Rankings

I think some rankings on the forum would be nice. like on the other forum. like new memember, Silver memember, Gold memember, Diamond memember. like it goes by how many Post you have.

Comments

• What for?
  • JacksonologyJacksonology Posts: 1,548
    What for?
    mmm idk it would be interesting......
  • I think it would be discriminating Jacksonology,
    And kinda hierarchical.
    We have more important things to do <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I think it would be discriminating Jacksonology,
    And kinda hierarchical.
    We have more important things to do <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    well somekindofsign it's just something i threw out there, and i don't think it will be that bad, might motivate the forum to keep posting!
  • May also cause many other things.
    I know you´re throwing out... that´s why I give you my opinion.
    May also cause many other things.
    I know you´re throwing out... that´s why I give you my opinion.
    no offense taken!
  • I know... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I think it'd be kinda nice. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    It would help me beat the shyness I have on posting on important treads.
    <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    I like it.
  • would that be a cause for ppl to act "a prating fool?" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> (unnecessary comments?)
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Ranking systems are really fun on message boards, but I think this forum is far too serious to create members a reason to spam in order to boost themselves. It's not a popularity contest anyway....
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    agree with Sangre
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    Agree with Sangre and MashMike.

I don't see the point in having a ranking system. The only purpose is to build up someone in their own mind and in the eyes of others. That's not what this site is about.

I could post 5,000 times and become a Gold member, but half of those posts could say just:
    <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

So Gold, Platinum, whatever = empty titles.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    That is not going to happen for the simple reason that people will post unimportant stuff just to post and get a new rank. It's not important how many posts you have. You can have 6000 posts and never really contributed something, all like 'OMG what a nice picture' and stuff like that, or you can have 20 very long investigated posts with very good information. To me that person with the 20 good posts deserves the status diamond member, not the one with the 6000 posts. It's not important how many posts you have, it's about the work you put into it and the info you provide.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

This discussion has been closed.