New Forum Software, MJDHI in 2020

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 2021 in MJDHI News

Hi everyone,

After a decade of the good old SMF forum software I noticed the development of the software was slowing down and I had too many issues with the forum after upgrading the server to newer software applications. I have always wanted to have a forum that I could seamlessly include in the website itself, yet could import the old forum posts and users also. I believe I have finally found the right software and I have been busy the past week to get it all set up.

I have imported the old forum, yet I am not sure all posts are really imported so the old forum will be added to the archives. Also because I had the old forum split into many categories which might make it easier to find certain old topics, so that will definitely stay up as a read-only for research purposes and all your old private messages. You will still be able to log in, yet I have removed the ability to post.

I have deleted many of the old categories on this forum, and added most in the 'General Hoax Investigation' category. You can always use the search function to find old posts. But I do not think we need all those categories anymore after almost 11 years, which is why I made the list a lot shorter.

Your forum homepage will show the forum index by default, but you can change that to recent discussions in your profile, and you will find many other settings there.

Please play around with the new forum, see if everything is clear and working for you and let me know if you miss certain things or have questions. The forum has been tested but it is possible that certain things will still need to be adjusted.

I hope you like the new set-up and let me know if you have any questions!

Souza

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Tagged:

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Archives can be found in the menu top left.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."