Michael Jackson Estate -- The IRS Is Off the Wall

SEHFSEHF Posts: 954
edited January 1970 in News
[size=18pt]Michael Jackson Estate<br />The IRS is<br />Off the Wall![/size]<br />0 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF<br /><br />[size=14pt]EXCLUSIVE[/size]<br /><br />0209-michael-jackson-5.jpg<br /><br /><br />Michael Jackson was broke as a joke when he died ... so the IRS tax attack is showing a glaring ignorance ... so claim the people who run the MJ Estate.<br /><br />Sources connected with the Estate tell TMZ ... they never suggested the Beatles catalog was worth ZERO -- to the contrary they agree it's worth around $1.5 BILLION.<br /><br />That said ... sources say there's a reason they put a big fat zero in the Beatles column when they filed tax returns just after Michael died.  They say there  was a $700 million loan taken against the purchase of the catalog, bringing the net value to $800 million.  Michael and Sony were 50/50 partners ... which means Michael's share was around $400 million.  <br /><br />Now the debt.  Michael leveraged his interest to the hilt -- he borrowed $320 million against the catalog.  And He owed another $200 million in personal debt ... And that's why they put ZERO.<br /><br />One bone of contention -- although the Estate values the catalog at $1.5 billion, the IRS says it's DOUBLE that amount.<br /><br />Estate sources say the IRS is also off base on the issue of MJ's likeness and image, which they valued at only $2,105 at the time he died.  The IRS says it's worth more like $434 million.<br /><br />Our sources say you have to look back at June, 2009.  They say Michael made zilch on his likeness and image for the 15 YEARS before his death -- no commercials, not even T-shirts ... no one wanted to be associated with him -- at least commercially.<br /><br />And finally ... as for the Jackson 5 music collection -- the Estate says it was worth $11.2 mil when Michael died ... the IRS says $45.5 mil.<br /><br />So the sources say after settling up with Motown, MJ's interest was a lot less than people think.  The Estate would gladly sell Michael's rights even today for $45.5 mil ... they say they'd sell it for $30 mil!

Comments

• curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Wow, TMZ setting the record straight ... or not!  Nice one. Pleased to see you're using your 'sources' again TMZ!
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    2100 bucks for his likeness? Hahahahaha where can I pay?<br /><br />What a joke. If they get away with it I want the 'estate' to file my taxes this year! :thjajaja121:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    on 1392033231:
    <br />Wow, TMZ setting the record straight ... or not!  Nice one. Pleased to see you're using your 'sources' again TMZ!<br />
    <br /><br /><br /> :th_bravo: yeahhhh....good thing !!!!  ;D
  • a.ja.j Posts: 1
    :moonwalk_:
  • 1 / i wish the Estate to deal with my tax too !<br />2/ TMZ sources always have "things to say" <br />3/ If MJ is such low price, i suggest everyone sends me a dolar, so i can afford the man  :icon_mrgreen:
  • Well its about TIME someone started to put the record straight! We had nearly 5 years of twisted facts! Lets Hope the truth comes out one way or another! 
  • Thanks for sharing this with us.<br /><br />I have always thought that Michael's worth was undervalued and it never made any sense to me. This sounds more like it. However, the IRS wants to take about 2/3rds of his worth in interest, penalties, etc? I think the IRS is like everyone else - they see a chance to take advantage of the man and they are doing it.<br /><br />I cannot believe that the genius estate lawyers would value the Beatles catalog at zero but their explanation sounds reasonable so it's a bit confusing to me. I guess I'll keep watchin'.
  • Oh Michael you are so lucky free of all this  :-*