MJ Tribute at BET Awards 06/27/10

samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
edited January 1970 in News
Eminem, Jackson Tribute Join BET Awards Lineup

Eminem, Alicia Keys. Usher, T-Pain and a tribute to Michael Jackson have all been added to the slate for this year's stocked BET Awards, airing live from Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on June 27th. T.I. will make his first major award show performance since his incarceration and Kanye West will return to an awards show stage after his 2009 VMAs controversy at the event, plus Drake, Ludacris, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross, Diddy – Dirty Money and many more are booked for the big show. Queen Latifah will host. As Rolling Stone previously reported, Drake and Jay-Z lead this year's field with the most nominations.

With Eminem joining Drake and Kanye West on the BET Awards bill, the lineup is just a Lil Wayne shy of a potential performance of their joint hit "Forever." Eminem, Drake and Weezy performed the track, sans Kanye, at this year's Grammys, and unless Weezy phones in his verse live from Rikers, it's unlikely a repeat performance will happen. However, given the powerhouse lineup, the door is open for any number of collaborations: Drake and Alicia Keys' "Fireworks," or Ludacris and Nikki Minaj on "My Chick Bad." Insiders tell RS there's one big performance viewers can definitely expect to see: T-Pain, Ludacris, Rick Ross and a special guest all teaming with DJ Khaled on "All I Do is Win."

This year's BET Awards will also feature a pair of special presentations: Prince will be in the house to receive a much-deserved Lifetime Achievement Award, and the Jackson family will be on hand to remember the King of Pop just two days after the first anniversary of Michael's death. Jackson's This Is It was also nominated in the Best Movie category. The BET Awards and the Jackson family previously paid tribute to Jackson at last year's ceremony, which was held just three days after Michael died on June 25th, 2009. John Legend will also be the recipient of the 2010 Humanitarian Award.

<!-- m -->http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/118122<!-- m -->

It was announced on Tuesday, May 18, that Queen Latifah would host the tenth-anniversary awards.[citation needed] It was also announced the two new categories were added to the list of categories, "Best Movie" and the "YoungStars Award". Also, Janet Jackson will be making her return performance to BET at the Awards. The ceremony will air live on Sunday, June 27 at 8:00pm/7:00ct. Selena Gomez became the first Hispanic to be nominated for an award[citation needed]. [3] Prince will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.

Comments

• new tiuxnew tiux Posts: 104
    I have to move in L.A. I'm done living so far away from all of that <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Now another tribute and I will miss it again! No no no, it's not right anymore!
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I wonder if Janet is doing the tribute.
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    I wonder if Janet is doing the tribute?
    Also, Janet Jackson will be making her return performance to BET at the Awards.
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    This type of stuff is what makes me feel that MJ is really really gone. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    This type of stuff is what makes me feel that MJ is really really gone. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    well since his death michael has been showing up at janet's performances <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • AvaMarieAvaMarie Posts: 714
    I'm looking forward to Janet's performance.
    I'm waiting for Janet performances too, cause she is tweeting interesting messages <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    like: It's time the fans know the truth and ur one of the very few I trust n doing so. I got ur back all the way bro, whatever u need. I love u!
    11:28 PM Jun 14th via web
  • I'm waiting for Janet performances too, cause she is tweeting interesting messages <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    like: It's time the fans know the truth and ur one of the very few I trust n doing so. I got ur back all the way bro, whatever u need. I love u!
    Interesting in deed! She is speaking of MJ as bro, right? Why would she be tweeting to someone who is dead??? I mean, I can imagine if he were dead to speak to him in her thoughts, or prayers, privately, but why tweet about it for the whole world to read it? Either this is a clue or she's messing with the fans that beLIEve. Would she do such a thing to MJ fans? I don't think so <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    These tributes are to acknowledge and remember the performer "Michael Jackson". If they didn't have tributes, it would trigger unwanted suspicion and anger from fans . <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Michael Jackson the performer is being remembered and celebrated. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Not Michael Jackson the producer, movie maker... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> That will be next year when he wins all those awards for a unique reality show. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Well I hope they do a better tribute than last year. I know they only had like two days to do it but it sucked to me. Jamie Foxx was annoying trying to imitate MJ. Some of his comments wasn't necessary as well. You can tell the artist that tried to pay him a tribute did it last minute. I mean it was a nice gesture but still. The only tribute I really liked was New Edition when they did the Jackson 5 because it was upbeat. Hopefully his sister Janet will just do something. Maybe get Chris Tucker. Someone who really knows him and is upbeat. Nobody want to hear no sad tribute. At least I don't. I wish they could get the guy that he chose first to be his back up dancer. The young black guy that dude can dance. He has some dance segments on demand for Comcast where he teach you how to dance like MJ. It would also be nice if they could get Jeffrey Daniel who taught MJ the back slide which Michael renamed the moonwalk. That guy use to dance on Soul Train and he is a sick dancer. I mean if they gonna do a tribute do it right since we can't have the man himself on there.
    Short clip of Jeffrey teaching MJ:
    [youtube:dphvo5s4]
    I'm waiting for Janet performances too, cause she is tweeting interesting messages <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Interesting in deed! She is speaking of MJ as bro, right? Why would she be tweeting to someone who is dead??? I mean, I can imagine if he were dead to speak to him in her thoughts, or prayers, privately, but why tweet about it for the whole world to read it? Either this is a clue or she's messing with the fans that beLIEve. Would she do such a thing to MJ fans? I don't think so <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    It's time the fans know the truth...
    what truth, may I ask? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I belive she's not messing with beLIEvers, it would be really nasty.. but I'm not sure which bro is she talking to. Who has a secret and fans who should know the truth?? There's only one IMO and that's Michael.
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    what truth, may I ask? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> I belive she's not messing with beLIEvers, it would be really nasty.. but I'm not sure which bro is she talking to. Who has a secret and fans who should know the truth?? There's only one IMO and that's Michael.

Michael is not Janet's only bro, you know.

Michael is not Janet's only bro, you know.
    Yes, but do the rest of the brothers except Michael have fans? Not to be mean, but its true <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648

IMO, she was talking ABOUT MJ TO someone other than MJ, one of her brother.
    So does it mean we have to wait for some announcement?
    What announcement?
  • This type of stuff is what makes me feel that MJ is really really gone. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

BUT maybe not gone....maybe just now being given the tributes and Honors he has deserved all along <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • King_MichaelKing_Michael Posts: 367
    Eminem lol I'll pass
    What announcement?
    I mean if she was talking to some other brother about MJ, then " It's time the fans know the truth and ur one of the very few I trust n doing so" has to mean that sooner or later someone (a brother Janet trusts) is going to talk. But I'm not sure if this "truth" is what we are waiting to hear <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • Well I hope they do a better tribute than last year. I know they only had like two days to do it but it sucked to me. Jamie Foxx was annoying trying to imitate MJ. Some of his comments wasn't necessary as well. You can tell the artist that tried to pay him a tribute did it last minute. I mean it was a nice gesture but still. The only tribute I really liked was New Edition when they did the Jackson 5 because it was upbeat. Hopefully his sister Janet will just do something. Maybe get Chris Tucker. Someone who really knows him and is upbeat. Nobody want to hear no sad tribute. At least I don't. I wish they could get the guy that he chose first to be his back up dancer. The young black guy that dude can dance. He has some dance segments on demand for Comcast where he teach you how to dance like MJ. It would also be nice if they could get Jeffrey Daniel who taught MJ the back slide which Michael renamed the moonwalk. That guy use to dance on Soul Train and he is a sick dancer. I mean if they gonna do a tribute do it right since we can't have the man himself on there.
    Short clip of Jeffrey teaching MJ:
    [youtube:1vhijf1h]

Chris Tucker yes he should be there!
  • It would B great if Prince participated in the Michael Jackson tribute, maybe him singing those Bad lines finally.......
    He will be present to receive his lifetime achievement award, but Dr. Funkenberry announced that he won't perform, but with Prince you just never know, you just never knoaw...........