JERMAINE AND PRINCE MICHAEL REHEARSING IN WASHINGTON?

chappiechappie Posts: 529
edited January 1970 in News
http://movies.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/6002492.cms

Music maestro AR Rahman is all geared up for his world tour ‘AR Rahman Jai Ho concert’. It kicks off on June 11 in New York at the famous Nassau Coliseum arena.

When Rahman was amidst rehearsals at Washington DC, he received some very special visitors - they were Michael Jackson’s elder brother Jermaine and his son, Prince Michael Jackson.

A source reveals, “Rahman was practicing for his upcoming concert at Patriot Centre and by a coincidence, Jermaine and Prince were rehearsing in an adjoining hall at the same venue. As soon as they learnt about Rahman’s presence, they decided to pay him a visit. The late pop star’s son Prince told Rahman that he loved Jai Ho. Rahman immediately extended a personal invitation to the Jackson family to attend his concert.”

Rahman, a self–confessed fan of Michael Jackson, had issued a very emotional statement following the pop legend’s untimely demise. Michael’s family, by extension, holds an equally special place in Rahman’s heart.

Elaborating on the special bond between Rahman and Michael, our source adds, “Not many people know that when Rahman won the Oscar, Michael Jackson had personally called to congratulate him and invite him for lunch where he introduced Rahman to his family and three children. The King of Pop liked the Jai Ho track so much that he had expressed a desire to work with Rahman. He had specifically liked the chord arrangement of the Oscar-winning song. Subsequently, Rahman made several trips to Los Angeles, but destiny had other plans.”

Rahman, who is currently in LA, confirms, “Yes I had a chance meeting with Jermaine Jackson in Washington DC during the time I was rehearsing there. We exchanged pleasantries.”

CHAPPIE

Comments

• eviltwineviltwin Posts: 154
    rehearsing for WHICH venue I wonder?
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    JERMAINE AND PRINCE MICHAEL REHEARSING FOR WHAT???
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I've been expecting news from Jermaine as he's been very quiet lately. Strange news though. Wonder what Prince is rehearsing and for what?
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    I am familiar with the Patriot Center since it isn't very far from me. I checked their website for upcoming events and found no listing for Rahman's "upcoming" concert. The calandar is set up to announce events well into the end of the year. What's up with that?
    http://movies.indiatimes.com/rssarticleshow/6002492.cms

Music maestro AR Rahman is all geared up for his world tour ‘AR Rahman Jai Ho concert’. It kicks off on June 11 in New York at the famous Nassau Coliseum arena.

When Rahman was amidst rehearsals at Washington DC, he received some very special visitors - they were Michael Jackson’s elder brother Jermaine and his son, Prince Michael Jackson.

A source reveals, “Rahman was practicing for his upcoming concert at Patriot Centre and by a coincidence, Jermaine and Prince were rehearsing in an adjoining hall at the same venue. As soon as they learnt about Rahman’s presence, they decided to pay him a visit. The late pop star’s son Prince told Rahman that he loved Jai Ho. Rahman immediately extended a personal invitation to the Jackson family to attend his concert.”

Rahman, a self–confessed fan of Michael Jackson, had issued a very emotional statement following the pop legend’s untimely demise. Michael’s family, by extension, holds an equally special place in Rahman’s heart.

Elaborating on the special bond between Rahman and Michael, our source adds, “Not many people know that when Rahman won the Oscar, Michael Jackson had personally called to congratulate him and invite him for lunch where he introduced Rahman to his family and three children. The King of Pop liked the Jai Ho track so much that he had expressed a desire to work with Rahman. He had specifically liked the chord arrangement of the Oscar-winning song. Subsequently, Rahman made several trips to Los Angeles, but destiny had other plans.”

Rahman, who is currently in LA, confirms, “Yes I had a chance meeting with Jermaine Jackson in Washington DC during the time I was rehearsing there. We exchanged pleasantries.”

CHAPPIE
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I wonder what they were rehearsing for?????
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    maybe they're goin' to give a big tribute on June25 and Prince is also goin' to take part?don't know but it's possible
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Adventurous AR Rahman to don the Michael Jackson look on stage

AR Rahman is all set to carry the Michael Jackson look on stage during his ‘AR Rahman Jai Ho: The Journey Home World Tour 2010’, which will kick-start on June 11 in New York and travel to over 20 major arenas and cities worldwide. Designer Ritu Beri, who has been asked to style the wardrobe for Rahman and his entire troupe, informed a news daily that the Mozart of Madras’s look will be modelled after late pop star Michael Jackson for one of the numbers.

Talking about the maestro, Beri said, “I think he has evolved from the blacks and whites and has changed his sartorial style very much. We have experimented with burgundy jackets and a lot of stripes. In fact, one of his looks is so much like Michael Jackson, as he dons a nice cap and a long jacket.”

26274_364891788814_268172318814_3660321_1246004_n.jpg

“Working with a composer of Rahman’s calibre has been very exciting and it was a prestigious assignment. Designing for him is a unique experience as he is so simple and down-to-earth and just lets the creative people do their job,” she added further.

The designer, who has also designed for former United States president Bill Clinton, iconic pop star Cher, and a host of other Hollywood and Bollywood celebrities said, “It’s always the Indian element which brings excitement to my designs. There are over 300 clothes, which spell youthful modernity and have a distinctively Indian touch with a new, modern presentation.”
  • lynnandsofeelynnandsofee Posts: 243
    The "JOURNEY HOME" <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> World Tour <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Huh!?!?....Rehearsing for WHAT?!...And why in DC?...What are they up to?!... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I am familiar with the Patriot Center since it isn't very far from me. I checked their website for upcoming events and found no listing for Rahman's "upcoming" concert. The calandar is set up to announce events well into the end of the year. What's up with that?
    I believe he was practicing at the Patriot Center,
    but performing at the Nassau Coliseum arena.
    Would they have a listing for a practice?
    I hope they would so we can make sure this all
    REALLY went down, because it seems unlikely.
    Jermaine and Prince? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    If Jermaine can't sponge fame off of Michael,
    I guess he'll have to get it from Prince..
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
    I see a lot of commercials for this rehman's concerts all over US and Canada and trust me I think rehman is trying to board the 'making money/publicity in MJ's name' train. He's even shown in some similar poses as MJ in some commercials. I didn't find these commercials online but if I do I'll post them so you can see what I mean. I think he's tryig to be him.. Why can't people be original, why act like mj just to be as popular as him. These artists forget that it is his incomparable talent and an awsome personality that makes mj the man he is. Plz stop trying to sell concert tiks usig his name. It's like suddenly we have all these artists comin up whom MJ wanted to work with.. WTH!!
  • Didn't someone on here mention that one of the previews (the one about Obama)? It went something like "Michael is hiding in the White House and Obama is heling him with this hoax..."... I don't know; it went something like this. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • HoaxornotHoaxornot Posts: 100
    Jermaine just came back a few days ago from Gambia where he did a concert sang a few of his songs and all the rest MJ and Jackson 5 songs
    MJ's drummer and guitarist were there as well as JJ's kids, wife and mother in law
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    Didn't someone on here mention that one of the previews (the one about Obama)? It went something like "Michael is hiding in the White House and Obama is heling him with this hoax..."... I don't know; it went something like this. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Michael getting help from the government? I doubt it so much...
    I mean..this part about hiding in the White House sounds surreal to me ;/