whateverhappenswhateverhappens Posts: 304
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
look here
<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0419222831<!-- m -->

in the description he talks about mj

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Thanks for posting.
    Look at the key words. He wanted the ad to be found.
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    I would have kept this car forever but Michael’s untimely death makes it too painful to keep the car.

so the car MJ rode in is too painful to keep, but its ok to ask for the green jacket MJ wore...wouldnt that be too painful to wear? LOL sorry I just cant imagine a reason he would ask for it back in that way....

I think he just wants the most money 4 the car thus the MJ story, but he doesnt wanna seem like he's cashing in so he gives a sob story..JMO

thanks 4 posting btw
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    He mentions MJ so much that you would think that it was really MJs car being sold. Goodness...every other sentence referenced MJ. Now that's what I call milking a cash cow... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Klein is a spokesperson for MJ. Look at his sentences, re-read them. Look at the pictures.
    It is NOT by accident.
  • My first impression on this is Kleine is trying to make money off MJ but idk maybe there's more too it.
    "Willard" a favorite movie to MJ as stated by Arnie Klein on eBay Motors (did we ever doubt they would use the best traffic driven communication channels? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> ):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310357/plotsummary
    [Plot Summary for
    Willard (2003) More at IMDbPro »
    advertisement

This is the story of Willard Stiles who is a social misfit taking care of his ill and fragile but verbally abusive mother Henrietta in a musty old mansion that is also home to a colony of rats. Willard then finds himself constantly humiliated in front of his co-workers and is eventually fired by his cruel and uncaring boss, Mr. Frank Martin, a vicious man whose professional interest in Willard extends to a personal financial one. Written by Anthony Pereyra <hypersonic91@yahoo.com>

Willard is a social misfit who is made fun of by his co-workers. When he is squeezed out of the company started by his deceased father, his only friends become a couple of rats he's been raising at home. However, when one of the rats is killed at work, Willard goes on a rampage--exacting revenge by using his rats to attack those who have been tormenting him. Led by the unusually intelligent, and deadly rat, Ben, an army of rats descends upon the office, committing a series of grisley murders. Written by Sujit R. Varma

Willard is an awkward, inept young man ostracized by the world around him. His gloomy existance takes a turn for the weird, though, when he discovers that his connection with a pet rat has gained him acceptance among the ranks of rodentia, and soon, Willard is using his newfound army of vermin to get revenge on everyone who's done him wrong. Written by JoJo Mac ]

More to come....

On Lucerne Str. in Los Angeles, there is no house that would fit the photos as mansion for the movie Willard. It is pure industrial quarter with KV Mart, Studio Molding, In-Place Machining etc.

And: "Love, Faith, Hope & Community Church".

• smilessmiles Posts: 129
    OMG that guy is still trying to make a few buck's out of Michael name.. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    I recently bought a book on symbology and signs so I decided too look up Bat and Rat for the heck of it since the name caught my attention

Bat: In the west the bat is linked with vampiers, the devil, and witchcraft. Seen as part bird part RAT, it symbolizes Duplicity. American indians regard it as a rain-bringer.

Rat: In asia the rat is revered as a symbol of good luck and wealth. However, it is more commonly associated with death, decay and destruction.

and in chinese horoscope: 1960,1972,1984,1996
    Ambitious and hard-working the rat, which is a yang sign, is also shy and reserved.

not saying it means anything, I dont think it does...I just thought it was interesting so I wanted to share...
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    But I have to say, the car looks great....and it is only at 2.025 $ yet.....dammit I wish I'd had the money to buy that....
    I checked the "Willard" house further and it seems Arnie was not very precise... LOL
    It's located on South Lucerne Blvd, between Wilshire Blvd and W 6th St. in the neighbourhood of David Horowitz Freedom Center.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    well i find it very strange why would he sell it now it could be the money but he cant be broke and to mention the fil is unnessasary so why does he do that i hope it is a clue
  • foreverkingforeverking Posts: 206
    I live in Los angeles, and have been by that house many times on my way to work and yes it is located on the street listed. The area where Klein lives is Hancock Park which is a very upscale area of very old and very large mansions. That house is used often for other movies and t v shows because I use to see movie crews there once in a while.

What an interesting story he gives just to sell a car, makes you wonder about their friendship and how Klein is making money off of MJ. I don't think he's in on the hoax. He's just another one of MJ's friends whose true colors are showing now that they think MJ is dead.

We should keep an eye on the auction, I heard MJ loved to shop on Ebay. And he did love the truck.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    thats a good idea
    I looked into the added photos of the car and the mansion.

Mysteriously, there is a black & white photo of the car in front of the mansion (#11).
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/reviews/movies/WILLARD.DTL&type=printable

Interestingly the link states:
    [Pushed to the brink, Willard seeks revenge on his unrelenting supervisor, and what better way than to use the rats he realizes are multiplying in the dark basement of his house. The leader of these darker rodents is Ben, a cat-size animal who can eat through wood, rubber and metal in less than a minute. Ben's gang of Rodentia learn to enjoy eating the flesh of humans and other creatures -- but these scenes are more chipper than gruesome. When a cat gets loose in Willard's house, for example, it accidentally turns on the TV, which begins playing Michael Jackson's "Ben" song from the 1972 movie. ]

MJ had a rat named "Ben" and the song "Ben" is about this friend.

There is a connection between MJ, Ben and Willard.
    Why it is being told on occasion of a car sale?

Well, if I had to hide and no voice to speak in public, I would use newspapers (the web) and ads. This is a VERY good means to get a message across to your recepient who listens - and all others will think it is only about a car sale.
    This is hiding in the public eye.
  • Very very strange! We should keep an eye on this one

• Interestingly the link states:
    [Pushed to the brink, Willard seeks revenge on his unrelenting supervisor, and what better way than to use the rats he realizes are multiplying in the dark basement of his house. The leader of these darker rodents is Ben, a cat-size animal who can eat through wood, rubber and metal in less than a minute. Ben's gang of Rodentia learn to enjoy eating the flesh of humans and other creatures -- but these scenes are more chipper than gruesome. When a cat gets loose in Willard's house, for example, it accidentally turns on the TV, which begins playing Michael Jackson's "Ben" song from the 1972 movie. ]

Well, if I had to hide and no voice to speak in public, I would use newspapers (the web) and ads. This is a VERY good means to get a message across to your recepient who listens - and all others will think it is only about a car sale.

I agree with you, and I am convinced that Mr. Klein is not just telling a nice story to add some mystic aura to the car.

As far as I could find out, there was a earlier film named "Willard" from 1971. <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_%281971_film%29<!-- m -->

It was followed by the film "Ben" (1972) for which Michael perfomed the theme song.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_%28film%29<!-- m -->

Both films have interesting promotional posters:"What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning."

Together with the shopped pictures shown on the occassion of this auction, it is indeed creating an atmosphere of horror movies and nightmares, something Michael enjoyed very much and might want to make us enjoy. If we regard this hoax as a movie plot or a game, this could be a further chapter.
  • Wow! That Willard House is rather spectacular. I can imagine MJ liking it as he was into large, beautiful places that contained rich history. If it was spooky, cooler yet! I hope there is greater meaning to the story than mere sensationalism on Klein's part. That would make it exciting!
    The auction ended with a little more than 30,000 $ - just enough to pass the reserve price (stated in media in addition...)

Very unusual on eBay: the highest bid came in 4 days before end of auction.
    Usually the highest bid comes in only seconds before end of auction.
    This could mean that Arnie's car was not very popular to a broader public and not even to a "memory of MJ" buyer.
  • The auction ended with a little more than 30,000 $ - just enough to pass the reserve price (stated in media in addition...)

Very unusual on eBay: the highest bid came in 4 days before end of auction.
    Usually the highest bid comes in only seconds before end of auction.
    This could mean that Arnie's car was not very popular to a broader public and not even to a "memory of MJ" buyer.

Or it could just mean that few people have $30,000 laying around to spend on a vehicle. The economy is still in a rough spot for many people. It will be interesting to see who bought it..if we ever find out!
  • Willard was a favorite movie of MJ because he sang the movie's song ..... Ben when he was still a kid, before he was labled "weird", so this movies plot has no relavance to MJ's later life or why he liked it.
    As for the sentence about MJ and a close associate riding around together on Halloween...Didn't one of Arnold Kleins "associates" claim he had an affair with MJ and one of their dates was riding around in a car??? Could Arnold be using this to sell the car?
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357

Interestingly the link states:

I agree with you, and I am convinced that Mr. Klein is not just telling a nice story to add some mystic aura to the car.

As far as I could find out, there was a earlier film named "Willard" from 1971. <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willard_%281971_film%29<!-- m -->

It was followed by the film "Ben" (1972) for which Michael perfomed the theme song.
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_%28film%29<!-- m -->

Both films have interesting promotional posters:"What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning."

Together with the shopped pictures shown on the occassion of this auction, it is indeed creating an atmosphere of horror movies and nightmares, something Michael enjoyed very much and might want to make us enjoy. If we regard this hoax as a movie plot or a game, this could be a further chapter.

Thank you for adding this - very interesting!
    Random, but I wonder if Michael really went there in search of monsters & creatures?....
    Hmm, probably not and it is most likely just connecting the multiple and clearly purposed symbolic dots.

But I can´t help - I love the idea that he did.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Had Michael been riding in my car I'd never sell it for all the money in the world and I don't even have a driving license, lol!
  • FYI - Dr Klein had to put the truck back on auction. There is one bid so far with three days left in the bidding.

# I've had to put the SSR up on eBay again. The last auction had some children bidding on it. Bid now! <!-- m -->http://tinyurl.com/y57kxjb<!-- m --> Arnie 4:42 PM Apr 20th via web

<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=<!-- m -->
    Do we believe this? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • White_OrchidWhite_Orchid Posts: 406
    Edit