Speechless ~ It's meaning to Michael and YOU

MJmakesmespeechlessMJmakesmespeechless Posts: 1,468
edited January 1970 in His Music & (Short) Films
SPEECHLESS is one of my all time favourite songs ever written. It exudes passion, warmth, total creativity
Now of course one would think Michael is talking about a woman, his soulmate, a person he is completely deeply in love with...Now all us women would LOVE if when he sings this song he was talking to us and obviously if you are like me and a passionate person you cannot help but close your eyes and think of Michael singing this to you and only to you

However what did it mean to Michael. --- I mean he has written some of the greatest and most poetically beautiful love songs of all time i think.

I think and this is only my opion. Feel free to comment all you like!!!
BUT for me i think to Michael this song was about turning a 180. He had kids and his life was very happy and i think this song is him remembered his time with his children at Neverland and how happy he was around his kids and animals. Notice the "spinning like a carousel" part...well he is talking about Neverland i think. All the things he went thru to finally have his kids and be at Neverland and at peace. Dont forget this was before that horrible second trial.

Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But I have not the words here to explain
Gone is the grace for expressions of passion
But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel

But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real
When I'm with you I am lost for words, I don't know what to say
My head's spinning like a carousel, so silently I pray
Helpless and hopeless, that's how I feel inside
Nothing's real, but all is possible if God is on my side

When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
It's as though I am standing in the place called Hallowed Ground
Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
I'll go anywhere and do anything just to touch your face
There's no mountain high I cannot climb
I'm humbled in your grace
Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real
Though I'm with you I am far away, and nothing is for real
SpeechlessYour love is magical, that's how I feel
But in your presence I am lost for words
Words like, "I love you."

Comments

• WillaWilla Posts: 24
    Speechless is my favorite. The first time I heard it I was driving in the mountains. It just took my breath away. One of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.
  • And how wonderful such a lot of lovely words in a song about being speechless <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    I love this song but it always makes me cry. Beautiful words though.
  • KrayzeeKrayzee Posts: 11
    Speechless is my favorite. The first time I heard it I was driving in the mountains. It just took my breath away. One of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.

Agreed. I was instantly drawn to it. He voice is simply perfect and a real joy to listen to. The soft music compliments him wonderfully and allows you to really hear him sing every note and so effortlessly. It's an amazing song and every time I listen I wonder why he didn't make it longer! It's over too quickly!

Chris
  • SPEECHLESS is one of my all time favourite songs ever written. It exudes passion, warmth, total creativity
    Now of course one would think Michael is talking about a woman, his soulmate, a person he is completely deeply in love with...Now all us women would LOVE if when he sings this song he was talking to us and obviously if you are like me and a passionate person you cannot help but close your eyes and think of Michael singing this to you and only to you

However what did it mean to Michael. --- I mean he has written some of the greatest and most poetically beautiful love songs of all time i think.

BUT for me i think to Michael this song was about turning a 180. He had kids and his life was very happy and i think this song is him remembered his time with his children at Neverland and how happy he was around his kids and animals. Notice the "spinning like a carousel" part...well he is talking about Neverland i think. All the things he went thru to finally have his kids and be at Neverland and at peace. Dont forget this was before that horrible second trial.

To tell you how I feel

wow I never heard this song
  • SPEECHLESS is one of my all time favourite songs ever written. It exudes passion, warmth, total creativity

To tell you how I feel

wow I never heard this song

OH MY GOSH! LISTEN TO IT! Your heart will MELT!
    This song, right here is my all time favorite song! Its what i go to sleep with and what i wake up with. Its what i study, do yoga and pretty much do anything with! Its just... so moving and amazing. His words and voice just leave me.. well SPEECHLESS! I honestly cannot express how this song makes me feel because it is just too great for words.
  • I wonder why MJ performs an introduction of it in TII but shorts the phrases.
    He just sings:

"Love is magical, that´s how I feel,
    but there are ways and ways to explain,
    to tell you I love you."

Doesn´t match the introduction nor the end.
    Meanwhile he do gestures like saying "or something like that" ¿???
    It has always sounded strange to me, since in other moment, he even states that he wants the songs just like they were recorded, just how fans expected them to be.
    But not this fragment. Why?
  • LavdHimLavdHim Posts: 352
    I wonder why MJ performs an introduction of it in TII but shorts the phrases.
    He just sings:

to tell you I love you."

It has always sounded strange to me, since in other moment, he even states that he wants the songs just like they were recorded, just how fans expected them to be.

I think it's his message, he wanted to tell us something .. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I think this is a possibility, but what?
    Something like saying "I state that want the songs just they were recorded but I don´t do it"
    What´s behind?
  • I agree! MJ's song Speechless is absolutely wonderful, beautiful. However, his entire "Invincible" album, in my opinion, is spectacular. It never received the attention or accolades it deserves. I love that album----simply love it! Thanks Michael, we love you!!!!
  • LOVE this song!!!

Hence the name... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Love, XspeechlessX.
  • I wonder why MJ performs an introduction of it in TII but shorts the phrases.
    He just sings:

to tell you I love you."

I agree. It definately is a message to us I think. He knows we love him and he wants us all to know he returns his love. If you tell him you love him he always has to have the last word and say "I love you more"

Iam glad you all love this song as well. It's my all time favourite and anyone whoever said Michael was just a performer and not a real artist and a GREAT singer in insane. His voice is simply magic. The most beautiful voice i have ever heard and him singing this song wow takes my breathe away!!!
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    The most beautiful song of all time. But I heard from somewhere that it was written for his daughter. Don't know how accurate that is though. It is so passionate I would love to believe it was written for someone he was in love with that made him feel that much blissfulness. Jesus to be the recipient of something that poetic and romantic would cause me to simply melt.
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    This is honestly the most beautiful song I have ever heard...I just melt imagining him sing this song to me and only me loving me the way I love him, every time I hear his beautiful voice singing those beautiful lyrics...sounds like beautiful might B my fav word right now...lol...that's the only way I can describe it...I honesly can't put into words the way I feel about this song
  • The song is not to his daughter, or to his fans, it is to a woman, his soulmate.
  • city.gal1city.gal1 Posts: 59
    According to the Randy J Taraborelli biography on MJ he says that Mj wrote "Speechless" in a half hour right after having played with his children.
  • The song is not to his daughter, or to his fans, it is to a woman, his soulmate.

That is what all us Michael Jackson women fans want iam sure but sadly i dont think so
    Anyone that "touched" him like that would surely still be in his life
  • uuuurrrghhh!
    this song just drives me nuts! i LOVE IT LOOOOOOOOOOOVE.
  • Randy Tamborelli, knows nothing !! That song was written and sung by Mchael to his girlfriend !!!
  • HopelessHopeless Posts: 278
    I also love the song very much and i am rearly speechless as i found a few days ago some articles about Michael Jackson and his friend from Hamburg/Germany, Anton Schleiter.
    He visits him and in much articles where noticed that Michael has written the song "Speechless" for Anton.
    He met him at a television show "Wetten dass" in germany, i think it must be 1995, Anton was there 11 or 12 years old.
    He visits MJ at Neverland and Michel was here in Hamburg ...there are some pictures from 2006.
    Here is the only english article i found from Anton and the song...here is noticed it was for him and his sister.
    <!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172714,00.html<!-- m -->
  • actually in a interview mike said he wrote the song after being around some children he also said he was embarrassed to say that because it was such a passionate song. if i can find the interview i will give you a link.
  • HopelessHopeless Posts: 278
    I would like to see the interview, thanks !
    The song is so full of passion, untill now i was sure it was written to a woman...
    Here is another article about Michael and the Schleiter family :
    <!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182 ... ?sub_secs=<!-- m -->
  • I could listen to this song all day on repeat It is just so breathtakingly beautiful. Definately one of the most beautiful songs he has written.
  • to me it is about the creator. it has the same feel as the dance poem from the dangerous album
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    And here's another slant but similar story. I, too, crazy love the song Speechless, and have heard the intereview where MJ says its to Anton and his sister. But I'm thinking it was just a prompter to spill out the already brewing emotion and creativity collected in his heart. His songs are always complex, in layers, and sibliminally directed to other people and situations. He may say something to the public or media, but keep some info private.

<!-- m -->http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... s%3Disch:1<!-- m -->