KATHERINE JACKSON MJ DOCUMENTARY MONEY GRAB?

curlscurls Posts: 3,111
edited December 2013 in News
(Sorry, I can't get the pictures and video to copy properly - if someone else can do better, please do - I'd happily have this altered or deleted!)<br /><br /><br />Katherine Jackson<br />Michael Jackson Documentary<br />Money Grab?<br />12/18/2013 11:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF<br />EXCLUSIVE<br /><br />http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/12/18/1218-michael-jackson-cover-1.jpg<br /><br />Michael Jackson's mom SAYS she's doing a heartfelt documentary about her son's life ... but the reality is ... it seems to be a shameful money grab.<br /><br />Katherine Jackson has announced she wants to do the documentary, but needs the fans to send her money to pay for the licensing of Michael's image and music.  Translation -- she's insinuating the big bad Michael Jackson Estate is being coldhearted and greedy by charging Michael's family.<br /><br />Here's the reality ... Howard Weitzman, the lawyer for the Estate, tells TMZ NO ONE from the Jackson family has contacted him or anyone else from the Estate asking for permission to use MJ's image and music.  Weitzman wants to make it clear ... "The Estate would never ask Michael's fans to contribute their money to finance any speculative project."<br /><br />Katherine is using a website to solicit donations and is offering MJ merchandise as bait.  FYI, the license for merchandising is held by Bravado, so Katherine can't do that without permission.<br /><br /><br />http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/12/18/1218-katherin-jackson-letter-1.jpg<br /><br />If Katherine makes the documentary, the people it will likely hurt are Michael's kids.  That's because THEY are the ultimate beneficiaries of the Estate, and if the Estate does an MJ documentary in the future (which is almost certain), it will probably be devalued by anything Katherine does.<br /><br />And it still gets worse ... Katherine and company have enlisted the help of Blanket, Paris and Prince to solicit funds from fans.  It's pretty clear -- they don't understand the implications of helping her out.<br /><br />http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/12/18/121813-mj-doc-launch-2.jpg<br /><br />Should Katherine do the documentary<br /><br />    Yes<br />    No<br /><br />It's a safe bet the Estate will not give Katherine permission.  Weitzman says, "The Estate will continue to release only the highest quality finished, professional projects showcasing the genius and humanity of Michael such as the 'This is It' film and the 2 very successful shows with Cirque du Soleil."<br /><br />So the bottom line -- if the Estate doesn't give permission to use MJ's music and image, the documentary won't get made.  So what happens to the money the fans contribute?  Well Katherine is using a website to solicit donations that allows her to keep all funds even if the project isn't made.  So guess who ends up with the loot?<br /><br />So we gotta ask ...<br /><br /><br />Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/18/katherine-jackson-michael-mj-documentary-money-grab-estate/#ixzz2nrQA5bIp<br />

Comments

• DoDo Posts: 850
    Hey Curls, I posted my opinion in the other thread, in short, I feel sick about it and about to lose my faith....how about you, are you still going strong or is this what pushes you almost over the edge too?
  • Looks like some people are trying to set up the Fans to the Family or especially against  Michael's Mother who he dearly loves. <br /><br />Remember this:)<br /><br />It's a complete lie, why do people buy these papers? It's not the truth I'm here to say. You know, don't judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one. I don't care what the story is, do not judge them because it is a lie.<br /><br />Michael Jackson <br /><br /><br /><br />
  • This from @jacksonsource twitter:<br /><br />" Just so you know @princemjjjaxon says Mrs Jackson is not behind "Rememberring Michael" documentary film "<br /><br />BbzWpW0IUAALoyF.jpg:large
  • DoDo Posts: 850
    ^^^^^^^ To me, this is just damage control.<br /><br />Watch the preview and http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/rememberingmichael<br />
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Do, no I'm not still going strong. It's just one distasteful thing after another.  This has gone into the realms of the ridiculous now. Words fail me to be honest.
  • on 1387407485:
    <br /> Looks like some people are trying to set up the Fans to the Family or especially against  Michael's Mother who he dearly loves. <br /><br />Remember this:)<br /><br />It's a complete lie, why do people buy these papers? It's not the truth I'm here to say. You know, don't judge a person, do not pass judgement, unless you have talked to them one on one. I don't care what the story is, do not judge them because it is a lie.<br /><br />Michael Jackson<br />
    <br /><br />I really agree with you, that advertising really looks suspicious
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I don't believe any of it. The media lies and the Jacksons are all unreliable sources so you can throw it all out.