Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and ...

edited January 1970 in News
Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames King of Pop foes for his death
DAVID HINCKLEY

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 4:00 AM

alg_jackson_jones.jpg
Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames his detractors for his death.

Aphrodite Jones' "investigative report" on the late Michael Jackson turns out to be the admiring, near-reverential portrait Jackson once hoped to get from Martin Bashir.

Bashir is the British journalist Jackson let into his life after the pop star was buffeted by child-abuse allegations in the 1990s.

The tacit understanding was that Bashir would use his unprecedented access to show the world Michael was a kind person who loved children and would never harm them.

Instead, Bashir famously decided during the filming that there really was something troubling about Jackson's relationship with kids, and his 2003 TV documentary fed the tabloid fire, rather than quenching it.

Jones, who covered Jackson's 2005 child-molestation trial for Fox News, says Thursday that she was also among those who believed Jackson was guilty.

Not anymore.

Jones uses this hour to rip Bashir and everyone else who ever insinuated that Jackson's interest in children was anything other than loving and healthy.

Nor does she stop with simply defending Jackson's reputation. She charges that Bashir, the prosecution and the media in general might as well have put a gun to Jackson's head because she plants his death in June 2009 squarely at their feet.

Specifically, she and several of her interview subjects say, the cloud from these allegations was the main reason Jackson had trouble sleeping, which is what started him on the cycle of pills that eventually killed him.

While Thursday's show isn't entirely linear, it generally starts in the early '90s, when Jackson faced his first charges of child abuse.

He eventually paid a settlement to the family of that accuser, explaining that he just wanted to avoid an O.J. Simpson-style trial. Jones strongly suggests that cash was all his accuser's family wanted from him anyway.

The Jackson family didn't participate in Thursday's show and, as it turns out, didn't have to, since Michael and his memory get unconditional love and an aggressive defense from people like his manager, Frank DiLeo, and his lawyer, Tom Mesereau.

Mesereau even takes the hit for the infamous morning when Jackson came to court wearing pajama bottoms. Mesereau explains that Jackson was sick that day, but that the judge was so angry, Mesereau advised his client to get to court anyhow - and with only 45 minutes to do so, he had no time to change.

Why someone in Jackson's position couldn't arrange to rendezvous with a pair of pants may seem a mild puzzle. No petty detail like that, however, derails or slows Jones, whose show may have started as an investigation but ends up as a love letter.

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... _deat.html<!-- m -->

Comments

• another "reporter" who builds her career on the back of Mike....just gotta "love" them lol
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    What a surly article! Now they attack her for defending him! Disgusting!
  • another "reporter" who builds her career on the back of Mike....just gotta "love" them lol

I think you should do some research on Aphrodite Jones. If you had done that, you wouldn't have said "another "reporter" who builds her career on the back of Mike". Start with reading the book Michael Jackson Conspiracy, she wrote it, and she is the ONLY reporter who wrote a book on what REALLY happened during that trial. Aphrodite Jones is doing a fabulous job, I greatly appreciate her efforts and I applaud her.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    another "reporter" who builds her career on the back of Mike....just gotta "love" them lol

I think you should do some research on Aphrodite Jones. If you had done that, you wouldn't have said "another "reporter" who builds her career on the back of Mike". Start with reading the book Michael Jackson Conspiracy, she wrote it, and she is the ONLY reporter who wrote a book on what REALLY happened during that trial. Aphrodite Jones is doing a fabulous job, I greatly appreciate her efforts and I applaud her.
    (Sorry for my poor English:) Agree. I read her book and it's great. The only thing I disagree with her is when she says (and she said that a few times) that Michaels spirit was broken after the trial. I think he recovered and I think he maybe was stronger than ever and developed his power and spirituality even more in recent years.
    But except that, she did a great job, everyone should read her book.
  • I saw on the blurb last night on LKL she did an exclusive blog post on his "death and murder" on LK's page...cannot find it though....is it more of the same? Anyone know?
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I saw on the blurb last night on LKL she did an exclusive blog post on his "death and murder" on LK's page...cannot find it though....is it more of the same? Anyone know?
    <!-- m -->http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010 ... more-19895<!-- m -->
  • I saw on the blurb last night on LKL she did an exclusive blog post on his "death and murder" on LK's page...cannot find it though....is it more of the same? Anyone know?
    <!-- m -->http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010 ... more-19895<!-- m -->

What a dork iam! Thank you!

Lots of MJ supporters on there too. It's great
  • I like her and I wish there were more reporters like her.
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Aphrodite Jones defends Michael Jackson and blames King of Pop foes for his death

Now that is a catchy and thought-provoking headline.

Here's a laugh for the day.Wouldn't it be funny if MJ were disguising himself as Aphrodite Jones during these programs?
  • deedee75deedee75 Posts: 192
    I am going to watch her show tonight I hope everybody tune in and support her because the hater is already trying to bring her down.
  • karralynkarralyn Posts: 43
    I read her book,"conspiracy" about MJ, and it is an excellent book, and she is certainly in MJ's corner. Hats off to her!!!
    karralyn
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    I hopped she would do some hoax research to become believer after my 2 emails to her where I also wrote the address of this site for sources. But she deserves credits anyway.
    Could it be possible she has a contact with MJ and helps to completely clear his name? Just thoughts, going crazy I guess. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • ejayejay Posts: 455
    God, i love that woman and all the hard work she's doing in honor of MJ and his innocence. If only EVERYONE would just listen to her.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    I like her and I wish there were more reporters like her.
    God bless you, Karen! Well said, hon! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> She is an awesome woman and a credit to her profession and her field. God bless you, Aphrodite, for your love, your defense, and your support of our beloved MJ. xxx

by ejay » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 am

God, i love that woman and all the hard work she's doing in honor of MJ and his innocence. If only EVERYONE would just listen to her.

I just love your beautiful comment, Ejay! Well said! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> God bless you, Ejay!xxx
  • OK so I watched it and I love Tom M.!! ONE thing I caught that I need to bring up...at the end..they say that When Michael passed that he was 5.9 and weighed 136 and had Bedsores, and that they developed after the trial of 2005???? WHAT?? bedsores happen with extended time in same position in bed?? I never heard this and am confused about this??