Vegas and seemingly not involved. Remember?<br />
  • Joe may mean #5 on bec's post as MJonmind mentioned.  He may also be hinting at #1, Someone who -- although often interesting -- is difficult to get along with on an every day basis. They often make simple things overly complex, or argue points ad infinitum.<br />When I see Paris crying at MJ's memorial and giving that speech, my first response would be that she loves her father very much, she misses him, she is very close to him, but I would not respond the way Joe did.  I think what Joe may be implying is that she is acting on that stage, he doesn't say anything about how hard it is for Paris to lose her father, but all he says is "she is a piece of work..."
  • I took it a little differently since he followed it up with it’s harder to raise girls than boys; she’s a good girl, but you have to work with her a little bit too.  What does that mean?  Maybe it’s just me and my history of having a bit of difficulty trying to love Joe after Michael was brought to tears talking about being abused by him.
  • Maybe it’s just me and my history of having a bit of difficulty trying to love Joe after Michael was brought to tears talking about being abused by him.<br /><br />It's not just you who feels this way about Joe, hes.  Paris looks to be very bright, strong and someone who is a protector looking out for her brothers and anyone else in the family that she loves. I also think she is very much like Michael, in that she is not a pushover, has her own mind and speaks her mind.  May be that's what Joe means.