How many people are present at an autopsy?

Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
edited January 1970 in Medical Discussion
I'm not ashamed to say it, I don't really know anything about autopsies. Thank God.

Craig Harvey was asked who else was present "besides the M.E.", and said a police detective. However, "M.E." does not only mean the coroner, does it? How many people are present, does anybody know?

Comments

• mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    sorry i dont have any idea
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    Usually 2 people, the forensic pathologist and 1 assistent.
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    The assistant in this case would be Ed Winter? So him, the coroner, plus one police detective?
  • @Bee Bee- Are you asking because you want to figure out if it is customary for a relative of the deceased to be present at the autopsy? I'm asking because the other day it was mentioned on a thread that LaToya said she was present at Michael's autopsy.
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    @Bee Bee- Are you asking because you want to figure out if it is customary for a relative of the deceased to be present at the autopsy? I'm asking because the other day it was mentioned on a thread that LaToya said she was present at Michael's autopsy.

Oh, no, actually, I was just wondering how many people are involved. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> But if LaToya really said that, she's mad. She would've never been allowed to be there.