Easter / April 5th & Murray

Dancing_MachineDancing_Machine Posts: 826
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Are the courts really open on monday?

Cause here in Holland every store, court, school etc will be closed.

Is it really common that the courts are open on easter? It's a holiday right?

Comments

• open here in california.
  • WeAreOneWeAreOne Posts: 55
    Easter is on the 4th which is a Sunday.
  • All the courts?
  • Easter is on the 4th which is a Sunday.

Is it just 1 day in the America?
  • Easter is on the 4th which is a Sunday.

Is it just 1 day in the America?

Here in Holland we have two Easter days, just like with Christmas. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Wow the courts are open on Easter monday?
    Where I live everywhere closes down until about Wednesday. That's odd.
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    In the United States, depending on your religion, the Easter holiday season is celebrated for a long time and ending on Easter Sunday. Some religions will not follow all of these traditions. Businesses do not close for these at all.

Lent which is 40 days leading up to Easter (starting on Ash Wed)
    Palm Sunday happens during lent. (Sunday before Easter)
    Passover (Jewish Holiday)
    Good Friday (Black Friday, signifying Christ's crucifixion)
    Easter Sunday (Resurrection, Which would be the ultimate celebration), There is no such thing as "Easter Monday" here

Why does your culture celebrate Easter after the resurrection? Or is that not how that is told there?
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    hm, I'm really excited about if the next trial will be postponed, like it was with the first one <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • The court isn't open here neither is schools, government and municipalities services where I live.
    I need to restate the business thing. Easter Sunday does close some businesses. I was talking more about the long ones.
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    Here in Hungary we also celebrate Easter sunday and monday and stores and offices are closed for these days.
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    Here in Hungary we also celebrate Easter sunday and monday and stores and offices are closed for these days.

Same here....but yes, my aunt lives in America and there is only one day there, where she lives. It's the sunday.
  • Most stuff is closed here on Monday

Should be VERY interesting to say the least...
  • CameronCameron Posts: 956
    I live in the best country of the world <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Here in France we have 2 weeks of Easter Holidays (for school and students) <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Wow the courts are open on Easter monday?
    Where I live everywhere closes down until about Wednesday. That's odd.

Wow till wednesday? I should live in Ireland <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

So, Eastern is just for 1 day in America? Only on sunday?
    Cause I still find it a strange date for the trail.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    sorry folks, california's open. i'm working easter sunday and i have a class on monday. US sucks <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • sorry folks, california's open. i'm working easter sunday and i have a class on monday. US sucks <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

At least you guys got nice weather <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    It used to be that way here in the States as well. The politicians in the past few years have decided that is more polically correct not to show respect to one particular religion. It's ridiculous!
    It used to be that way here in the States as well. The politicians in the past few years have decided that is more polically correct not to show respect to one particular religion. It's ridiculous!

When was that? I can never remember something being closed on Monday for Easter.
  • Most government offices will be closed on Good Friday and will open back up on Monday, this is in the US.
  • hm, I'm really excited about if the next trial will be postponed, like it was with the first one <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I was listing to the LA civil rights chanel today, and they were discussing MJ and the trial and one of the presenters said that they had heard that the trial might be delayed from 5 April 2010 <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Its happened before. Maybe because of all the new revelations.

<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Edit link to the Civil Rights channel which mentioned Murrays Trial may be delayed from 5 April 2010.

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7938<!-- l --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I live in the best country of the world <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Here in France we have 2 weeks of Easter Holidays (for school and students) <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Sorry, I live in the best country of the world <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    5 days of official holidays,
    1 week vacation (if you take it or depending on the zone)
    8 days of celebrations,
    12 days of school holidays.

Spain is different <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I don´t know if someone win us about celebrations,
    for the best and for the worst.

Don´t feel sad Cameron, I´d like to have your social coberture!

But monday 5 is laboral day.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    In Australia, we are closed for good friday and easter monday 5th April. The school kids are on holidays here as well. I did watch the latest about lacra speaks out, and have posted a link here....you guys make me laugh <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> As always with love xox
  • Eva REva R Posts: 1,217
    sorry folks, california's open. i'm working easter sunday and i have a class on monday. US sucks <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

At least you guys got nice weather <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    yeah i am jealous!
  • cleaclea Posts: 145
    in Belgium, everything is closed on Sunday and Easter Monday and the students are on leave for 14 days <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->