How Well Do You Know MJ?

So, just a question to everyone. We know Michael loved animals. Do you think he is capable of doing something that would hurt or bring about the death of an animal and then think it was funny?

There is a method to my madness I assure you all... I want to see what everyone has to say and then I will tell you why I am asking this and what is behind the question.

It has nothing to do with his giraffes that were in the news, or Bubbles...

Comments

• DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    In short, my answer would be no but, knowing MJ's love for illusion and magic, I guess he could do it to make you think he's hurt or killed an animal but, when the illusion is revealed, he didn't.
  • JACKSONGIRLJACKSONGIRL Posts: 809
    So, just a question to everyone. We know Michael loved animals. Do you think he is capable of doing something that would hurt or bring about the death of an animal and then think it was funny?

There is a method to my madness I assure you all... I want to see what everyone has to say and then I will tell you why I am asking this and what is behind the question.

It has nothing to do with his giraffes that were in the news, or Bubbles...
    i dont think so, he hasnt got the heart, unless he was like on edge and had no other choice, even then im not sure lol.
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    simply..........................NO..............
  • noo...but I dont like where this is going.... I remember somethin but I cant remember what it was about... mm

This isnt the llama thing is it.. ? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • No i dont think he would
  • noo...but I dont like where this is going.... I remember somethin but I cant remember what it was about... mm

LOL! no...what about the llama? I never heard that story:)
  • I dont think that Michael could bring about the death of an animal, and then laugh about it.

That seems totally against what he stood for.

My perception is that Michael was very sensitive and spiritual - and he believed animals were gifts from God and were to be treated well and with humanity. I cant see him purposedly bringing pain to an animal and finding that funny.

I heard a story that when MJ was recording one of his albums, he came in one day very upset and said he had just read an article about Dolphins and how they were being killed by tuna fishing... and he was so upset that he went home and couldnt continue working that day.
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    NO, Just like he cant harm a child, I dont think he can harm an animal, cause i remember he said to Oprah that he feels the same way about animals and children
  • rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    Well we can only guess but none of us knows the answer 100% for sure although we think we know the answer, or at least hope we know the answer. Does this make sense?

What I mean is, we have our own pre-conceptions about Michael and what he would and wouldn't do so it's difficult to think of the possibility of the answer being anything other than what we pre-conceive and my guess is most of us have the pre-conception that he wouldn't harm ANY living thing.

OK I'm rambling now and probably not making much sense. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Well we can only guess but none of us knows the answer 100% for sure although we think we know the answer, or at least hope we know the answer. Does this make sense?

What I mean is, we have our own pre-conceptions about Michael and what he would and wouldn't do so it's difficult to think of the possibility of the answer being anything other than what we pre-conceive and my guess is most of us have the pre-conception that he wouldn't harm ANY living thing.

OK I'm rambling now and probably not making much sense. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

you are actually making a lot of sense ... I agree with you now
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I cant see Michael hurting animals
  • Tina K.Tina K. Posts: 1,589
    I'm sure he could kill an animal, but not to make fun of it.

LOL! no...what about the llama? I never heard that story:)

He was talking in a video holdin' Louie the llama and he said he had another little llama but his dog attacked it and it died.

<!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Around 1:20. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    It's cute. In the beginning, it sounds like he has an English accent.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZHfYbcLRU<!-- m -->
  • Well we can only guess but none of us knows the answer 100% for sure although we think we know the answer, or at least hope we know the answer. Does this make sense?

you are actually making a lot of sense ... I agree with you now
    you actually said exactly what I was looking for...I am one of those people who want answers about MJ and want to know why he is no longer with us. I am one of those people who is willing to see both sides of the coin, so to speak. There is the Michael Jackson that we, the public, the fans know, the one he created for himself, for us... and then there is the real Michael Jackson, who is like everyone else in this world...Human. I wanted to bring this topic up because sometimes I feel that people are unwilling to look at anything that paints MJ in a negative light or goes against those "preconceived" notions we have about him. I guess what I am trying to say, is that we are all fans of Michael Jackson and we Love the Michael Jackson that he worked so hard to create for us, but if we want to get any where in this mess we are in, we must be willing to see Michael for who he is...behind his public image. We must be willing to accept his humanity and his short comings and LOVE him all the more for them. If we can't see the negatives about him and accept him anyway, or even entertain ideas about him that go against what we think about him...we are not going to get anywhere in this.
    That is all I wanted to say and here is the article that sparked my question to begin with. Speaking for myself only...reading this shocked me...not because it is Michael Jackson, but that anyone could do this and it rattled my preconceived notions I had of Michael Jackson...but I will tell you what...after I stepped back and thought about it, I realized Michael is human after all and fallible like us all. I like him even more!
  • Around 1:20. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    It's cute. In the beginning, it sounds like he has an English accent.

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FZHfYbcLRU<!-- m -->

No he doesnt. Im English and i can assure you, Michael sounds all American. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I think the example you gave... i dont think Michael is laughing because he is glad that the rats froze alive. And he didnt do it purposedly.

He could be laughing for a whole manner of reasons... nerves for one, or the fact he is talking about such a bizarre subject.

And rats do eat their young. Rabbits do it too.. and if you witness it, it is sickening so i understand why he just put the cage outside because it was making him feel ill.
    Oh I remember reading about that..but not quotes
    I wuv u MJ <3
  • I think the example you gave... i dont think Michael is laughing because he is glad that the rats froze alive. And he didnt do it purposedly.

He could be laughing for a whole manner of reasons... nerves for one, or the fact he is talking about such a bizarre subject.

And rats do eat their young. Rabbits do it too.. and if you witness it, it is sickening so i understand why he just put the cage outside because it was making him feel ill.

I agree with you, DancingTheDream. Michael simply left the cage outside, without realizing that it was so cold the rats would freeze... I don't think we have "pre-conceived" notions of Michael, as much as notions of who he was based on all the evidence we saw in 4+ decades. And we saw a lot! There was much evidence that MJ loved and cared for animals, and not one iota of evidence to show that MJ was a cruel person - to either animals or humans. And I don't think a person can be fake for 4+ decades, especially when they're the most scrutinized person on Earth!! So this little vignette doesn't change my opinion of MJ at all. Besides, we seem to forget that people change and evolve over time... We kinda treat MJ as if he was a constant and didn't have the right to change his opinions or contradict himself in the space of 5 or 10 or 20 years!! Compared to many other people, MJ actually stayed constant in his values over time... And that's quite remarkable for someone so successful.

Things that are not a matter of values (say smoking) would not shock me, and wouldn't change my opinion of MJ as a person. He had to be fallible... He was human. But given that he was at the upper border of humanity, where very few people reside, I don't think we should strive to bring him down by pointing at all the flaws (existent or non-existent), in the way the media have over the years. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Little things don't matter... Big things do, and MJ was all about BIG THINGS. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    When my kids were young, before we finally got a dog and then cat, we had other pets such as rats. One day the female (who'd had many litters) ate much of the male. I totally understand Michael being grossed out. Cute story of him!!
    Boys will be boys. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    My little cousin collects rollie pollies after it rains.
    He didn't warn me when I opened the jar.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Boys will be boys. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    My little cousin collects rollie pollies after it rains.
    He didn't warn me when I opened the jar.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

That's what I was thinking <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Uhh...what are rollie pollies? Please don't use a image if it's some kind of insect or something. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    They're bugs.
    Like the size of a ladybug. They're grey and when you touch them, they roll up into a little ball.
    Hard to explain. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • They're bugs.
    Like the size of a ladybug. They're grey and when you touch them, they roll up into a little ball.
    Hard to explain. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Oh I know what you mean <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Those bugs are really cute, when I was a kid I used to pick them up and play with them hahaha.
    Even their name sounds cute in English. You know how they're called in Dutch: pissebed. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Sometimes Dutch isn't that different from English so you can might guess what 'pissebed' means.

I used to call them 'grandpa's bugs' when I was a little girl. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Don't ask me why cause I have no idea. Maybe because my grandpa used to have them around his house I think.

Did I just wrote a whole text about bugs??? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
    What a terrible name.
    I mean they're cute, but 100 of them crawling out of a jar was startling.
    Yes. Yes you did. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->