AEG own's Staples Center

LoriCStoneLoriCStone Posts: 39
edited January 1970 in News
Not sure if anyone know this but I was watching the news last night and they were talking about the Lakers winning etc and the news reporter says AEG owns The Staples Center I find that interesting

Comments

• laura58laura58 Posts: 48
    Yes everyone knows that and I agree very fishy thanks for posting
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    Don't you find it even fishier that they decided to hold the memorial there? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    Sure dont AEG also own the O2 Arena aswell
  • InfinityladyInfinitylady Posts: 1,006
    Not sure if anyone know this but I was watching the news last night and they were talking about the Lakers winning etc and the news reporter says AEG owns The Staples Center I find that interesting

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    What?!
  • ChristianaChristiana Posts: 626
    Don't you find it even fishier that they decided to hold the memorial there? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I don't find it fishy that they'd hold the Memorial at Staples...I find it logical. If they own it, they don't have to pay to use it. They would have to pay to use any other venue. That's also why the TII rehearsals were held there...because it was their own venue (just like the O2).
  • Missyb007Missyb007 Posts: 727

I don't find it fishy that they'd hold the Memorial at Staples...I find it logical. If they own it, they don't have to pay to use it. They would have to pay to use any other venue. That's also why the TII rehearsals were held there...because it was their own venue (just like the O2).

lol... you're right if they own staples centre, they don't have to pay for it...
    but how come TMZ says AEG will pay for Michael's Memorial? (from last year?) that doesn't even make sense then does it?
  • samsuperbsamsuperb Posts: 495
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> WTF? now that's funny. That dont make any sense, wow! thanks for sharing this!
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    TMZ said that AEG will pay the police, special equipment etc.
    The article was a little bit too empathic for a pure donation IMHO.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/18/michael-jackson-estate-city-of-los-anngeles-aeg-memorial/

Remember the moonwalking photoshop with FL van and the "special methods and tactics" van...
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443

Yes that's what I meant. That's why I said it was fishy..all the income to AEG, cause I don't believe that story about all the money going to LA community..I'm sure they made some profits over the memorial
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

Wow, that is very heavy news to me <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> . I did not know that bit of info!

What?!

lol... you're right if they own staples centre, they don't have to pay for it...
    but how come TMZ says AEG will pay for Michael's Memorial? (from last year?) that doesn't even make sense then does it?

Great sewing the clues together. Excellent point! You sussed something out there! God bless you!
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    I think they own Nokia Theater as well. Right across street from Staples Center
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    YES, I HEARD THEY OWN BOTH VENUES STAPLES AND NOKIA. THAT'S WHY CONVENIENT TO HOLD MEMORIAL AT STAPLES, REHEARSALS AT STAPLES AND THE USE OF THE NOKIA FOR THE MEMORIAL. THERE YOU GO.