SLASH planned M.J. Duet - and his views on MJ death

DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
edited January 1970 in News
Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Rocker SLASH was lining up MICHAEL JACKSON to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.

The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.

Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.

Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.

"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."

And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.

He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

<!-- m -->http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... et_1146842<!-- m -->

Comments

• mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Shame about the like to believe he was innocent but everything else he says is right
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    Shame about the like to believe he was innocent but everything else he says is right

I think Slash believes he was innocent. He's just not articulate - The last sentence was a grammer scramble. Slash and Michael were good together. Slash is just plain good and I enjoy watching him with Michael.
  • I READ SOMETHING WHERE SLASH WAS TALKING MAD SHIT ABOUT OUR MJ
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238
    Slash Planned Jackson Duet

Rocker SLASH was lining up MICHAEL JACKSON to feature on his solo album when the singer suffered a fatal cardiac arrest.

The former Guns N' Roses star previously teamed up with the King of Pop to record guitar solos on a handful of his tracks - and he regrets not asking Jackson to return the favour by singing on his first solo project.

Jackson died on 25 June (09) - just days before he was due to launch his This Is It comeback shows in London.

Slash says, "When I was thinking about who I wanted to work with, Michael crossed my mind. I thought about doing something that would see him totally cross over into rock.

"But it was around this time last year and he was flat-out rehearsing for the London O2 gigs so in the back of my mind I thought, 'He's not going to have the time.' It's hard to believe he's gone."

umm isnt it strange how so many artists are comin out about how they were planing to or were going to work with MJ

And Slash admits he is still angry about how the superstar was treated by the public after his child molestation scandal - despite his acquittal at a 2005 trial.

He adds, "There was this whole eight or nine-year period in the States where he was cast out. I like to believe he was innocent of the stuff he was accused of. He was acquitted and yet he was totally ostracised. Then he died and you had people crying in the streets. Bulls**t. It really hasn't hit home that he's gone yet."

<!-- m -->http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... et_1146842<!-- m -->

umm isnt it strange how so many artists are comin out about how they were planing to or were going to work with MJ now that he is 'no more'..its like they know how he's or his name is still making money so why not make money using his name..thats utterly bs and I wish people saw that these artists are trying to do.
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923

umm isnt it strange how so many artists are comin out about how they were planing to or were going to work with MJ now that he is 'no more'..its like they know how he's or his name is still making money so why not make money using his name..thats utterly bs and I wish people saw that these artists are trying to do.

Slash is a bit different, though isnt he because he HAS worked with him many times in the past.
  • rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    This would have been it!!! The songs of MJ feat. Slash were always on top of my favourites.
    I still dare to hope for it. As the saying goes "Hope dies last". <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->