Help!!...Trouble Uploading Avatar

HeatheretteHeatherette Posts: 90
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Hey y'all...

I've been here for 4 month's and I have yet to upload an avatar or a signature photo...Not that I don't want to, it's because
I don't know where to get photo's that meet the width and height requirements!...
When I've finally found photo's that are small enough, then I get a warning like this:

'The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector.'

I've seen member's on here with all kind's of cute sunflower's, sexy MJ photo's and even fun animated one's, but I can't seem to freakin' upload a thing!!...So can someone please....tell me where I can get size appropriate pic's and tell me how I can upload photo's at the bottom where the signature go's? Thank's, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• _Dangerous__Dangerous_ Posts: 362
    mm, try with Paint ?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

No idea..! i had the same problem ... i choose plenty of avatars.. and the one that worked out.. was this one XD
  • HeatheretteHeatherette Posts: 90
    mm, try with Paint ?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

No idea..! i had the same problem ... i choose plenty of avatars.. and the one that worked out.. was this one XD

<!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> Not fair!!!...Why do you want to tease me? You got sunflower's, a sexy MJ pic and a animated one!...Okay, so I understand you go to User Control Panel first, then you click on Profile, and then Edit Signature, am I right?...I went to Edit Signature but all I saw was a box to write text in. Where is the component's to add a photo, ect.?!...I don't understand how you all are doing it. Can you or somebody please give me the step by step process on how to upload a signature photo? And please tell me where the hell you guy's are getting your photo's so I can finally show some love to MJ too. I would appreciate it, from one MJ fan to another. Help a sista out!
  • SyringaSyringa Posts: 498
    How to upload a signature photo:
    Ok, now, here we go step by step I hope I'm able to help you:

Step 1
    Choose a photo (animated or not) you want to upload as your signature. The photo can't be over 631 pixels wide.

Step 2
    Go to this website: <!-- m -->http://imageshack.us/<!-- m -->
    Browse your picture and click "Upload now". After a while you'll see few links where you should choose the "Direct link".
    asdo.png
    Copy this link.

Step 3
    Now back to the forum and to your "user control panel".
    Here, first click "Profile" and "Edit signature".
    Now you see a big white box in front of you.
    Use this code:
    &#91;img&#93;the link to your signature photo&#91;/img&#93;

Put the link that you previously copied from Imageshack between the code above. Don't forget the brackets from the code.

Step 4
    Click "Submit".
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    To make an avatar:

1- Click here Avatar

2- Select the pic from your machine.

3- Put "90" in the "Set the avatar size" box.

4- Click "Resize"... And there you go, an avatar!. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Thank you sooooo much Syringa!!..I Love You!!!...I really do appreciate your help. You're so sweet!!
    (Now I have to find Photo's big enough, LOL)
    How to upload a signature photo:
    Ok, now, here we go step by step I hope I'm able to help you:

Step 1
    Choose a photo (animated or not) you want to upload as your signature. The photo can't be over 631 pixels wide.

Step 2
    Go to this website: <!-- m -->http://imageshack.us/<!-- m -->
    Browse your picture and click "Upload now". After a while you'll see few links where you should choose the "Direct link".
    asdo.png
    Copy this link.

Step 3
    Now back to the forum and to your "user control panel".
    Here, first click "Profile" and "Edit signature".
    Now you see a big white box in front of you.
    Use this code:
    &#91;img&#93;the link to your signature photo&#91;/img&#93;

Put the link that you previously copied from Imageshack between the code above. Don't forget the brackets from the code.

Step 4
    Click "Submit".

--

And there you go. I can resize a photo for you if you want to. Just give me any photo and I'll do the step 2 for you. I can also do a signature similiar to mine if you just give me your favorite MJ pictures. ; )
    Thank's for your help too, mjj29081958!!...I love you guy's!! Big hug and kiss.
    To make an avatar:

1- Click here Avatar

2- Select the pic from your machine.

3- Put "90" in the "Set the avatar size" box.

4- Click "Resize"... And there you go, an avatar!. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • SyringaSyringa Posts: 498
    Thank you sooooo much Syringa!!..I Love You!!!...I really do appreciate your help. You're so sweet!!
    (Now I have to find Photo's big enough, LOL)

No problem! :3 Always happy to help!
    I Love You Too!