MJ Auction -- Distasteful or Good Business?

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
MJ Auction -- Distasteful or Good Business?
Originally posted 4 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Randy Jackson has been fighting like crazy to stop a flood of Michael Jackson memorabilia from hitting the auction block on the anniversary of MJ's death -- but the auction house is going full steam ahead.

0610-juliens-auction-launch-credit.jpg

See all photos: <!-- m -->http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/juliens ... ost_recent<!-- m -->

Randy has been on Twitter attack, calling the auction at Planet Hollywood in Vegas "distasteful."

Darren Julien from Julien's Auctions claims it's pure coincidence the auction falls on June 25 -- "We have the same summer auction [of pop star memorabilia] at the same time every year."

Julien says the auction date can't be moved. So there.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/11/michael-j ... s-gallery/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Umm is that suppose to be a wax figure of MJ on the left side in that pic because it looks jacked up. It doesn't look anything like him. I bet MJ didn't even like that wax figure. It's probably alot of stuff that wasn't really important to Michael that their auctioning. They just make it seem like it was. MJ had all kinds of antiques and art. I understand Randy that is tacky to have an auction on that day but of course something odd has to occur on that day as a distraction. If I were Randy I wouldn't be upset about that wax figure getting auctioned off. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Look at the photo they used of MJ in the circle. It looks like he's up to something and plotting a plan.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I thought Julien was the one worried about threats from the NOI, what? not anymore? Maybe this auctions okay with Michael. There's MANY people that have been doing good business off of MJ's "death".
  • Badgirl777Badgirl777 Posts: 81
    That i found from early 2009 :
    <!-- m -->http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ion-islam/<!-- m -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    THE FIGURES DO NOT LOOK LIKE MJ STUFF THE MAN DON'T NEED ANYMORE. NOW, THE PICTURE OF MICHAEL IS PRETTY WEIRD, IT REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF DR. EVIL!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> THEY'RE NOT USING THE SAME HAND OR FINGERS BUT GEE I ASSOCIATED WITH DR. EVIL. THAT MAN HAS GOT SOMETHING GOING OUT OF THIS WORLD.

dr_evil.jpg
  • Believe 777Believe 777 Posts: 403
    THE FIGURES DO NOT LOOK LIKE MJ STUFF THE MAN DON'T NEED ANYMORE. NOW, THE PICTURE OF MICHAEL IS PRETTY WEIRD, IT REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF DR. EVIL!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> THEY'RE NOT USING THE SAME HAND OR FINGERS BUT GEE I ASSOCIATED WITH DR. EVIL. THAT MAN HAS GOT SOMETHING GOING OUT OF THIS WORLD.

dr_evil.jpg

Indeed, Dr Evil does spring to mind. I also like the picture of Michael with the catapult, David and Goliath
    seems appropriate and with the glove making the OK sign. Maybe the pictures have more meaning than the words.
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    What Randy has not explained yet is why there are items in that auction are authorised by Rebbie.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    8597021610full.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8597027610full.jpg

The only photos that show the price, 1373 and 1225, that adds up to 2598 and that sum 24 .. 42

Remember this image

8595253810full.jpg