TIAI April 17

mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
edited January 1970 in TIAI
The newest redirect:

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/terms/#warranties<!-- m -->

Comments

• I went to TIAI just now and saw this! Hmm. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • mjssoulmatemjssoulmate Posts: 820
    I don't know what to make of this redirect. I skimmed through it, but nothing jumped out. Guess I'll have to take my time and actually read the whole thing.
    But not tonight. Gotta go nighty-night.
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    Oh yeah baby! This is exactly what I was talking about in my Blog post on Apr 9th! (http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/tabloidsgossipcall-to-action/)

Why do we believe what is in the tabloids anyway? It’s not like their hiding the fact that it’s not necessarily 100% true.

… right at the top… TMZ Celebrity Gossip.

GOSSIP

Definition: idle talk or rumor, esp. about the personal or private affairs of others

RUMOR

Definition: a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.dictionary.com<!-- m -->

So the redirect takes us to this...

Disclaimer of Warranties

YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TMZ.COM AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES AND OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, TMZ.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT TMZ.COM'S WEB SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM OR ANY SITES LINKED TO TMZ.COM IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. TMZ.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICE OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM WILL NOT INFINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND TMZ.COM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICE OR OTHER CONTENT OF TMZ.COM. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.

So blah blah blah... what does all that mean?

Their stories can be 110% inaccurate, have no stitch of truth to it, or worse yet, can be a little bit of truth mixed with a whole lot of LIES - either through completely fabricated stories or omission of facts - and they can't be held liable!

Ok but that's not even the kicker... check this out!

CNN.com (what most people see as a reliable source of news) - same disclaimer and they add "It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through CNN.com."

CBC.ca (my local source for the real news) - same thing

Washington Post - same thing

Bottom line - Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on the TV screen don't make it factual.

This is how we've been viewing our world, forming our beliefs and our beliefs have been based on LIES!

Thank you Michael for helping us to see the LIE in what we.....

believei.jpg
  • rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    Oh yeah baby! This is exactly what I was talking about in my Blog post on Apr 9th! (http://lilwendy.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/tabloidsgossipcall-to-action/)

Why do we believe what is in the tabloids anyway? It’s not like their hiding the fact that it’s not necessarily 100% true.

… right at the top… TMZ Celebrity Gossip.

GOSSIP

Definition: idle talk or rumor, esp. about the personal or private affairs of others

RUMOR

Definition: a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.dictionary.com<!-- m -->

So the redirect takes us to this...

Disclaimer of Warranties

YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TMZ.COM AND ALL THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES AND OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, TMZ.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT TMZ.COM'S WEB SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM OR ANY SITES LINKED TO TMZ.COM IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. TMZ.COM MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICE OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM WILL NOT INFINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND TMZ.COM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICE OR OTHER CONTENT OF TMZ.COM. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.

So blah blah blah... what does all that mean?

Their stories can be 110% inaccurate, have no stitch of truth to it, or worse yet, can be a little bit of truth mixed with a whole lot of LIES - either through completely fabricated stories or omission of facts - and they can't be held liable!

Ok but that's not even the kicker... check this out!

CNN.com (what most people see as a reliable source of news) - same disclaimer and they add "It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through CNN.com."

CBC.ca (my local source for the real news) - same thing

Washington Post - same thing

Bottom line - Just because you read it in a magazine or see it on the TV screen don't make it factual.

This is how we've been viewing our world, forming our beliefs and our beliefs have been based on LIES!

Thank you Michael for helping us to see the LIE in what we.....

believei.jpg

thx for post! I 100% agree <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> we have to stop buy those storys.. so.. thx again! ;D

peace and L.O.V.E
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Could this mean we don't buy into TMZ publications no more?

This would be a HURRAY day.

(Unfortunately I have reason to doubt that from this second on we will be laughing only about TMZ and alike.)
  • NickJ47NickJ47 Posts: 87
    Could this mean we don't buy into TMZ publications no more?

This would be a HURRAY day.

(Unfortunately I have reason to doubt that from this second on we will be laughing only about TMZ and alike.)

Someone will write a book about all of this one day. With HURRAY DAY and BAMSDAY...
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM OR ANY SITES LINKED TO TMZ.COM IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.

In other words: We post stuff but don't be mad if it's all not true (Like: 'Michael Jackson dies' for example)

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM OR ANY SITES LINKED TO TMZ.COM IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.

In other words: We post stuff but don't be mad if it's all not true (Like: 'Michael Jackson dies' for example)

Exactly! That's what I'm saying... ANYTHING on anywhere where we get our information from can be totally false and they don't have to worry about it! Including that Michael is dead... Tiger had an affair.... Elizabeth is getting engaged for the 9th time... you know? What is true and what isn't?
  • jm1lvmjjm1lvmj Posts: 81
    Souza and Lilwendy, thanks for the sum up of the TMZ double-talk. I totally agree with your posts. It is up to us to decide what to believe based on our own research. The ladies of THE VIEW had to retract and apologise for airing and gossiping about the Elizabeth Taylor engagement. They got their information from gossip with no verification, which led to embarrassing apologies. One Love.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    More candid users will need to start providing a manual to read between the lines and to learn how to decipher subliminal messages. So start by recommending them to all, when read information saying "what we heard from reliable sources", starting with doubt what they are reading.

Reliable sources given for everything. Provide any information required to discredit denigrate, abetting, conspiracy, defame, and are on hand for any use. There is no trade union disciplinary to place on your site, because that ethics is over time. <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • This is exactly why I think beLIEve has been used with this hoax. I've always thought it was so obvious that it was to make you question what you believe...then perhaps you see the big LIEs you've been fed. It is time people think for themselves. People believe in things but don't really know why. Is it because your family or friends believe in it? Were you "taught" it in school? Heard it on tv or in other media? There is a BIG difference between believing and knowing.

My mind and my heart often think different things. My heart has never lied to me and with all my heart I KNOW Michael has a loving and critical message that he is spreading throughout the world. THIS IS IT! I have faith in humanity and Michael does too! He is trying to show us that when we are awake and aware, there is HOPE. When you are aware of what is happening, you don't need to fear. Don't give your energy over to fear and let it control you. Focus your energy/thoughts on positive outcomes, and you will manifest them! The highest vibrational energy of all is LOVE...and that has always been Michael's message. When you think, feel and act differently you DO change the world. We Are Here To Change The World, We Are The World, we can Heal The World! Keep The Faith! This is a revolution towards a spiritual evolution. Make That Change <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

Love & Light to ALL

Blessed to have been,
    Touched By An Angel
    <!-- m -->http://twitter.com/TouchedByAngelM<!-- m -->

AliveForever.jpg

Paradigm Shift is a change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation. It is driven by agents of change... US!
  • TMZ.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIAL, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT IN TMZ.COM OR ANY SITES LINKED TO TMZ.COM IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.

Exactly! That's what I'm saying... ANYTHING on anywhere where we get our information from can be totally false and they don't have to worry about it! Including that Michael is dead... Tiger had an affair.... Elizabeth is getting engaged for the 9th time... you know? What is true and what isn't?

lonelyf.jpg
    This is correct: WHAT IS TRUE AND WHAT ISN'T????? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I confess that I often need the help of my friends BELIEVERS to fully understand the TIAI/TS messages ... We keep finding in TMZ our greatest means of communication, signs and clues ,that we may increasingly BELIEVE the HOAX and that our Michael is well and send us necessary&important messages. This is very good because HOPE&FAITH to remain with us more and more...
    BAM DAY IS NEAR...COMING SOON... I BELIEVE!!!!
    THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL...THE BEST IS YET TO COME....
    "...What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the BEGINNING..." BEGINNING OF L.O.V.E.
    L.O.V.E. for all friends, loyal BELIEVERS!!!

PLEASE watch:
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGISPbnxBQ<!-- m -->
    @MJalive999 - Michael Jackson is NOT Dead: L.O.V.E is the answer!
    WONDERFUL MESSAGE BELIEVERS!
  • JacksonologyJacksonology Posts: 1,548

thanks souza i didn't understand this at first...
  • cawobethcawobeth Posts: 135
    thanks lilwendy - - -
    I think what you say is the whole point to TMZ; reporters is not held accountable & don't have to be because they have these BS disclaimers to back them up.
    I think TMZ's purpose is just to incite inquiry & reaction; nothing more & nothing less.