Rush Limbaugh defends Michael Jackson

liegiliegi Posts: 640
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
<!-- m -->http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... guest.html<!-- m -->

Rush Limbaugh comes to the defense of Michael Jackson!!

This is an interesting article in which Rush Limbaugh really comes to the defense of Michael Jackson. I posted it under Conspiracy because he said the trial was a travesty of justice, a vendetta. Please move this if I have not posted it in the correct area.

RUSH: We haven't talked about this Michael Jackson episode, but there's one thing I want to say about it. The media in this Michael Jackson episode is a horrible disgrace. It is so bad that the only guy making sense on any of this is Al Sharpton!

That's how bad the media coverage is. All of these lies about the autopsy report, all of this misinformation about the doctor shooting him up with Demerol, the guy's lawyer said he didn't do it and so forth. For once I understand -- I don't believe I'm saying this -- but for once I understand the Justice Brothers getting in gear here to try to prevent some of the smirching of Michael Jackson's character that's gone on here. We don't know anything yet. We don't know diddly-squat yet. So let it be on record El Rushbo supports the Justice Brothers. Just mind-boggling.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ken in Livonia, Michigan. Hi, welcome to the EIB Network, sir.

CALLER: Yeah, Rush, I just wanted to comment that once again the news media has given us the proof that we needed, as if we needed any more, that not only do they lean to the extreme left, but they're... You know, they're... You know, they're just extremely liberal. Untrustworthy. Now, here we have President Obama continuing to reach into the wallets and the purses of the American people through cap and trade, you know, his Obamacare health plan.

RUSH: Right. And what are they doing instead, what are they reporting instead?

CALLER: Well, instead of that they're doing all these big stories on Michael Jackson -- who, by the way, I am still convinced is a child molester. Then you've got Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays.

RUSH: Wait a second now. You're no different than the media! He was acquitted. I'm going to tell you something about Michael Jackson. We haven't talked about this. But he was acquitted of that charge. That kid and the kids' mother were the worst witnesses. That was an abomination of a case brought against him. That was a vendetta case. I'm not saying he didn't have some strange peccadilloes with kids but that case didn't prove it. So if you're out there saying, "I'm still convinced he's a child molester," you're no different than the media lying about what was in the autopsy report, lying about all the drugs he was supposedly taking, lying about this and that. We don't know diddly-squat yet. The autopsy details have not been released. All we have is a bunch of media speculation. This guy's talent was incomparable! We build 'em up and we tear 'em down in this culture, and it's wrong. I'll tell you, it's the first time in my life... The media in this situation has been so bad they're making Al Sharpton look credible. They're making the Justice Brothers look like they have a reasonable reason to intervene here. That's how bad it's gotten.

Comments

• msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Wow you know something is up when Rush Limbaugh is defending a black man and giving credit to Al Sharpton. Now I can get with Rush on this topic but normally he irritates me. However in this case it's cool that he's putting the media on blast and bringing out the fact that there have been so many lies in the media about MJ and about the autopsy report.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i'm flabbergasted.
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    I LOVE how he corrected that caller with the whole "child molester" statement. I normally hate Rush but this is just great & he's ABSOLUTELY right! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    I know. I think it's great!! Finally, someone from the major media has come to his defense and stated the truth!!
  • Wowsers! This is something coming from Limbaugh. Puts him above Michael Savage who is a total &^%$#! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • Wow you know something is up when Rush Limbaugh is defending a black man and giving credit to Al Sharpton. Now I can get with Rush on this topic but normally he irritates me. However in this case it's cool that he's putting the media on blast and bringing out the fact that there have been so many lies in the media about MJ and about the autopsy report.

I know right? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • deedee75deedee75 Posts: 192
    I wish other in the media would take notice and see how odd his case is but if he is truly in danger or something like that then the police and everyone involve has done and excellent job in keep him safe.
  • wow! I never agree with anything Rush says, but on this....I agree and kudo's to him for speaking up on it. He gave MJ credit for his talent.
  • Thank you Rush Limbaugh! I know many people don't like the man but he is a tell-it-like-it-is kind of person and I respect him for that. He's not persuaded by popular opinion. I'm sure his message has gotten to others in the media - the question remains, will they follow suit? They should...
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    This is a great find. Thanks for posting this. Rush does say exactly what he thinks without thought to consequences of disagreeing with popular opinion. That is the main reason he is attacked by the rest of the media, he tears down the spin they put into their reports to get people believe their distorted truths. If you listen closely to Rush he is usually right on the money about what is actually happening. He doesn't water down the truth and that usually pisses people off. His abrupt delivery can be offensive sometimes.
  • wow! I never agree with anything Rush says, but on this....I agree and kudo's to him for speaking up on it. He gave MJ credit for his talent.

+1 <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Yeah, kudos definitely! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    Thank you Rush Limbaugh! I know many people don't like the man but he is a tell-it-like-it-is kind of person and I respect him for that. He's not persuaded by popular opinion. I'm sure his message has gotten to others in the media - the question remains, will they follow suit? They should...

Voice, I agree. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    This is a great find. Thanks for posting this. Rush does say exactly what he thinks without thought to consequences of disagreeing with popular opinion. That is the main reason he is attacked by the rest of the media, he tears down the spin they put into their reports to get people believe their distorted truths. If you listen closely to Rush he is usually right on the money about what is actually happening. He doesn't water down the truth and that usually pisses people off. His abrupt delivery can be offensive sometimes.

Thumbs up! That's probably why he is always attack! When you are not politically correct, yeah , you are a target!
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Most people would have just sat there silently, but Rush didn't leave it at that; he didn't let anyone put words into his mouth and he made a point. A big thumbs up!
  • I applaud this man, that caller was an ignorant a** who probably believes everything the media says. That whole case against MJ was a disgrace, it was a witch hunt and it makes me sick. We need more people like this man to stand up and defend MJ.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_062909/content/01125107.guest.html

Rush Limbaugh comes to the defense of Michael Jackson!!

This is an interesting article in which Rush Limbaugh really comes to the defense of Michael Jackson. I posted it under Conspiracy because he said the trial was a travesty of justice, a vendetta. Please move this if I have not posted it in the correct area.

RUSH: We haven't talked about this Michael Jackson episode, but there's one thing I want to say about it. The media in this Michael Jackson episode is a horrible disgrace. It is so bad that the only guy making sense on any of this is Al Sharpton!

That's how bad the media coverage is. All of these lies about the autopsy report, all of this misinformation about the doctor shooting him up with Demerol, the guy's lawyer said he didn't do it and so forth. For once I understand -- I don't believe I'm saying this -- but for once I understand the Justice Brothers getting in gear here to try to prevent some of the smirching of Michael Jackson's character that's gone on here. We don't know anything yet. We don't know diddly-squat yet. So let it be on record El Rushbo supports the Justice Brothers. Just mind-boggling.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ken in Livonia, Michigan. Hi, welcome to the EIB Network, sir.

CALLER: Yeah, Rush, I just wanted to comment that once again the news media has given us the proof that we needed, as if we needed any more, that not only do they lean to the extreme left, but they're... You know, they're... You know, they're just extremely liberal. Untrustworthy. Now, here we have President Obama continuing to reach into the wallets and the purses of the American people through cap and trade, you know, his Obamacare health plan.

RUSH: Right. And what are they doing instead, what are they reporting instead?

CALLER: Well, instead of that they're doing all these big stories on Michael Jackson -- who, by the way, I am still convinced is a child molester. Then you've got Farrah Fawcett, Billy Mays.

RUSH: Wait a second now. You're no different than the media! He was acquitted. I'm going to tell you something about Michael Jackson. We haven't talked about this. But he was acquitted of that charge. That kid and the kids' mother were the worst witnesses. That was an abomination of a case brought against him. That was a vendetta case. I'm not saying he didn't have some strange peccadilloes with kids but that case didn't prove it. So if you're out there saying, "I'm still convinced he's a child molester," you're no different than the media lying about what was in the autopsy report, lying about all the drugs he was supposedly taking, lying about this and that. We don't know diddly-squat yet. The autopsy details have not been released. All we have is a bunch of media speculation. This guy's talent was incomparable! We build 'em up and we tear 'em down in this culture, and it's wrong. I'll tell you, it's the first time in my life... The media in this situation has been so bad they're making Al Sharpton look credible. They're making the Justice Brothers look like they have a reasonable reason to intervene here. That's how bad it's gotten.

I am absolutely gobsmacked <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> . Wow, Rush, you totally have me speechless. Unbelievable. I never thought I would see the day when Rush would defend MJ. That is a sheer miracle <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> . Thank you, Rush, for defending our angel, MJ. Blessings to all!
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    Wow, holy shizzle! I don't usually like him either and seeing as these right-y types usually are very anti-Michael, I'm so shocked! Yay, Rush! Keep it up!
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I really dislike Rush.
    Every morning, I tune into his show to get a couple laughs
    because he is so ignorant and.. over-conservative.
    I'm absolutely shocked. I would NEVER expect this from him.
    I like the fact that he stood up against this ignorant trash, but I'm not going to
    let this sway me. Thanks for that Rush. Yeah, he did comment on how
    "pedo-like" Michael is in his opinion (which he's not), so minus points for that.
    I'm just getting a mixed message from this broadcast.
    Also, if he said something bad about Michael, it would make a big dent in
    his career, since there's so many of us fans out there.
    He could NOT hate on Michael, because it would be the end of him.
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->