Tucker to accept Jackson's award

HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
edited January 1970 in News
Tucker to accept Jackson's award
Posted: 12:01 AM
Last Updated: 29 minutes ago

wenn5484162562812010061.jpg

Actor CHRIS TUCKER will accept an award on behalf of late superstar MICHAEL JACKSON at the Apollo Theater's annual benefit concert in New York on Monday night (14Jun10).

The late King of Pop and Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin will be named Apollo Legends at the gala on 14 June (10), at the venue where Jackson launched his career with the Jackson 5 at the Apollo's Amateur Night in the late 1960s.

Organisers had initially planned to hand Jackson's trophy to the late star's family, but it has now been confirmed that Rush Hour star Tucker will take the stage in their place to accept the prize, according to New York Post gossip column PageSix.

Tucker was close friends with the late Thriller hitmaker and even appeared in his 2001 music video for You Rock My World.

<!-- m -->http://www.abc15.com/dpp/entertainment/ ... d_31212459<!-- m -->

Comments

• I love Chris Tucker. I love watching the youtube videos of him and Michael. He always kept Mike laughing. So we know as a friend Chris always kept Mike happy in the heart. Thank you Chris for all you do. I hope you have kept up with MJ thru all this and I hope you continue to be his best buddy and walk with him thru all this manure when he reappears. MJ needs us all. His army of Love for sure. I love you MJ. I love you too Chris!
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I love Chris Tucker as well. I will be nice to see him accept the award.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    I THINK ONE TO KNOW THAT HE IS ALIVE DEFINITELY WOULD BE CHRIS!!! MJ NEED CHRIS TO KEEP HIM LAUGHING. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD I SEEN MIKE LAUGH SOO MUCH UNTIL I SAW THOSE YT OF HIM AND CHRIS TUCKER. IN THESE HARD TIMES WHERE THE MAN NEEDS A GOOD LAUGH NOTHING LIKE HAVING CHRIS TUCKER BY HIS SIDE. SO, FAR HE'S BEEN ONE OF THE TRUE BLUE FRIENDS, WELL WE HAVE TO THINK HE'S KEPT WAY TOO QUIET AND HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH OF HIM. NO, MJ IS NOT WITH CHRIS ALTHOUGH I WISH I WANT THE MAN LAUGHING <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> THAT LAUGH IS DARN CUTE
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Yeah Chris is a cool brotha. He is a funny guy especially in the Friday movie. You can tell he had genuine love and respect for MJ. He one of the true friends. Is it just me or does MJ look a little like Chris Tucker at the beginning of Thriller? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> MJ had those big eyes like Chris in that video. They favor to me in that video. The part where MJ is sitting in the movie theater chowing down on that popcorn. It's funny in the making of You Rock my World video MJ and Chris are laughing at the cook when they don't pay for their food. MJ's laugh is so halarious in that clip. It's like he couldn't stop laughing at Chris messing with that guy.
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    You know what Msteetee34 yes! Both can pop out their yes. They share a lot of stuff in common <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Poor Mikey couldn't breathe he was laughing soo much. He's like I can't work with Chris he makes me laugh. I love watching that YT with MJ and Chris cheers me up when I'm done. Food no good!!!
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    You know what Msteetee34 yes! Both can pop out their yes. They share a lot of stuff in common <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Poor Mikey couldn't breathe he was laughing soo much. He's like I can't work with Chris he makes me laugh. I love watching that YT with MJ and Chris cheers me up when I'm done. Food no good!!!

Yeah Chris is halarious. I watched this movie the other day Rush Hour 2. When he get mad at the Asian dude for messing up MJ's song and he takes the mic. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    [youtube:1t6qmzb6]