A Taylor Swift Connection?

AndBAMHeIsAliveAndBAMHeIsAlive Posts: 3
edited August 2014 in References & Similarities
After reading this article [ftp=ftp://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jack-antonoff-compares-taylor-swift-to-michael-jackson-2014167]http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jack-antonoff-compares-taylor-swift-to-michael-jackson-2014167[/ftp] I tried to understand the broader similarities between Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift. This when I came across two song of Swifts- Long Live and The Lucky One. Long Live is originally about the relationship between Taylor, her band and her fans, but if you listen to the lyrics it truly sounds like remembering someone's legacy- Michael Jackson. The song was released on Swift's third studio album Speak Now in 2010 and published by Sony, these are the lyrics:
<br /><br />I said remember this moment in the back of my mind<br />The time we stood with our shaking hands<br />The crowds in stands went wild<br />We were the Kings and the Queens<br />And they read off our names<br />The night you danced like you knew our lives<br />Would never be the same<br />You held your head like a hero<br />On a history book page<br />It was the end of a decade<br />But the start of an age<br /><br />Long live the walls we crashed through<br />How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you<br />I was screaming long live all the magic we made<br />And bring on all the pretenders<br />One day, we will be remembered<br /><br />I said remember this feeling<br />I pass the pictures around<br />Of all the years that we stood there<br />On the side-lines wishing for right now<br />We are the Kings and the Queens<br />You traded your baseball cap for a crown<br />When they gave us our trophies<br />And we held them up for our town<br />And the cynics were outraged<br />Screaming, "This is absurd!"<br />Cause for a moment a band of thieves<br />In ripped up jeans got to rule the world<br /><br />Long live the walls we crashed through<br />How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you<br />I was screaming long live all the magic we made<br />And bring on all the pretenders<br />I'm not afraid<br />Long live all the mountains we moved<br />I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you<br />I was screaming long live that look on your face<br />And bring on all the pretenders<br />One day, we will be remembered<br /><br />Hold on to spinning around<br />Confetti falls to the ground<br />May these memories break our fall<br /><br />Will you take a moment, promise me this<br />That you'll stand by me forever<br />But if God forbid fate should step in<br />And force us into a goodbye<br />If you have children some day<br />When they point to the pictures<br />Please tell them my name<br />Tell them how the crowds went wild<br />Tell them how I hope they shine<br /><br />Long live the walls we crashed through<br />I had the time of my life, with you<br />Long, long live the walls we crashed through<br />How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you<br />And I was screaming long live all the magic we made<br />And bring on all the pretenders<br />I'm not afraid<br />Singing, long live all the mountains we moved<br />I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you<br />And long, long live the look on your face<br />And bring on all the pretenders<br />One day, we will be remembered<br />
<br /><br />Maybe I am looking way too far into this, but it just reminds me of something Michael would say to us.<br /><br />Next, we have The Lucky One. According to popular opinion, TLO is about Joni Mitchell but I believe it could be hinting us towards Michael. The song is about a star who had it all, and who was also exposed to all, to the tabloids, lights, and cameras. After their secrets were being leaked all over the world they were done. They moved away to a life of solitude and nobody knew where they had gone. Remind you of anyone? The song is about a girl (from using the lyric "You look like a sixties queen."), but could be a bit of foreshadowing from the actual character- Michael. The song was included on Taylor's fourth album- Red (one of Michael's favourite colours may I add :icon_e_wink:), and the only clue Taylor left behind was "Wouldn't you like to know." Mysterious, right? Here are the lyrics:<br /><br />
New to town with a made up name in the angel city,<br />Chasing fortune and fame.<br />And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream.<br />You had it figured out since you were in school.<br />Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool.<br />So overnight you look like a sixties’ queen.<br /><br />Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky.<br /><br />And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />But can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh...<br /><br />Now it’s big black cars, and Riviera views,<br />And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you<br />And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page.<br /><br />And they tell you that you’re lucky.<br />But you’re so confused,<br />Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used.<br />And all the young things line up to take your place.<br /><br />Another name goes up in lights. You wonder if you’ll make it out alive.<br /><br />And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.<br /><br />It was a few years later, I showed up here.<br />And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared,<br />How you took the money and your dignity, and got the hell out.<br />They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,<br />Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,<br />And it took some time, but I understand it now.<br /><br />‘Cause now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right,<br /><br />Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.<br /><br />Yeah they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.<br />And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.<br />Oh, whoa, oh, oh<br />
<br />Again published by Sony.<br /><br />What do you think? May I also add that their is a song called Breathe that was released a year before MJ died, Breathe=7 letters and she also says "I'm sorry" 7 times, could this be Michaels message for us?<br />Maybe, I'm going waaay to deep into this... Maybe not, what do you think?