TIAI March 8

JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
edited January 1970 in TIAI
<!-- m -->http://www.philstockworld.com/2010/01/0 ... continues/<!-- m -->

The Idiot-Maker Rally Continues!
Courtesy of John Carney and Gus Lubin at Clusterstock/Business Insider

Roubini PartiesThe rally that made a lot of the smartest people around look like idiots slowed dramatically in the final months of 2009.

But the much predicted decline never happened.

After a brief sideways period during November, stocks went back to rising in December. The S&P is now up around 8% since mid-October. That’s only slightly better than half the pace we saw for the middle quarters of last year. But, excluding those quarters, the S&P hasn’t performed so well since 2004.

But this remains the most-hated rally of all time, and pundits just can’t help themselves calling for its demise.

So we’re updating our original list with the the latest round of haters. Some have called for an imminent collapse. Others are slightly more far-looking, so they’re basically setting themselves to look like idiots for as long as this rally continues.

And we’ll note that none of these people are idiots — it’s just the market has made everyone — and that includes all of us — feel like idiots.
See the 14 gurus who now look like fools >

Tags: Features, idiot-maker rally, Markets, Stock Market, stocks, Wall Street

This entry was posted on Friday, January 8th, 2010 at 4:39 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Comments

• ASCENSIONASCENSION Posts: 43
    ".... rally that made a lot of the smartest people around look like idiots ..."
    just click on that blue row and see the page that follows, than go back and see the picture showed..
    is it SHE?
  • what SHE....? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • suomursusuomursu Posts: 111
    ".... rally that made a lot of the smartest people around look like idiots ..."
    just click on that blue row and see the page that follows, than go back and see the picture showed..
    is it SHE?

I think it's the same lady in the two pictures, but I don't know who she is. Do you think it's important somehow?
  • I wonder if this is a means to poke fun at the hoax believers????? However, in essence, we are not idiots after all in our beliefs as momentum has picked up to the truth of this matter. It appears we are not idiots and time will prove that it is the story, not the believer, that can't be trusted.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    They better not be calling us idiots <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Or maybe the nonbelievers are the idiots, for still not catching on? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I don't know!! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • Whoevr is doing this TIAI stuff.....he/she is getting on my nerves....And if this turns out to be just a prank by a demented person, I'll have his/her head..I promise..... <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • ZIsisZIsis Posts: 165
    Whoevr is doing this TIAI stuff.....he/she is getting on my nerves....And if this turns out to be just a prank by a demented person, I'll have his/her head..I promise..... <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Dr.D, I REALLY, TRULY hope "he/she/they/it" takes those words of yours into serious consideration! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Take a breather & hang in there; remember we are all in this together <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

L.O.V.E & LOVE ALL THE WAY!