Michael Jackson - 7 Reasons Why We Will Never Forget Him

edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson - 7 Reasons Why We Will Never Forget Him
Published June 11, 2010 by:
Carol Rucker

Remembering Why We Love Michael Jackson
An Ashanti proverb says, "If we stand tall it's because we stand on the backs of those who came before us." For many of today's young entertainers, the back they stood on belonged to Michael Jackson. He was all about music, dance, lyrics and innovation, setting standards many artists have tried to follow until the next big thing came along. It's been 40 years, and the next big thing, the thing bigger than Michael Jackson, has yet to materialize.

Michael Jackson was and will always be the King of Pop. Standing in evidence of that statement is the ongoing activity since his death. Canada based Cirque du Soleil is planning a show based on Michael Jackson's music and songs. A sequined glove Michael wore at a Sydney concert recently sold at auction in Australia for S57,600. The Michael Jackson estate's 2009 gross earnings are projected in excess of $1,167,500,00. Acknowledging the upcoming anniversary of his death, plans allowing Forest Lawn Cemetery "fan viewing at a distance," are being finalized.

Even in death, the world loves Michael Jackson. Here are a few reasons why we will always remember him.

1- Michael Jackson Rose up From the Ordinary

Michael Jackson was the ultimate Local Boy Makes Good story of the seventies. To the generation that came of age in that decade, Michael Jackson was like the boy next door who became a star. He and his large family took an ordinary steel town life and turned it upside down, transforming it into an extraordinary fairy tale dream while the whole world watched, applauded and followed every move for the next 4 decades.

2- Michael Jackson Broke the MTV Color Barrier

In the 80s, MTV was the home of the Pop music video. MTV was all about music 24/7: The Rolling Stones and Devo, Cynbi Lauper and Rod Stewart; but even with such a broad venue for diverse musical talent, it was virtually impossible for an African American to make the cut.

Michael Jackson smashed the MTV color barrier in a big way, breaking into the closed TV video world with offerings like"Beat It," "Billy Jean" and "Thriller," all must-play smash hits that helped pave the way for diversity.

3- Michael Jackson Set a New Video Standard With Vincent Price and "Thriller"

Not only did MJ open up the MTV opportunity for people of color, he accomplished that goal in a big way. Michael Jackson's "Thriller," made it's MTV debut as the first move-style video complete with a plot line, movie credits, and poetic "rap" by Vincent Price, the Saturday matinee movie "thriller" of all time. The 13 minute "Thriller" video was a motion picture released by Columbia Pictures, directed by Jon Landis, with Quincy Jones as producer. it was an innovative video that set new music video standards for young artists everywhere.

4- The Jackson 5ive Cartoon Show

How many people have had their lives memorialized in a cartoon series? Michael Jackson did in a Saturday cartoon show called 'The Jackson 5ive.' The show was produced by Rankin/Bass Productions and Motown. It starred Michael Jackson and his singing brothers: Marlon, Jackie, Tito and Jermaine. The Jackson5ive cartoon series ran on ABC from 1971 to 1973.

5 - That Red Leather Jacket and Sequined Glove

If you run a quick Yahoo search of "Michael Jackson Red Leather Jacket," don't be surprised to see a zippy return of over 2 million results. Although Alfonso Ribiero (Carlton on Fresh Prince of Belair) made his rise to fame by donning a signature Red MJ leather jacket and white sequined glove and by perfecting a few Michael Jackson moves, he wasn't the only one to get caught up in the dress-me-up-like-Michael-fever.

In the 80s, the Michael Jackson glove and jacket were everywhere; and just like yesterday's clothing styles are destined to do, fashion history is repeating itself. Michael Jackson's death has spawned an all new outbreak of red leather jacket and white sequined glove fever. Although this time they are more for collecting than wearing.

6 - His Smooth Dance Moves

Who hasn't tried to execute a Michael Jackson dance move? His unique choreography is often imitated but rarely duplicated; which doesn't mean lots of people haven't tried. From decades of pop stars working hard to become the next big star to Michael Jackson imitators dancing in the street to memorialize his passing, dancers continue to imitate those fluid, gravity-defying Michael Jackson dance moves knowing they can never match the King of Pop.

7- That Michael Jackson Voice

It's been 30 years since "I'll Be There" climbed the record charts, yet that Michael Jackson voice offering up a simple love song still calls up memories to pierce the heart. For many it's the voice they first identified as that of a child becoming a star; some still remember the lyrics and sing along like they did 30 years ago.

Michael Jackson's voice has always triggered passion, love or playful joy. His timbre and tone changed over the years, deepening, taking on a moaning quality and an animal growl at times. He even developed a funky grit in later years; but whatever it did, his voice always made people pause and listen.... and sometimes say "Wow, I love Michael Jackson."

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=7<!-- m -->

Comments

• youngatheartyoungatheart Posts: 261
    For all these reasons and many more. The list goes on and on
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    How about gold pants? <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

Oh wait, this was a article about love not lust..lol
  • How about gold pants? <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

ROFL - that's a good one.
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    This article covers the basics. Michael wanted to change the world with his music and he did!
  • How about gold pants? <!-- s:-) -->:-)<!-- s:-) -->

ROFL - that's a good one.

LMAO!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    - For your generosity and love for all children
    - Why is a good man <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    These are only 7 reasons, but what about mentioning the "human" side of Michael? What about all his efforts to "change the world", What about his "charity" work?, What about his "message", what about all his "humanitarian" achievements...???

These are the reasons I will never forget about Michael Jackson. He opened my eyes and changed my life and I will be eternally grateful to him for that.

We need to let Michael know that we see who he really is and what he represents...world peace. We need to let him know that we are ready to fight this fight with him! Its time to let LOVE rule the world!
    Thank you Michael...I understand. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • agathiagathi Posts: 156
    i have one and only one reason that i will n ever forget him just because he was who he was,. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->