Michael/Janet singing Nothing

ElsaElsa Posts: 341
Remember Michael's voice in Janet's performance of Nothing?

[youtube:1ofmr444]

June 6

Well, I thought this was Michael singing Nothing but now I have to agree that it's probably Janet. I found using Audacity that Janet's voice can be altered to sound like Michael. I didn't get it exactly the same as the video linked above and I still thought I heard some differences but maybe I was comparing two different versions of Janet's song. ?

It's <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> their voices can be so similar.

Comments

• RKRK Posts: 3,019
    absolutely beautiful
  • To me this sounds like the original recording just slowed down and/or the key lowered. I do think Michael is singing on Janet's track of this song but I don't think this is a seperate recording.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    Still sounds like Janet to me.
  • The song its edited...Janet's voice was slowed down <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> nice try
  • The song its edited...Janet's voice was slowed down <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> nice try
    Yes, the pitch of her voice has been lowered to make it sound like Michael. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    The song its edited...Janet's voice was slowed down <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> nice try
    Yes, the pitch of her voice has been lowered to make it sound like Michael. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Well, in the original recording I hear Janet, but I think I hear someone else as well. This edit shows how their voices are pretty the same.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    I never actually thought that was Michael. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I still stand by the fact that Janet
    looks and sounds a lot like Michael.
  • Sounds like MICHAEL in parts to me especially when she sang it live on American Idol
    I hear HIS voice in that song.

To me it would be ridiculous for the producers to slow her voice down or whatever to MAKE her sound like Michael when they could have gotten the real deal which i believe is why Michael's voice is on that song
  • SyringaSyringa Posts: 498
    Hmmh... I don't know if I hear Michael in this song. When I heard it for the first time I thought instantly that it sounded just like MJ, but I don't know anymore. I've listened to some of Janet's songs and I gotta say that her voice is so similiar to Michael's.
    When I was once listening to this songs from my speakers, my brother (who is a MJ hater of some sort -.-) kicked my door and ran inside yelling that: "I can't stand the voice of that *insert every corrupted media rumor here*". So he heard it too. He isn't familiar with Michael's voice, ofc, but... I don't know, I just thought that if even my ignorant brother can hear it, then... Who knows!
  • I know this is old news, but since it was revisited again today

<!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14081&p=235000&hilit=janet+song+nothing#p235000<!-- l -->

and I never got to comment on it...

So yes, I always thought and definitely believe still that we can hear Michael singing here. For me it's not just about their voices sounding very similar, I clearly hear two people singing! Yes, I can be wrong, I admit it, but I do trust my ears -they're definitely better than my sight and my sense of direction lol!

Also there's that little something in my stomach, and the rising of hairs... and although that is entirely subjective, for me it means a lot!Use headphones and press them hard against your ears <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

I copied down the lyrics and highlighted the bits where I believe is MJ singing. In bold: I think it's MJ, red: it has to be MJ! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

There’s something I wanna say
    Something that I’ve been holding back
    Can’t let it go another day
    Let me start by saying that

Nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, means more than the truth.

And truth is that I realize, love is fading from your eyes
    Don’t know how it came to this, but we gonna get it fixed tonight
    Cus nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, is worth losing you

Tell me what could the problem be, that’s got you drinking way too much
    What could it be ’bout us

Don’t you tell me not right now, I can’t let it go

(I can’t let it go, no I can’t let it go, Oh nooo)

What can I do to help you see,
    That there’s no need for jealousy or insecurities

I’ll do anything you want
    You can even have the password to my phone

Because nothing, nothing
    Should come between us
    Trust in me
    Trust in me

We should cherish every moment like it’s the last
    Trust in me
    Trust in me

If your issues is with trust, hear me when I tell you this
    No one else has shared my love, no one else has had your kiss

Nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, can make me forget.

(Noooo)

Forget that you’re a good man and I know that you’ve had it hard
    Cus you’re more than adequate, you’re more than I wish for

Nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, can make you any less.

Tell me what could the problem be, the past is something I can’t change
    It’s a brand new day

Don’t you tell me not right now, I can’t let it go
    (I can’t let it go, no I can’t let it go, Oh nooo)

We’ve got to fix this, fix this right this minute
    Only pure love can calm the noise
    Cus baby when we give pure love
    Pure love will never come back to us void

Because nothing, nothing
    Should come between us
    Trust in me
    Trust in me

We should cherish every moment like it’s the last

Trust in me
    Trust in me

Then again it can all be down to wishful thinking. But certain feelings within yourself you gotta trust...

And, oh yes, how well does this fit in with the hoax...

We’ve got to fix this, fix this right this minute
    Only pure love can calm the noise
    Cus baby when we give pure love
    Pure love will never come back to us void

PS. I did it with BOTH the original and the transposed version
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    Mike and Janet do sound alot alike, but i NEVER heard Janet sound this much like Mike...it may just be me but i distinctly hear Janet than Mike...i could be wrong though...sure as hell wouldn't be a first <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->