Some call Dunn's death a hoax !

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in General Discussion
Some call Dunn's death a hoax

After a lifetime dedicated to pranks and jokes, many fans and critics of reality TV personality Ryan Dunn believe the “Jackass” star’s death could be just that: a prank.

The best and most elaborate prank of his entire career, that is.

Some think that Dunn may have faked his death in order to promote a fourth “Jackass” film. Others suggest that fellow “Jackass” star Bam Margera’s mother, April Margera, is in on the prank. April Margera was the one who publicly announced Monday morning that Dunn was a victim in the fatal car crash that occurred on Route 322 in West Goshen.

One image making its way around the Internet is an alleged screen shot of an article from FoxNews.com. The shot includes a picture of Dunn, and a title reading, “‘Jackass’ Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash, Found To Be a Joke!’”. The “article” goes on to say that Dunn did not really die in a car accident, and that April Margera played a role in helping Dunn with the hoax.

No such article could be found on Fox News’ website Tuesday.

Still, this was enough to send Twitter users into a frenzy that drew out several conspiracy theories, indicating that many fans simply refused to believe the untimely news.

Mike Spinelli, senior editor at automobile news site Jalopnik, said fans may believe the rumors due to Dunn’s upcoming film, “Living Will …,” in which Dunn plays a character who dies and returns from the dead to continue partying and hanging out with his friend.

Other accusers have posted their doubts and suspicions on multiple websites.

One user on MTV’s website started a thread titled, “BREAKING NEWS, RYAN DUNN IS NOT DEAD!! READ THIS!!” The user posted that Dunn is alive and was quoted saying that he isn’t sorry and that he found the prank “pretty funny.”

Users on cloakanddagger.org have also stirred the pot, asking “Is this another celebrity stunt for publicity?” and “Is Dunn making a JACKASS out of the American people?”

The consensus opinion from user comments on these sites is that the accusations are absurd and disrespectful, with many fans imploring commenters to allow the Dunn’s family to grieve in peace.

Spinelli assessed the situation best, stating that the hoax accusations are merely “a tribute to their abilities as performers that their fans think he could have actually cheated death.”

http://www.livingwillmovie.com/

[BBvideo 425,350:1x7kzyio]

B.A.M. connection from TMZ:
0620-tweet-2.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/20/bam-margera-roger-ebert-furious-angry-ryan-dunn-twitter-attack/

Comments

• MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Hmm. I hope so. Ryan Dunn was my favorite Jackass! But I'm not sure. So far, there's no real evidence that he's dead I guess. But I definitely cannot let it sink in.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    there was also some article I have seen on local gossip-type portal here about it being a hoax, but I am not sure what is real anymore <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->