Am i The Only One That Does This When Its Sleep Time?

Miss.PeppersMiss.Peppers Posts: 998
edited January 1970 in General MJ Discussion
When ive had a bad day, or im really tired.. or any night really.... i hug my pillow and close my eyes and imagine Michael is with me.
Its not a sexual thing... i just imagine he is lying next to me and hugging me to sleep.

It feels so comforting.

I dont know whether i do this because of the grief i am feeling or what.

Am i the only one that does this?
Am i going slowly mad??

My avator picture is my favourite picture of Michael too. xxxxx

He was gorgeous inside and out and i wish i had been his friend. I would have been a true friend as im not materialistic and i would have been his friend for the person he is on the inside and nothing else.

<!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Comments

• MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I don´t do as you. What you do is very sweet. Hugs.
  • I don´t do as you. What you do is very sweet. Hugs.

Thankyou ((hugs))... in fact have a (((michael hug))) They are very good! x
    I wish I knew how those felt <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> maybe warm and calming? maybe protective?

A hug is always welcome :*

Thanks for the hugs.
  • mjgirl86mjgirl86 Posts: 316
    That's very sweet...

Hugging my pillow is a sense of security for me. I also have a lot of teddy bears, so I cuddle with those.. I think of Michael all the time, but I can't think of him holding me... I usually just fall asleep, from being exhausted, or consumed in my endless thoughts.
  • When ive had a bad day, or im really tired.. or any night really.... i hug my pillow and close my eyes and imagine Michael is with me.
    Its not a sexual thing... i just imagine he is lying next to me and hugging me to sleep.

It feels so comforting.

I dont know whether i do this because of the grief i am feeling or what.

Am i the only one that does this?
    Am i going slowly mad??

My avator picture is my favourite picture of Michael too. xxxxx

He was gorgeous inside and out and i wish i had been his friend. I would have been a true friend as im not materialistic and i would have been his friend for the person he is on the inside and nothing else.

<!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

I don't think you're going mad. I think you do it out of love for Michael and it makes you feel maybe a little bit closer to him.

I have a stuffed elephant I named "Michael." My boyfriend bought it for me since he knows that I absolutely adore elephants and I kept him at the foot of my bed with other stuffed animals I have. When Michael left in June I took to sleeping with the stuffed elephant. I don't know why - I am 41- too old to sleep with toys, I think, but it makes me feel better. I've cried so many tears for Michael while hugging this stuffed elephant. I actually can't sleep with out it now. You're not alone. I fall asleep clutching my elephant wishing it could be Michael, like you with your pillow. I think these acts are things we do to make ourselves feel better and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Keep the faith, girl. Michael will be back. Believe.

Hugs to you.
    I also sleep with a stuffed animal! a polar bear! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    His name is BEAR <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • I also sleep with a stuffed animal! a polar bear! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    His name is BEAR <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

I always sleep with an "I love you" pillow in the shape of a heart! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'm not doing what you do but it really sounds so sweet!
    I do think really hard of michael when I'm scared or alone in the dark, in some sort of way I feel unbreakable when I think of him, like his major love will protect me
    (does that sounds stupid? <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> )
    Everytime when I walk in the dark outside, I have michael singing in my ear, through my phone offcourse haha, but it's like he takes my fears away and I feel like no one can toutch me! It's a nice feeling, since I am really afraid of the dark cause of things happend to me in the past <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I sleep with my dog,my Rattatoulle bear and a t shirt from my beloved Michael. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Hehe, we all need some extra protection <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I also sleep with the rable lamp on <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

Aaawwww, I need to overcome my fears!
  • I do what you do too, when I try to fall asleep and I'm on my side I imagine Michael laying next to me and hugging me or holding me until I fall asleep it's such a nice feeling <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • LoesLoes Posts: 612
    Last thing I do before de light goes out is say goodbay to Michael's poster and sometimes I even kiss the poster .... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    It gives me a very good feeling!!!

2ebaamu.jpg
  • SyringaSyringa Posts: 498
    I fall asleep while listening Michael. I just put on my earphones and iPod and listen to him. When I wake up in the morning, first thing I hear is Michael, still singing in my earphones.
  • suzziesuzzie Posts: 11
    yeah we all need to cling into something, june 26 I bought a flowerhorn fish and named it michael. I have never felt so empty for the past 20 years since I became an MJ fan but now I feel incomplete. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • I always imagine Michael is with me too..holding me as I fall asleep..It is a comfort thing..Did you ever see City of Angels?? Where Nicolas Cage who plays the angel holds Meg Ryan at night until she falls asleep..I love that movie..x
  • I listen to him on my iPod before I go to sleep. After a few songs, or a lot of songs, I put my iPod away, turn off the light, and do what you do - close my eyes, hug my pillow, imagine Michael is holding me, and sometimes talk to him, and to God.
  • oh boy i do that too!!! and some people know that, lol! i hole my pillow so tight as i'm hugging someone so if someone sees me like that they get it. i too do it when i have had a bad day or when i miss Michael just so much!! so yes, i have to do it almost every night... i know the feeling, it makes you feel comfortable and you feel like he's really there... i sometimes wonder if he too is feeling it right now! so it's not only you whose going crazy! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

i have a teddy bear too and his name is BUBBLES <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> sometimes i hold him and cry at night, i don't know what it is but i feel like i and bubbles are crying together for Michael.. oh i miss him so much. i wish i could hug him right now, i won't ever let him go! :'(
  • There's nothing strange or unnatural about that honey. I do the same. I am 38 years old and when I go to bed at night I lay on my side and hug my pillow and imagine that I am hugging Michael. I always say "goodnight" to him in my head before I try to sleep. I take comfort in imagining that he is lying next to me and I am cuddling him.

It makes me feel so much better and close to him. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Nobody should feel bad about doing this. It's a personal thing. Anything which makes us feel close to Michael is nothing but beautiful. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Isaid before that micheal is like a secuity blanket he always. Has been when you thhink about it
  • TerezaTereza Posts: 2,074
    I also sleep in a Michael T-Shirt.
    Sometimes I listen to him reading the "Planet Earth" poem before I sleep, cause his voice really calms me.
  • I wish I knew how those felt <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> maybe warm and calming? maybe protective?

A hug is always welcome :*

Thanks for the hugs.

Everything that a hug should be and more.
    Not one of them half-hearted side on hugs you get these days. Proper hug. Proper emotion. Love.