Revealing New Documentary on the Death of Michael Jackson

HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
edited January 1970 in News
Revealing New Documentary on the Death of Michael Jackson to Premiere on TV Guide Network

GONE TOO SOON To Air In More Than 50 Countries On The Anniversary of The King of Pop's Death, June 25

LOS ANGELES, Jun 10, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --TV Guide Network to Premiere GONE TOO SOON from 9:00-11:00 pm, ET/PT

As a performer, he was legendary. As a man, he was a mystery.

Now, with the help of acclaimed author and filmmaker Ian Halperin, many of the questions surrounding Michael Jackson's death will receive new light in the two-hour special, GONE TOO SOON, premiering in the U.S. on Friday, June 25 from 9-11 PM, ET/PT on TV Guide Network. In an unprecedented global TV event, this documentary, which is distributed by Shine International, will also air on the same day in more than 50 countries.

Conceived as a follow-up to Halperin's 2009 New York Times #1 best-selling book Unmasked: The Final Years Of Michael Jackson, GONE TOO SOON examines the end of Jackson's life, as told by the people who attended to him each day. In addition, Halperin goes undercover in the film with some of Jackson's closest advisors to uncover what their secret thoughts and feelings may reveal about his untimely death. Exhaustive in its research and material, GONE TOO SOON is drawn from more than 300 hours of footage shot before and immediately following Jackson's death.

As one of the top unauthorized biographers in publishing today, Halperin leaves no stone unturned, interviewing everyone who was close to Jackson in his final years, including his personal manager, chef, spiritual advisor, hairstylist and bodyguard. The film also includes exclusive audio and video of the King of Pop himself.

Halperin, who predicted Michael Jackson's death six months before he died, spent over five years researching Jackson, during which he discovered a remarkable, yet unknown story. After Jackson's death, Halperin set out to discover the truth, and interviewed people close to Jackson during the last weeks of Michael's life, including Dr. Deepak Chopra, Lou Ferrigno and Brian Oxman, providing for the first time ever a vivid, behind-the-scenes account of what really happened.

"I couldn't see GONE TOO SOON airing on any other channel besides TV Guide Network," said Halperin. "With the success they had with the Susan Boyle special, this proved to be the right home not only for the movie but also for my brand. I hope this is a long lasting relationship."

"Michael Jackson was the biggest entertainer in the world," stated Diane Robina, TV Guide Network's Executive Vice President of Programming and Marketing. "A year after his death, people are still fascinated with his life story. We're thrilled to participate in this global media event by presenting this gripping documentary to his fans across the U.S."

"Michael Jackson remains the biggest celebrity in the world, and on the anniversary of his death, fans around the world will be given a new glimpse into his life via GONE TOO SOON," said Chris Grant, President of Shine International. "At Shine International, we're always seeking breakthrough, original content that will resonate with global audiences. With this documentary airing in more than 50 countries, we've once again proven that, with our strong broadcaster relationships, we have the ability to create international TV events."

Global TV distribution company Shine International is distributing the documentary on behalf of Ian Halperin Productions and Objective Films, to air on the same day as part of a worldwide media event to commemorate Michael Jackson's death. In addition to TV Guide Network in the U.S., it will air on the following outlets: Discovery across Latin America; Brazil's Globosat; Germany's ProSieben SAT 1 Media; Fox International Channels Italy; Fox International Channels Greece; Fox International Channels Turkey; New Zealand's Mediaworks; Romania's Antenna1; Australia's FOXTEL; Ireland's RTE; Norway's TVNorge; South Africa's MNET; TV3 in Denmark; CPI in the Philippines; and MBC across the Middle East, as part of an ongoing output deal.

A production of Ian Halperin Productions and Objective Films, GOON TOO SOON is produced by Ian Halperin, Chris Grant, Jarred Weisfeld, and Sarah Girgis.

About TV Guide Network

TV Guide Network is the true entertainment insider and the only network that celebrates Hollywood, its stars and the shows that fans adore. Committed to buzz-worthy, breakout programming and a rich, multi-platform viewing experience, TV Guide Network is seen in more than 80 million homes nationwide and online at TVGuide.com, a one-stop fan destination serving 21 million unique users per month. TV Guide Network is home to some of America's fan-favorite series including "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Ugly Betty" and "American Idol Rewind." The network also takes fans behind-the-scenes of Hollywood with original programming that delivers the latest news on entertainment and pop culture, as well as live coverage of the industry's biggest events such as the Red Carpet at the Academy Awards(R) and Primetime Emmy(R) Awards. TV Guide Network, TVGuide.com and the TV Guide brand are owned by Lionsgate (LGF 7.05, +0.05, +0.71%) , the leading next-generation studio, which produces the award-winning series "Mad Men" and "Weeds" and co-produces the acclaimed "Nurse Jackie," and One Equity Partners, the private equity arm of JPMorgan Chase.

About Shine International

Shine International is the sales and distribution arm of the Shine Group, a leading independent production and distribution company focused on exploiting worldwide intellectual property rights through scripted and alternative television formats. Shine International distributes programming from the growing library of programming of the Shine Group, including Reveille, Kudos, Dragonfly, Princess Productions and Metronome, along with a broad array of programming acquired from independent producers and U.S. networks, to more than 150 countries worldwide.

For additional press information and photography, visit TV Guide Network's press room at: <!-- w -->www.tvguidenetworkpr.com<!-- w -->.

* * * INTERVIEWS WITH IAN HALPERIN ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST * * *

SOURCE: TV Guide Network

Comments

• Noooooooo! Why on earth is anyone letting this Ian guy make this film? His book was trash. And to air it on the anniversary... dead or alive, that's just disrespectful. I just don't trust that guy.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Noooooooo! Why on earth is anyone letting this Ian guy make this film? His book was trash. And to air it on the anniversary... dead or alive, that's just disrespectful. I just don't trust that guy.

:evil: I HOPE MICHAEL COME BAKC THAT DAY AT THE SAME HOUR SO LET´S SEE WHO WILL BE WATCHING THIS CRAP!!! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    I WILL be viewing the documentary.
    LISTEN to what the sources say and how they say it. YOU can be your own
    truth seeker. Ian Halperin is NOT out to hurt Michael Jackson, I DO
    believe he want the truth as close as possible.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136

<!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> I WILL BE WATCHING TOO IF MJ DIDN´T CAMEBACK... AND IF SOME CHANNEL PUT THIS ON MY COUNTRY... I WAS JUST EXPRESING MY DESIRES TO HIM HERE, WITH US... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> I DON´T LIKE IAN BUT YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT BE MY OWN TRUTH SEEKER...
    BUT TELL ME SOMETHING: IF MJ CAME BACK, WHAT YOU WILL BE Watching? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I'll watch it too, just like I read his BS book. But that doesn't mean I have to believe it.
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    Can u tell the pshyco michael is not gay
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Halperin, who predicted Michael Jackson's death six months before he died, spent over five years researching Jackson, during which he discovered a remarkable, yet unknown story. After Jackson's death, Halperin set out to discover the truth, and interviewed people close to Jackson during the last weeks of Michael's life, including Dr. Deepak Chopra, Lou Ferrigno and Brian Oxman, providing for the first time ever a vivid, behind-the-scenes account of what really happened.

That is the question that I would like to be answered by Mister Halperin. How were you privy to such personal info about MJ;s "supposed" death. That is what you need to reveal to MJ fans since you claimed to have predicted his "supposed" death with such accuracy, Mister Halperin. Also why did you stood back and did not help MJ if he was supposedly dying. I really wonder how you live with yourself, Mister Halperin. It is for the Almighty Dollar that you sell your lies and hurt MJ, his family, his children, and his loyal fans. I will never believe any of your lies or the tabloid press regarding MJ. He is a child of God, and I love him with my whole heart. I will continue to pray and look for the truth regarding our beloved MJ. I will not rest until I have the truth. I have a very special dedication for you, Mr. Halperin:

"Money"

Money.
    Money...
    Lie for it
    Spy for it
    Kill for it
    Die for it
    So you call it trust
    But I say it's just
    In the devil's game
    Of greed and lust
    They don't care
    They'd do me for the money
    They don't care
    They use me for the money
    So you go to church
    Read the Holy word
    In the scheme of life
    It's all absurd
    They don't care
    They'd kill for the money
    Do or dare
    The thrill for the money
    You're saluting the flag
    Your country trusts you
    Now you're wearing a badge
    You're called the "Just Few"
    And you're fighting the wars
    A soldier must do
    I'll never betray or deceive you my friend but...
    If you show me the cash
    Then I will take it
    If you tell me to cry
    Then I will fake it
    If you give me a hand
    Then I will shake it
    You'll do anything for money...
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Even sell my soul to the devil
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Insurance?
    Where do your loyalties lie?
    Is that your alibi?
    I don't think so
    You don't care
    You'd do her for the money
    Say it's fair
    You sue her for the money
    Want your pot of gold
    Need the Midas touch
    Bet you sell your soul
    Cuz your God is such
    You don't care
    You kill for the money
    Do or dareThe thrill for the money
    Are you infected with the same disease
    Of lust, gluttoney and greed?
    Then watch the ones
    With the biggest smiles
    The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers
    If you know it's a lie
    Then you will swear it
    If you give it with guilt
    Then you will bear it
    If it's taking a chance
    Then you will dare it
    You'll do anything for money...
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you
    You say you wouldn't do it
    For all the money in the world
    I don't think soIf you show me the man
    Then I will sell him
    If you ask me to lie
    Then I will tell him
    If you're dealing with God
    Then you will hell him
    You'll do anything for money
    Anything
    Anything
    Anything for money
    Would lie for you
    Would die for you

"Tabloid Junkie"

Speculate to break the one you hate
    Circulate the lie you confiscate
    Assassinate and mutilate
    As the hounding media in hysteria
    Who's the next for you to resurrect
    JFK exposed the CIA
    Truth be told the grassy knoll
    As the blackmail story in all your glory

It's slander
    You say it's not a sword
    But with your pen you torture men
    You'd crucify the Lord
    And you don't have to read it, read it
    And you don't have to eat it, eat it
    To buy it is to feed it, feed it
    So why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Just because you read it in a magazine
    Or see it on the TV screen
    Don't make it factual
    Though everybody wants to read all about it
    Don't make it factual, actual
    They say he's homosexual

In the hood
    Frame him if you could
    Shoot to kill
    To blame him if you will
    If he dies sympathize
    Such false witnesses
    Damn self righteousness
    In the black
    Stab me in the back
    In the face
    To lie and shame the race
    Heroine and Marilyn
    As the headline stories of
    All your glory

It's slander
    With the words you use
    You're a parasite in black and white
    Do anything for news
    And you don't go and buy it, buy it
    And they won't glorify it, 'fy it
    To read it sanctifies it, 'fies it
    Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves
    Don't make it factual
    Everybody wants to read all about it
    Don't make it factual
    See, but everybody wants to believe all about it

Don't make it factual
    See, but everybody wants to believe all about it
    She's blonde and she's bisexual

Scandal
    With the words you use
    You're a parasite in black and white
    Do anything for news
    And you don't go and buy it, buy it
    And they won't glorify it, 'fy it
    To read it sanctifies it, 'fies it
    Why do we keep foolin' ourselves
    Slander
    You say it's not a sin
    But with your pen you torture men
    Then why do we keep foolin' ourselves

Don't make it factual
    Though everybody wants to read all about it
    Don't make it factual
    See, but everybody wants to read all about it

Don't make it factual
    Don't make it factual
    You're so damn disrespectable
  • ZenZen Posts: 341
    Ian Halperin was writing book BEFORE the death of Michael Jackson.
    Michael must be KNOWING he was writing the book.
    In case you think I stick up for Ian, I do NOT fully.
    Yes, he wrote the book on SOURCES. Maybe they partly responsible.
    Karen Faye is not my favorite, but she make ONE truth when she say
    "Sometimes, the tabloids include some truth, that other media don't
    include". I BELIEVE this and have for 30 years.
    Any one remember when Liberace was losing weight, and his
    pr team were saying "WATERMELON" diet. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> The tabloids were saying
    he was SICK. Well...he WAS sick and died.
    Did a tabloid JUST run a picture and article on Gary Coleman, and it
    was disgusting they do this, and more disgusting the ex-wife sold the
    picture, but we didn't buy, but we LOOKED. Is that NOT true, because
    the tabloid run with it.?
    I write Ian as well and tell him the same thing, btw, in December 2009.
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    Let us not forget what this announcement says as well. It says it has footage. Footage will definitely be interesting. Especially since it will have exclusive footage of Michael. I can't wait for this!
  • taniahytaniahy Posts: 17

I completely agree with you, I'm confused about this Ian Halperin, but I am happy that you will see new footage of Michael.
    And alone will decide what is truth without listening to comments.
    Watch movies, not deprived of this ... open your eyes ... Halerin not random ..... what he said wrong!
  • katoooooookatooooooo Posts: 371
    in the newspaper today there is an article about tis documentary...i send you the link
    <!-- m -->http://lejournaldequebec.canoe.ca/journ ... 95500.html<!-- m -->
    it's in french but here is the traduction
    The film due to the controversial author and filmmaker Ian Halperin on Michael Jackson was presented Thursday night at a private club in New York, and establish a positive image of the star.

The film of 88 minutes will be presented on television in over 50 countries, June 25, the first anniversary of the death of the king of pop. Why not room? "Because I wanted to distribute it on the day of his death and throughout the world," says the filmmaker, who nevertheless said he had received generous offers from producers like Harvey Weinstein.

Halperin has long promised to reveal unknown facts in this movie. This is not really the case. What is the strength of the documentary is that it unravels and illuminates the hubbub What was the last years of the star. It reconstructs the events minute by minute through archival footage. It brings us even in the ambulance that carried Jackson to the hospital that day.

Unreleased recordings

What adds to the film, they are also never heard audio recordings which he had access. We do not know how by cons. We will talk about Jackson's childhood, his fear of death and the treachery of his relatives. "But that does not happen to me," he said.

Halperin has accumulated over 300 hours of material that will be included in part on a DVD launched in the fall. The film is based on material from his book published in 2009, Michael Jackson's last years. The book was named No. 1 on the bestseller list of The New York Times. It showed among other things in this book that Jackson was gay.

the part i highlight is kind of strange...they bring us IN the ambulance?
  • i have to admit i didn't read the book by this guy.. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    but maybe we will find some more clues??!!..
    keep your eyes open!!..
    and if someone can record it..that would be great so that we can go over everything with a fine tooth comb on here...
    huggs to all
    keep the faith!!
    suzz
  • lacta89lacta89 Posts: 88
    I don't know what to say.....I listen to the song ''money''....Michael is not an individual to anyone....he is just a money machine!Unfortunately <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • i_need YoUi_need YoU Posts: 933
    Oh? I have NOT read ANYONES books about Michael Jackson. I have NOT watched crazy documentaries about Michael Jackson. I do NOT open up the magazines on the shelves. IDK why. I mean I get curious but jeez I don't like getting hurt and I know it's mainly lies. I mean some of the stuff that could be a little "different" can be true. I mean MJ was human and every human has something "crazy weird" that they do LOL. I mean I could probably pass as crazy... considering I dont even have cable in my home. I dont watch tv. I dont play video games. I write notes to myself on my mirrors with dry erase marker for reminders.
    Don't watch that documentary...it's a waste of your time and it will get him views is what he wants. He doesn't care if people talk badly of it saying its lies. Because he knows he will still reach people and make them think otherwise. People only watch it because of MJ name it. I'm def NOT NOT NOT NOT watching this. I didnt read his BS book or anyones at that matter and I'm DEF NOT goint to watch some documentary.

C'mon people be stronger than this...don't do this please.