Michael Jackson Estate Threatened with Lawsuit

JukeBoxJukeBox Posts: 378
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson Estate Threatened with Lawsuit
Originally posted 19 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

The co-author of a new book on Michael Jackson has threatened to sue the Michael Jackson estate for allegedly trying to discredit the book.

0624-katherine-jackson-ex.jpg

Howard Mann (center, along with Katherine and two others) -- a businessman who has made money on nude online gambling and nude wrestling -- hooked up with Katherine Jackson to create a coffee table book called "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Estate lawyer Howard Weitzman told TMZ earlier this week, Mann had no right "to exploit any estate assets" and would take "whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting."

Mann now tells TMZ, "The comments by the lawyers for the Estate of Michael Jackson are designed to create fear and ambiguity and may impede our ability to maximize the profits that Vintage Pop (the publisher) and the beneficiaries of the Estate are entitled to enjoy. These actions are torturous interference and will NOT be accepted and will result [in] litigation to recover the damages against our company."

Weitzman tells TMZ, "The estate will continue to protect its assets when appropriate," adding, "If Mr. Mann or his attorney want to communicate with me, they can contact me directly."

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/24/michael-j ... ward-mann/<!-- m -->

Comments

• 0624-mj-estate-ex-01-credit.jpg

This was the original photo published with this article. If you mouse over it you can see it. They switched to the Katherine one later.

LIVING AND PLANNING, huh?
  • Missyb007Missyb007 Posts: 727
    wow.. that really makes you wonder .. "Living and planning" .. lol... is this an official "He is alive and planning his comeback" ?

What about those letters? THEM W .. anyone?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    0624-mj-estate-ex-01-credit.jpg

This was the original photo published with this article. If you mouse over it you can see it. They switched to the Katherine one later.

5 x 5 dollars = 25 = 2+5 = 7

There is a compass.

Compass definition:

a. A device used to determine geographic direction, usually consisting of a magnetic needle or needles horizontally mounted or suspended and free to pivot until aligned with the earth's magnetic field.
    b. Another device, such as a radio compass or a gyrocompass, used for determining geographic direction.
    2. A V-shaped device for describing circles or circular arcs and for taking measurements, consisting of a pair of rigid, end-hinged legs, one of which is equipped with a pen, pencil, or other marker and the other with a sharp point providing a pivot about which the drawing leg is turned. Also called pair of compasses.
    a. An enclosing line or boundary; a circumference: outside the compass of the fence. See Synonyms at circumference.
    b. A restricted space or area: four huge crates within the compass of the elevator.
    c. Range or scope, as of understanding, perception, or authority: "Lacking a coherent intellectual and moral commitment, [he] was forced to find his compass in personal experience" (Doris Kearns Goodwin). See Synonyms at range.

The document title can be "Living Trust and Estate Planning"

" A living trust is an agreement in which one person (the grantor) transfers property to a second person (the trustee) for the benefit of a third person (the beneficiary).

A living trust allows the grantor to name either himself or some other person as trustee or co-trustee, reserves his right to revoke the trust at any time and return the property to himself, and lets the grantor control distribution of his estate to his beneficiary upon the grantor's death. A living trust is created while the grantor is alive, rather than upon his death under terms of his will.

A living trust lets you control the distribution of your estate. You simply transfer ownership of your property and your assets into the trust, then serve as its trustee or select a person or an insti-tution to be its trustee. With a living trust, the person you appoint to handle the trust after your death - the successor trustee - simply transfers ownership to the beneficiaries you named in the trust. Much of the time, this can be accomplished in a few weeks. When all of the property has been transferred to the beneficiaries, the living trust ceases to exist. "
    <!-- m -->http://www.legalhelpmate.com/living-trust-online.aspx<!-- m -->

They used the mugshot so it has also a relation with the 2005 trial.
    Threatened ? The song maybe ?

Tonight’s story is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction
    A monster had arrived in the village
    The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown
    And this person or thing is soon to be met
    He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion
    Oh yes, I did forget something didn’t I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster.

You’re fearing me, ‘cause you know I’m a beast
    Watching you when you sleep, when you’re in bed
    I’m underneath
    You’re trapped in halls, and my face is the walls
    I’m the floor when you fall, and when you scream it’s ‘cause of me
    I’m the living dead, the dark thoughts in your head
    I heard just what you said
    That’s why you’ve got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]
    You should be watching me, you should feel threatened
    While you sleep, while you creep, you should be threatened
    Every time your lady speaks she speaks of me, threatened
    Half of me you’ll never be, so you should feel threatened by me

You think you’re by yourself, but it’s my touch you felt
    I’m not a ghost from Hell, but I’ve got a spell on you
    Your worst nightmare, it's me, I'm everywhere
    In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
    I’m telling you, when you lie under a tomb
    I’m the one watching you
    That’s why you got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]

[ROD SERLING VERSE]
    The unknown monster is about to embark
    From a far corner, out of the dark
    A nightmare, that’s the case
    Never Neverland, that’s the place
    This particular monster can read minds
    Be in two places at the same time
    This is judgement night, execution, slaughter
    The devil, ghosts, this monster is torture
    You can be sure of one thing, that’s fate
    A human presence that you feel is strange
    A monster that you can see disappear
    A monster, the worst thing to fear.

[CHORUS x 3]

[ROD SERLING OUTRO]
    What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning.
  • Michael Jackson Estate Threatened with Lawsuit
    Originally posted Jun 24th 2010 10:50 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The co-author of a new book on Michael Jackson has threatened to sue the Michael Jackson estate for allegedly trying to discredit the book.

0624-katherine-jackson-ex.jpg

Howard Mann (center, along with Katherine and two others) -- a businessman who has made money on nude
    online gambling and nude wrestling -- hooked up with Katherine Jackson to create a coffee table book called "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Estate lawyer Howard Weitzman told TMZ earlier this week, Mann had no right "to exploit any estate assets" and would take "whatever action is necessary to prevent him from unlawfully profiting."

Mann now tells TMZ, "The comments by the lawyers for the Estate of Michael Jackson are designed to create fear and ambiguity and may impede our ability to maximize the profits that Vintage Pop (the publisher) and the beneficiaries of the Estate are entitled to enjoy. These actions are torturous interference and will NOT be accepted and will result [in] litigation to recover the damages against our company."

Weitzman tells TMZ, "The estate will continue to protect its assets when appropriate," adding, "If Mr. Mann or his attorney want to communicate with me, they can contact me directly."

The article posting date:
    Jun 24th 2010 10:50 AM
    4, 5, 6, 11, 22
    6 + 2 + 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 5 = 21
    2 + 1 = 3 - Trinity, Union of Divine plus Human, Manifestation, Positive, Negative and Neutral, Expression, Subconscious Mind/Imagination, Creative, Optimistic, Enthusiasm, Expressive, Charming, Humor, Fun, Attractive, Friendly.
    http://www.numberquest.com/knowledge_number_meaning_3.php

This DOTS in this article are about HIV/AIDS

MJETL

MJ - Magic Johnson
    Magic Johnson Combats AIDS Misperceptions
    Updated 12/1/2006 1:13 PM ET By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY
    Call it the Magic Paradox. Fifteen years ago, L.A. Laker legend Magic Johnson announced he had AIDS and would retire from basketball. Today, Johnson, 47, looks so healthy some may question whether AIDS is the menace it was made out to be.

AUDIO:http://images.usatoday.com/news/graphics/magic_johnson_audio/flash.htm

For the past six years, HIV has been the leading cause of death for blacks 25 to 44 years of age, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation.
    For whites, HIV is the fifth-leading cause of death; for Hispanics, HIV ranks fourth. Although blacks make up about 15% of the U.S. population, they account for about 50% of all people in the United States who live with HIV.
    Blacks account for almost half of new HIV diagnoses, a tide that is rising. Two-thirds of new infections among women occur in black women.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-11-30-magic-aids_x.htm

ET - Ethopia (Country Code)
    http://www.uspto.gov/patft/help/helpctry.htm

HIV/AIDS in Ethiopia
    Ethiopia has a large and very vulnerable population, with an estimated 15 percent of the population living below the poverty line. HIV/AIDS is one of the key challenges for the overall development of Ethiopia, as it has led to a seven-year decrease in life expectancy and a greatly reduced workforce.

The primary mode of HIV transmission in Ethiopia is heterosexual contact. Young women are more vulnerable to infection than young men; urban women are three times as likely to be infected as urban men, although in rural areas the difference between genders is negligible. Populations at higher risk for HIV infection include people in prostitution, police officers and members of the military.

Ethiopia faces an epidemic among sub-populations and geographic areas, with an estimated overall HIV prevalence rate of 1.4 percent, based on testing a sample of 5,780 men and 5,300 women age 15 to 49 who gave informed consent. Within the individual regions, this testing found the prevailing rate varied from 0.2 in the SNNPR to a high of 6.0 percent in the Gambela Region. While previous estimations were higher, expansion of surveillance data and improved analyses resulted in significantly lower estimations for 2005. Based on the same survey, HIV prevalence has declined to about 3.2% to 4.7% percent in urban areas.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_Ethiopia

WHAT IS AIDS?
    AIDS stands for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome:
    * Acquired means you can get infected with it;
    * Immune Deficiency means a weakness in the body's system that fights diseases.
    * Syndrome means a group of health problems that make up a disease.
    AIDS is caused by a virus called HIV, the Human Immunodeficiency Virus. If you get infected with HIV, your body will try to fight the infection. It will make "antibodies," special molecules to fight HIV.

A blood test for HIV looks for these antibodies. If you have them in your blood, it means that you have HIV infection. People who have the HIV antibodies are called "HIV-Positive.

Being HIV-positive, or having HIV disease, is not the same as having AIDS. Many people are HIV-positive but don't get sick for many years. As HIV disease continues, it slowly wears down the immune system. Viruses, parasites, fungi and bacteria that usually don't cause any problems can make you very sick if your immune system is damaged. These are called "opportunistic infections.
    http://www.aids.org/factsheets/101-what-is-aids.html

L - Leucine (L)
    Leucine (abbreviated as Leu or L) It is an essential amino acid, which means that humans cannot synthesise it. As an essential amino acid, leucine is not synthesized in animals, hence it must be ingested, usually as a component of proteins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucine

Mutational Analysis of the Leucine Zipper-Like Motif of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Envelope (1992) by Transmembrane Glycoprotein , Steve S. -l. Chen , Chun-nan Lee , Twoan-ruoh Lee , F Kenneth Mcintosh
    Abstract:
    The N-terminal region ofthe envelope (env) transmembrane protein ofhuman immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) has a leucine zipper-like motif. This highly conserved zipper motif, which consists of a heptad repeat of leucine or isoleucine residues, has been suggested to play a role in HIV-1 env glycoprotein oligomerization. This hypothesis was tested by replacing the highly conserved leucine or isoleucine residues in the zipper motif with a strong a-helix breaker, proline.We report here that such substitutions did not abolish the ability of env protein to form oligomers, indicating that this highly conserved zipper motifdoes not have a crucial role in env protein oligomerization. However, the mutant viruses all showed impaired infectivity, suggesting that this conserved zipper motif can have an important role in the virus life cycle. The envelope (env) glycoprotein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) has several important functions. It determines the interaction between the host cell and the virus, it causes cytopathic fusion of the virus with host cells.
    http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.104.721

J Investig Med. 1999 Sep;47(8):405-13.
    Increased leucine turnover and insulin resistance in men with advanced HIV infection.
    Hardin DS, LeBlanc A, Young D, Johnson P.
    Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston 77030, USA.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND: The purpose of this study was to determine if patients with advanced HIV infection exhibit increased rates of leucine turnover and to determine dose effects of insulin on suppression of leucine turnover. We also wished to evaluate hepatic glucose production and re-examine peripheral insulin sensitivity in HIV infected adults. METHODS: Results from 9 males with advanced HIV disease (96-121% ideal body weight, NW-AIDS) and 3 males (80-88% ideal body weight, UW-AIDS) were compared to age and weight matched normal volunteers (NW-C and UW-C). Each subject underwent basal leucine turnover studies followed by insulin dose response studies using a step-up hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp (insulin dose: 10, 20 and 120 mU/m2/min) and the stable isotope [1-13C]leucine. Hepatic glucose production was measured using the stable isotope d-6,6(2)H2-glucose. Resting energy expenditure (REE) was measured by indirect calorimetry and a 24-hour food recall was obtained. Viral load, Karnofsky score, and CD4 counts were measured in AIDS subjects. RESULTS: All subjects with AIDS had higher rates of leucine appearance (leucine Ra) than controls. Although both AIDS and Controls demonstrated suppression of leucine Ra with insulin, suppression was less in AIDS subjects. There was a strong relationship between leucine Ra and viral load (r = 0.87, P = 0.02). The AIDS subjects exhibited peripheral insulin resistance when compared to controls.
    CONCLUSIONS: Our results suggest that patients with HIV have both peripheral insulin resistance and resistance to the anticatabolic effects of insulin.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10510593

HEMW

HE - Hemagglutinin esterase
    Hemagglutinin esterase is a protein of the envelope of some viruses. Its function is related with the pathogenicity of the virus and with its interaction with the host. It may help the virus bind and enter the mucus layer of the intestinal way.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemagglutinin_esterase

gp120 is a glycoprotein exposed on the surface of the HIV envelope. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) can mutate frequently to stay ahead of the immune system. There is however a highly conserved region in the virus genome near its receptor binding site. The glycoprotein gp120 is anchored to the viral membrane, or envelope, via non-covalent bonds with the transmembrane glycoprotein, gp41. It is involved in entry into cells by binding to CD4 receptors, particularly helper T-cells. Binding to CD4 is mainly electrostatic although there are van der Waals interactions and hydrogen bonds.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gp120

The human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) CD4 receptor and its central role in promotion of HIV-1 infection.
    Microbiol Rev. 1995 March; 59(1): 63–93. S Bour, R Geleziunas, and M A Wainberg
    Abstract
    Interactions between the viral envelope glycoprotein gp120 and the cell surface receptor CD4 are responsible for the entry of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) into host cells in the vast majority of cases. HIV-1 replication is commonly followed by the disappearance or receptor downmodulation of cell surface CD4. This potentially renders cells nonsusceptible to subsequent infection by HIV-1, as well as by other viruses that use CD4 as a portal of entry. Disappearance of CD4 from the cell surface is mediated by several different viral proteins that act at various stages through the course of the viral life cycle, and it occurs in T-cell lines, peripheral blood CD4+ lymphocytes, and monocytes of both primary and cell line origin. At the cell surface, gp120 itself and in the form of antigen-antibody complexes can trigger cellular pathways leading to CD4 internalization. Intracellularly, the mechanisms leading to CD4 downmodulation by HIV-1 are multiple and complex; these include degradation of CD4 by Vpu, formation of intracellular complexes between CD4 and the envelope precursor gp160, and internalization by the Nef protein. Each of the above doubtless contributes to the ultimate depletion of cell surface CD4, although the relative contribution of each mechanism and the manner in which they interact remain to be definitively established.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC239355/

HIV attacks the immune system and this allows opportunistic viruses to enter the body unhindered. With a comprised immune system the body can not fight of even a minor virus, minor viruses will also become major infections. To produce antibodies against a virus, the body must recognize the virus`protein coat. HIV continually changes it`s protein coat before the immune system can create antibodies to fight it.

Leucine aids the body in fighting off viruses but it can only be obtained by consuming it. Poor nutrition and access to leucine in food in such places as Africa, accounts for some of the increase in the prevalence of AIDS in such countries as Ethoipia.

MW - Multi-Purpose Weapon
    The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is a man made, it is a Biological Weapon that has multiple purposes. For instance, HIV is targeting specific races, sexual orientation etc. as well as reducing the population.

[youtube:3viovnph]

[youtube:3viovnph]
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    This is really sad. It can be now anything possible. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> Us men have messed up everything God intended us to enjoy. Now, the heading MJ Threatened. This is one of my favourite songs every time I hear it I feel something weird and this is something the heading of this article forget the estate it's MJ who was Threatened
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    0624-mj-estate-ex-01-credit.jpg

reminds me of the gilda-money they used at the court when child-support hearing of CM took place
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    Threatened ? The song maybe ?

Tonight’s story is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction
    A monster had arrived in the village
    The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown
    And this person or thing is soon to be met
    He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion
    Oh yes, I did forget something didn’t I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster.

You’re fearing me, ‘cause you know I’m a beast
    Watching you when you sleep, when you’re in bed
    I’m underneath
    You’re trapped in halls, and my face is the walls
    I’m the floor when you fall, and when you scream it’s ‘cause of me
    I’m the living dead, the dark thoughts in your head
    I heard just what you said
    That’s why you’ve got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]
    You should be watching me, you should feel threatened
    While you sleep, while you creep, you should be threatened
    Every time your lady speaks she speaks of me, threatened
    Half of me you’ll never be, so you should feel threatened by me

You think you’re by yourself, but it’s my touch you felt
    I’m not a ghost from Hell, but I’ve got a spell on you
    Your worst nightmare, it's me, I'm everywhere
    In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
    I’m telling you, when you lie under a tomb
    I’m the one watching you
    That’s why you got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]

[ROD SERLING VERSE]
    The unknown monster is about to embark
    From a far corner, out of the dark
    A nightmare, that’s the case
    Never Neverland, that’s the place
    This particular monster can read minds
    Be in two places at the same time
    This is judgement night, execution, slaughter
    The devil, ghosts, this monster is torture
    You can be sure of one thing, that’s fate
    A human presence that you feel is strange
    A monster that you can see disappear
    A monster, the worst thing to fear.

[CHORUS x 3]

[ROD SERLING OUTRO]
    What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
    It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You took the words right out of money <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> . Well-said, Sarahli! MJ's lyrics speak volumes. MJ, baby, there is nothing that you did not cover. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    You are a total genius, baby! xxxxxxxx
    Regarding HIV/AIDS subject just wanted to put here the story of Ryan White and the song "Gone Too Soon". The title of the book "Never Can Say Goodbye" made me remember this song that I love deeply.

"Gone Too Soon" is a song recorded by American musician Michael Jackson. It was written by Buz Kohan and Larry Grossman, and co-produced by Bruce Swedien and Jackson for the singer's eighth studio album, Dangerous (1991). The song was also mixed by Swedien, and featured instrumentation by artists such as Steve Porcaro, Michael Boddicker, Abraham Laboriel and Paulinho Da Costa. "Gone Too Soon" was dedicated to the memory of Jackson's friend Ryan White, a teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who came to national attention, after being expelled from his school for having HIV/AIDS.

Ryan White was an American teenager from Kokomo, Indiana who became a national poster child for HIV/AIDS in the United States after being expelled from school because of his infection. A hemophiliac, he became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment and, when diagnosed in 1984, was given six months to live. Though doctors said he posed no risk to other students, AIDS was poorly understood at the time, and when White tried to return to school, many parents and teachers in Kokomo rallied against his attendance. A lengthy legal battle with the school system ensued, and media coverage of the struggle made White into a national celebrity and spokesman for AIDS research and public education.

During this time, White was befriended by singer Michael Jackson. White's mother Jeanne commented on the friendship, "It's a really good relationship. They have a good time. [Michael Jackson] treats [Ryan White] like he's not sick. And Ryan treats Michael like he's not a celebrity." The pop star bought the teenager a red Ford Mustang, and invited White and his mother to spend time at his Neverland Ranch in Santa Barbara County, California. Surprising his doctors, White lived five years longer than initially predicted and died in April 1990, shortly before he would have completed high school. His funeral was attended by Jackson, as well as English musician Elton John, media personality Phil Donahue, First Lady of the United States Barbara Bush, and 1000 other mourners.

The song was further promoted with a live performance of "Gone Too Soon" at President-elect Bill Clinton's inauguration celebration, An American Reunion: The 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala. The pop star dedicated his performance to White, and used the occasion to plead with the incoming president for funding toward AIDS-related research:

"I would like to take a moment from this very public ceremony to speak of something very personal. It concerns a dear friend of mine who is no longer with us. His name is Ryan White. He was a hemophiliac who was diagnosed with the AIDS virus when he was eleven. He died shortly after turning eighteen, the very time most young people are beginning to explore life's wonderful possibilities. My friend Ryan was a very bright, very brave, and very normal young man who never wanted to be a symbol or a spokesperson for a deadly disease. Over the years, I've shared many silly, happy, and painful moments with Ryan and I was with him at the end of his brief but eventful journey. Ryan is gone and just as anyone who has lost a loved one to AIDS, I miss him deeply and constantly. He is gone, but I want his life to have meaning beyond his passing. It is my hope, President-elect Clinton, that you and your administration commit the resources needed to eliminate this awful disease that took my friend, and ended so many promising lives before their time."

Gone Too Soon

Like A Comet
    Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
    Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
    Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
    Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
    And Splendidly Bright
    Here One Day
    Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight