Katherine Jackson's Lawyer Goes After Joe Jackson

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Katherine Jackson's Lawyer Goes After Joe Jackson
Originally posted about an hour ago by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson's cruel attack -- that his wife, Katherine, is responsible for Michael's death, is but the latest in a rich history of reckless, untrue comments ... so says Katherine's lawyer and the lawyer for Michael Jackson's estate.

0613-katherine-joe-ex-jb-credit.jpg

Katherine is not commenting on what amounts to her husband's declaration of war -- that she refused to "keep [Michael] cheered up" because she didn't want to invade his privacy, and he'd be alive today if she had.

Katherine's lawyer, Adam Streisand, tells TMZ, "The world knows that Mrs. Jackson has always been a loving mother and grandmother, and that she and Michael had a very special relationship." Streisand then drives it home: "The world also knows who Joe Jackson is and he seems bent on never letting us forget."

Howard Weitzman, lawyer for the Michael Jackson estate, tells TMZ, "The inference by Joe Jackson that Mrs. Jackson was in any way responsible for Michael's death is preposterous. Katherine Jackson was a supportive and loving mother throughout Michael's life. His love and respect for her is reflected in his estate plan."

Now here's how Joe may have screwed himself. He's not included in Michael's will and no matter how hard he tries to invalidate the will, he's going to end up with nothing in that department. The chances of Joe getting a court-approved allowance from the estate are slim to none. And Joe is trying to exploit Michael's name to make money, but his unauthorized attempts have pretty much been shut down by the estate. Ouch ... and true.

So the only thing Joe has been able to rely on ... Katherine's generosity in the money department. Looks like that gravy train may have finally left the station.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/13/katherine ... ill-money/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    This whole story must be BS. Joe is no fool. If Katherine would be giving him $$$ every month, he wouldn't attack her. That would be foolish and I am sure Joe is way smarter than that, certainly when it involves money.

So this must be all part of the plan, question is with what reason?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• imissMJ147imissMJ147 Posts: 123
    I agree Souza, if he wanted money out of Katherine attacking her is the last thing he would do. So if this is part of Michael's plan then what's the purpose of the plan.? That's what we have to figure out?? I don't have any ideas so what do you guys think?
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    I don't know but, there's been a lot of news lately about Katherine. First her health, then her and Alejandra and now this..
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    agree with you Souza. It's not in Joe's best interest to attack Mrs. Katherine because she's the one with the money. I think the store is another distraction, now I think it's pretty quiet about Murray perhaps the court hearing will not take place. mmm.......who knows.
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    OMG, i going to fucking explode, i am serious. WTF is going on????????
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    off topic but this was halirous <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    WEIRD READ EMOVIE BOOK MMM.......WEIRD COMMENTS FROM TMZ READERS TOMORROW IS THE HEARING THINGS WILL GET CRAZY. IF THE HEARING TAKES PLACE MAYBE AT THE LAST MINUTE SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN AND CM SORRY COULDN'T SHOW UP U SEE CUS HE HAD AN EMERGENCY LOL!!! MIKE AM I GIVING YOU IDEAS?
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Sometimes the frenzy surrounding MJ since June 25th seem so outrageous it almost seem like the family and media be toying with people sometime so you don't know what you should and shouldn't believe. Everytime all these stories pop up out the blue it takes me back to the Jackson family dynasty show. When Jermaine made a statement about the media doing MJ wrong and they need to kick they a@#. The brothers kept going on in the first episode about tabloids and media crap. The stories always seem to come from TMZ too which to me is a tacky gossip/entertainment show. It's not even a real news show yet they always manage to get the scoop on everything. It's like they always print stories to get a rise out of people. Look how the stories are getting everybody fustrated.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Maybe its a set up................Joe says katherine didn't step in and try to help MJ.

Then Katherine turns around and says " Of course I did...here he is <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I've been hiding him here the whole time.. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Isn't the hearing postponed <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

• Let's just wait and see. Both Joe and Katherine will attend Murray's hearing later today and there will be footage of that, so we might get an answer as to what's really going on in a couple of hours. Keep watching the TMZ show and connect the dots!
    keep watching more close ups of the trash can <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Gee, I'll be at da gym watching how this unfolds if there is a hearing. Can't wait for Uncle Harvey's observations <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I FORGOT TO MENTION I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S RELEVANT BUT TDCAU MICHAEL MENTIONS ROOSEVELT TOMORROW JUNE 14TH IS FLAG DAY IN THE U.S.

1908, Theodore Roosevelt

On June 14, Theodore Roosevelt was dining outside Philadelphia, when he noticed a man wiping his nose with what he thought was the American Flag. In outrage, Roosevelt picked up a small wooden rod and began to whip the man for "defacing the symbol of America." After about five or six strong whacks, he noticed that the man was not wiping his nose with a flag, but with a blue handkerchief with white stars. Upon realization of this, he apologized to the man, but hit him once more for making him "riled up with national pride."[10]
    [edit] Observance of Flag Day
    The Betsy Ross House
    Search Wikimedia Commons Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Flag day

The week of June 14 is designated as "National Flag Week." During National Flag Week, the president will issue a proclamation urging U.S. citizens to fly the American flag for the duration of that week. The flag should also be displayed on all Government buildings. Some organizations hold parades and events in celebration of America's national flag and everything it represents.

The National Flag Day Foundation holds an annual observance for Flag Day on the second Sunday in June. The program includes a ceremonial raising of the flag, recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, singing of the National Anthem (The Star-spangled Banner), a parade and more. [1]

The Betsy Ross House has long been the site of Philadelphia's observance of Flag Day.[1
  • CrazyBananaCrazyBanana Posts: 745
    oh man this isnt sizzeling any more..
    its over cooked LOL
    ok well maybe the reason is to show that his parents relationship gets waaaaay more attention to what is being done to get justice for MJ..
    or maybe to show that Joe is the bad guy he is the only one that says he didnt see MJ's body.
    last supper..Judas anyone?
    Im leaning more towards the first though LOL sometimes I dont know how I think...
  • I think this is all just paving the way for something. 1. Joe talking trash 2. Family members being paid off 3. The Will ( real or not) 4. Randy on CNN 5. Conrad the smaller rat in the big rat's nest ... It's all leading up to something. Today will hopefully bring more answers. ( get the padded cells ready and prepare to put on the straight jackets <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> )
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I Do Not Understand this, all this has to be garbage .. Otherwise Joe went crazy <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    I THINK IS A DISTRACTION TO THE COURT CASE OF TODAY... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    Michael wouldn't let this happen if he was "alive". This has to be some trash, i think, like some of you said, that Joe is not aware of the hoax
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    MAYBE HAZZELY MAKE A POINT HERE, MAYBE JOE IS NOT AWARE OF THE HOAX, REMEMBER WHEN HE SAY THAT KATHERINE AND MJ WERE LAUGHING IN A CORNER AT THE BEVERLY HOTEL REUNION??? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • i_need YoUi_need YoU Posts: 933
    *sigh* another truth stretched WAYYYYY TOO FAR! IF MJ really has gone and i mean IF...I can see where Joe can feel some anger towards the whole situation. C'mon his son died. Anger is part of the whole mourning stage. They are just blowing this whole money thing way out of proportion because people feed off of this. NO they are not money hungry the way the media is playing out to be. MJ helped them financially and I can see teh Jackson family being greatful for him. C'mon really? This story is BS. I can see Joe getting angry at Kat...but not the way they are protraying it.
    What you do when ANY media source says a story is this...you shrink the severity of the situation they are showing you by like 10. LOL C'mon now guys
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    Isn't the hearing postponed <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

That's news to me.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891

So this must be all part of the plan, question is with what reason?

Yes, that's what I'm trying to find out. All the accusations of Joe to Katherine and now this. There must be something in this story too.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    This is a difficult one. My intuition tells me this article is not talking about the Jackson family.

There has been so much symbolism all the way down to today that I would tend to say that this is speaking about losing our treasure and the time after. Michael our dearest treasure equal to planet earth our dearest treasure. The loss of Michael equal to the loss of planet earth.
    The survivors discussing why the loss occured and who is to blame for the loss and whether an intervention (even entering private areas) would not have been appropriate to save the treasure.

"Why didn't you intervene when you knew about it all?" is a question that children of survivors of the Hitler crimes have asked million times their parents.

The article is further talking about a declaration of war - the link under these words leads to the "Joe blames Katherine" article where Joe sat down with News of the World to discuss his theory. Olala. The video says "The blame game" and the article starts (title included) five sentences with the word "Joe" which is an absolute no-no for journalist writing style.
    So - there is something in this jewel box... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I think the sedating "blame game" is key here. Blaming others takes away our own responsibility, making bad events bearable and cleaning our jackets with a pseudo-excuse.